• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Oh I didn't know that.
You can also be grabbed by command grabs without being able to jump out of them. If I do Cerebella's 360, it'll grab you even if during the super flash you look like you're still in the air doing an attack just barely off the ground, because even if you hold up during the flash before touching the ground you're in that land recovery during US's active frames.

Filia cMK(3) doesn't seem to have the same vacuum as the rest of the hits?

At max cLK range vs standing Filia,
cLK cMK(1) sHP
cLK cMK(2) sHP
cLK cMK(4) sHP
All work; cLK cMK(5) sHP doesn't, but that is known/intended.
However, cLK cMK(3) sHP also has the sHP whiff, which seems unintended?

Or is this known/wanted for X reason?

Last edited:
General
- Fixed a MAJOR bug in UI memory management. This might be responsible for lots of crashes, or it might not have been responsible for anything. See if some things that used to crash don't anymore, maybe! I do not expect this will fix the alt-voicepack crash online, but it'd be nice if it did...
- Standardized the position of the hitboxes on everyone's burst relative to their "point". Affects Cerebella, Filia, Fukua, Painwheel, Parasoul, and Peacock. Big Band's is still bigger than everyone else's, but it is centered too. Thanks Stuff!
- Trying a different DP>QCT fix: DP motions are now invalid if you ever press straight Back during one; so, F,B,D,DF,F is QCT (64236 = 236), but B,F,D,DF,F is a DP (46236 = 623). Thanks for the not awful suggestion, IsaVulpes.
- Announcer error line now takes your voicepack choice into account. Thanks Dawn111.

Beowulf
- "One twenty-inch PYTHON!" and "Gigantic ARM!" now properly alternate, he won't say one twice in a row.
- Because it is a single hit and thus applies no scaling itself but gets a huge counterhit bonus, Gigantic Arm damage has been reduced 2750->2500 and now scales followup combos to 80%. The previous meterless and assistless 10k followup is now 8.5k. I believe this is fair. :^)
- Geatish Trepak no longer will trigger a Drama burst when above 240, like all other grab mode finishers won't. Still applies 20 Drama when applicable, like all other grab mode finishers do. Thanks SonicFox.
Big Band
- Fixed s.HP VO not interrupting itself.
Ms. Fortune
- Fixed a really odd bug where the head could use the wrong run-to-body during her winpose and end up attaching and disappearing. Thanks Silverpineguy!
Painwheel
- Improved the hitbox and timing of the hit on SMILE! :^P
Parasoul
- Uncensored all of Salty Parasoul's lines. Why the file system consistency check not.
RoboFortune
- Removed extraneous vulnerable box at her waist during the middle of LK Danger.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/209762072205848387

Last night as I was streaming, during the end of the stream when I went to play someone my game would crash when I chose my final character, right after I chose the assist. It also crashed on solos, before map selection came up. I went to -log it but it worked after that.
I'll make a video of it happening since I caught it all but this might have been fixed, not sure with the new update.
Also the ips display save state bug is still apparent.

Last night as I was streaming, during the end of the stream when I went to play someone my game would crash when I chose my final character, right after I chose the assist. It also crashed on solos, before map selection came up. I went to -log it but it worked after that.
THAT one should be fixed with the memory bug I just fixed.

I'll make a video of it happening since I caught it all but this might have been fixed, not sure with the new update.
Me and @Bit_Strife were getting this too. Try going to Steam and right click SG Beta > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. @FakeangeL recommended it and it fixed the problem. If this is a new problem you wanted documented tho, Mike, I have log files and Bit has video of it occuring.

I had a ton of crashes last night, I didn't turn logging on but it was the same situation as acfan where I wasn't picking voice packs at all, it was just crashing when i picked my last character. This probably isn't much help since I just went to retail instead of testing it but I'm guessing since it has nothing to do with voice packs then the patch probably fixed it.

Skullgirls RoboBeta Patch Notes - 6/5 said:
Why the file system consistency check not.

Hah! I get that joke

One more thing regarding when the game crashes, lobby settings were not reset to what they were when the game crashes but whatever was there the last time the game was successfully closed. Probably not a concern but something I noticed.

I thought I heard something about some Fukua changes that were supposed to be happening. Are they not?

