• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Audio Skullgirls Voice Actresses Playing the Game

80% Lean

20% Machine
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Parasoul Filia Cerebella
So Laura Post (voice actress for Valentine) was playing on the last Salty Cupcakes stream and I was surprised to see that she actually wasn't bad for a beginner level player. It's funny to see her trash talk and laugh at Big Band too.
http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed/b/460599582?t=29m00s

So I was curious to see what other voice actresses actually played the game and came across Erin Fitzgerald (Parasoul) vs. Sarah Williams (Peacock).
Best part is at 3:06 when Erin goes super saiyan rage and totally starts to destroy everything.

Again, surprisingly the VAs can actually play! I guess I just imagined them doing voices and then just leaving forever onto their next job so it's cool to see that they're willing to sit down and play a round or two.

EDIT: Spelled "Sarrah" wrong. :(

Last edited:
If you dig around, I think there are actually videos of all the VAs playing the game, from a promotional series they did when the game was originally released. During EVO 2013 and various Salty Cupcakes they have also played the game on record. Anyway, you can't underestimate these guys; they were all personally trained by Mike Z!

They were all trained by Mike Z. They don't necessarily retain that training though. Erin Fitzgerald admitted that herself. =P

Speaking of Erin, it's pretty much confirmed that we'll finally be seeing Parasoul's voiced story mode.

1233966_474263379337824_2055895559_n.png

Reactions: juju_for_president
Does this mean we will get to have the other characters in the story voiced too? If so, that would mean getting to hear a canon Umbrella voice!

Hey guys,

Thanks for checking us out! We just released the first episode of the series seen in the screenshot posted by DDB above (nice ninja work, by the way...). It's Laura (voice of Valentine) vs. Danielle (voice of Painwheel) in front of a live panel audience at this past year's Animé Los Angeles convention. You should watch it. Highly recommended.

Also if you guys have any questions or comments or anything, I'd be more than happy to answer here!

When's Annie

Have you guys tried to contact Lauren Landa and Liam O'Brien?

Have you guys tried to contact Lauren Landa and Liam O'Brien?

Not yet. We'll probably line something up for after the DLC characters are released on consoles. We're working out logistics for another new video though but I'm not sure I can talk about it quiiiite yet. Should be pretty easy to figure out though!

When's Annie

You knew what you were getting into when you said you'd be happy to answer Annie question.

Reactions: Error Macro
I think we need fans to do short animations akin to what gamegrumps fans did for Jon (Grump emeritus), Arin, and Danny.

Particularly Laura Posts. Hers tend to be especially amusing. To name a few...

"Strength to boob ratio"

"New Hank Hill"

"Two weeks notice for Marie"

And some of her plain matches. Sarah Williams is a really close second though considering she does some of Marie's lines in addition to Peacocks.

Then the Republican Double!

Moved to the more appropriate SMV section.

Moved to the more appropriate SMV section.
Thank you.

And going off my previous post I was wondering. Should the animations be half-character half-VA, or like just the VA with identifiers on them? (I.e Christine with Filia's hair, Sarah with Peacock's hat and arms, etc.)

This is all hypothetical though considering I can't animate ^^;

EDIT: Here's one animation I found that was pretty good

Last edited:
Reactions: Covenant
I think we need fans to do short animations akin to what gamegrumps fans did for Jon (Grump emeritus), Arin, and Danny.

Particularly Laura Posts. Hers tend to be especially amusing. To name a few...

"Strength to boob ratio"

"New Hank Hill"

"Two weeks notice for Marie"

And some of her plain matches. Sarah Williams is a really close second though considering she does some of Marie's lines in addition to Peacocks.

Then the Republican Double!

Omg. Someone PLEASE do this. I would lose my mind.

Oh also new episode la di dah:

These episodes are pretty to watch.
Actually when I read this, I think of BlazBlue Radio which is a real life example of the VAs for a game sitting down and talking about stuff accompanied by drawings of their characters acting silly.

Case closed! Let's get drunk.

Still remember the old vids - like any Erin vs Sarah, Republican Double and Sarah making up Yu-Wan's backstory, which is pure gold -, I don't know how I've missed these! Anyway, good to see them here, time to watch 'em!

Reactions: 80% Lean
Since you VoG guys apparently can't advertise, I'll do it for yas!

I like the parts where Kimlinh went crazy. It was especially funny when she was doing Filia.

That and Laura's love of "Garbage day makes me wonder what it would be like if the girls parodied eachother's characters for fun. How would Laura do Peacock? Erin do Cerebella? So on and so forth?

It'd be amusing.

Ugh, this is annoying the crap outta me, does the video have any sort of forced advertising or something? I can't see it and I have a duel combo of safescript and adblocker+ running on this comp.

I'm not sure, since I can view other videos just fine.

While all of these are hilarious, I can't help but dream of the day that Laura gets to read Squiggly's story mode voicing Leviathan AS The Leviathan (should Lauren be available but not Liam, for example), if only because it'd be really funny to me despite how obscure a reference it might be.