I thought I heard something about some Fukua changes that were supposed to be happening. Are they not?
Sonic made a tweet to the effect that he had a long conversation with Mike Z and Fukua nerfs would be coming as a result. Nothing official, though.

I'll be over here having a weird dream where she doesn't dive on block but her fireballs have the old hitstun.

Has anybody else been having problems when alt+tabing out of the game while its at full-screen? When I try to go back into the game stops responding and won't close.

I haven't been able to get it to happen consistently but it mostly happens when playing online between matches. It happens to me in beta and retail, fyi.

So...any crashes better/gone?
I played some sets today after the patch and it feels like there's slightly more stalls with the game than before. Not full on game crashing freezes, but a stall where the game was probably loading something for a noticeable amount of time after picking a stage or confirming teams.

What did happen is two different instances of the game crashing after choosing "Return to Lobby" in a 2-person private lobby, but I don't know if that's a thing that's affected by -log bring on like the last lobby bug.

Last edited:
Anyone having better luck with alt voices online?
I was in a beta lobby for a long time yesterday.
Both I and my opponents were often picking alt voice packs, both manually and via macros and I didn't get a single crash for 3,5h.
This from someone who was experiencing frequent crashes in character select right after alternate voice packs were added, so I'm guessing whatever was the problem for me is now fixed.

Last edited:
No crashes since the last patch. Been super laggy, but that's probably just the free/cheap weekend introducing me to new terrible computers.

Not a huge fan of the DP/QCF change, I've been getting a lot more accidental QCF. I can probably learn to do cleaner DP motions, just saiyan.

I finally got around to playing with the voice packs. They seem rather quiet when playing without head phones.

Not a huge fan of the DP/QCF change, I've been getting a lot more accidental QCF. I can probably learn to do cleaner DP motions, just saiyan.
Do you have a replay screenshot with input viewer of when you are trying to DP and get a QCF?
I have no idea how you would input a straight back by accident into "Forward, Down, DownForward"?!

I feel like in order to get QCF by accident you would have to do
:HCB::HCF:
Which is sorta whoa but I guess I don't use a stick so I can't judge.

The recent one, or the one before the recent one?
I'm interested in seeing your inputs if you're getting QCTs with the recent one, since the only things that'll give them are:
- HCT (B,DB,D,DF,F)
- B in the middle of a DP (F,B,D,DF,F)
- B at the end of a DP (F,D,DF,F,B)
or actually doing the DP too slowly and having the first F drop off the input buffer, but that's always been true.
?

@dekillsage @Duckator
You guys stream a lot, have you noticed any fewer crashes in the Beta since the last update? Not talking about lobbies wigging out, but like lobby crashing to black screen etc.

No clue what you're talking about. Might wanna expand on that.

Ms. Fortune
- Fixed a sound bug in MsFortune's head death. Thanks dragonos451!
Painwheel
- Fixed repeated Valleywheel VO if you hit with her tag in.
RoboFortune
- Ground L and M beams and air M beam: Blockstun increases the further you are away from her, no longer punishable on block by Argus when far away. Disadvantage on block now ranges from -12 up close to -8 when far away for ground beams. Hitstun unchanged.
- Bugfix: no Meowmeowmeow VO while double-snapped during her Lv3. Thanks ClawsAndEffect!
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/209762072216627537

Reactions: Dime
Ground L and M beams and air M beam: Blockstun increases the further you are away from her, no longer punishable on block by Argus when far away. Disadvantage on block now ranges from -12 up close to -8 when far away for ground beams. Hitstun unchanged.
Awesome.

Mike, I found that a certain secret triggers the hype train that has nothing to do with bursting, if this is intentional, which I assume it is, just wanted to say I really like it.

Mike, I found that a certain secret triggers the hype train that has nothing to do with bursting, if this is intentional, which I assume it is, just wanted to say I really like it.
'course it's intentional! :^)

Reactions: Aden
Is it...

Squigly's Demon?

Everything Mike does is intentional. Unless it sucks, then it's a bug

Everything Mike does is intentional. Unless it sucks, then it's a bug
Then if it's a bug, he might make it intentional.

So everything is intentional.

Except when it's not.

Unless it sucks, then it's a bug
I'm going to stop you right there, the Parasoul Robo bug was a bug and it most certainly did not suck, that was some of the most entertaining Skullgirls online play I've ever seen or had a part in.

@guitalex2007 Yeah.