• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Audio Skullgirls Voice Pack Discussion

Marie can be haxored in, so she is technically playable.

Thanks! It was funny, caus i'am russian XD

Some body get what Mike says on 1:55? Some Japanies lines?

Some body get what Mike says on 1:55? Some Japanies lines?
It's "soshite, toki wa ugokidasu", Japanese for "and now, time flows again". One of many Jojo nods in Skullgirls, here referencing this move.

そして、時は動き出す。

Not recorded because SHE ISN'T A PLAYABLE CHARACTER! Deal with it. :^P

Nevozmozhno! I'll never bor'by s nim! :^o

Listen at 3:22 ("Marie!" "Like old times.")
and at 3:31 ("Umbrella!" "Get 'em runt!")
All those unused Marie and Umbrella tag calls...
Play at 2:09
Seriously though, even if they might never be used (sob), the broken symmetry of leaving one of the pair of possible characters' hidden clips is incongruous to the running tradition. Like having one shoe, or only a pepper shaker and not a salt shaker.

the voice packs got me wondering: would they also be in the japanese arcade version?

sounds like an arcade operator menu thing.

Hah, imagine the confusion to passerbies if all voice packs were turned on.

the voice packs got me wondering: would they also be in the japanese arcade version?

sounds like an arcade operator menu thing.
I don't see why not since the arcade version is the same as the PC version. Besides, the JP audience loves the English voices.

how do i get to voicepack in beta.....? potentially dumb question...100% probability

Help & Options > Settings > Voice Settings.

Reactions: Wenzel
This is so cool~ I cant wait for the female annocer packet I want the game to sound super cute.

It's "soshite, toki wa ugokidasu", Japanese for "and now, time flows again". One of many Jojo nods in Skullgirls, here referencing this move.
Спасибо)

Astrologers proclaim the week of Russia. Population of Cyrillic characters doubles!

Also, @Cellsai, how about adding Mike's soviet tutorials to opening post, so newer people would understand the joke?

Astrologers proclaim the week of Russia. Population of Cyrillic characters doubles!
Plz. Week is +5, population doubles on months.

I forgot are the voice packs coming to consoles as well?
Yes, at the very least Soviet will be along with Beowulf.

If we're being entirely honest with ourselves, your English isn't that great either.
I accidentally a like your post.

The only thing I want to know is this...

Mike, did you wear an Ushanka when recording the REAL SOVIET announcer lines?

Reactions: BallotBoxer
true, but it's also L0's plan to keep people from confusing Filia and Fukua, it's a gameplay thing
it's the same thing as why Filia/Fukua and Fortune/Robo won't get each other's palettes

and blur the "can't tell which is which" lines even more? no thanks
Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll record some specific lines for Fuks to differentiate them more.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll record some specific lines for Fuks to differentiate them more.
I can guess they'd remake Fuks' animations and design if they had the money

If they could spend moeny on clone characters, I think they'd give priority to Double. Since she's, you know, canon. And didn't took just a week to be made

Reactions: hiyokoko
Even full-blown revoicing of character is easier then redrawing. It costs money too, granted, but is still quicker. They are also supposed to have recordings for alternate voices around now, so it should be plausible methinks.

the only alt voices they have are Soviet Announcer and the old version of the Female Announcer <which they already said was outdated and needed re-recording>

the only alt voices they have are Soviet Announcer and the old version of the Female Announcer <which they already said was outdated and needed re-recording>
Which means, other ones are not yet ready, which means they are recording them around now or going to record them soon, which means it's possible for them to add some lines to Fukua if they were going to do so, which was my point originally. What exactly were you trying to tell me there? O_o

None of the voice packs involve Christine, so neither Filia or Fukua are getting new lines, only quotes from other characters.

If you meant more lines TOWARDS Fukua as said by other characters, then whoops, total misread =P

None of the voice packs involve Christine, so neither Filia or Fukua are getting new lines, only quotes from other characters.
I know that. I just thought it would be possible to ask her.

what would Umbrella's Real Soviet Announcer name call be?

Since Tsar daughter is already taken My bet is that it would have been Anastasia. But i'm mainly thinking about the Shadow heart 2 version of Anastasia!

In all case, that voice pack is totally glorious! Almost makes me feel bad for the default announcer, which were already doing a great job...

Wanting to be a VA before being a programmer? That's quite the career shift!

I heard of a "New Egrets" pack for Parasoul to have the Egret's VAs parody their older characters <Kaiji being a Not-Kenshiro Egret, for example>. I heard of it replacing Robo's voice pack when she got promoted to playable, but didn't see anything else on it on the igg or anywhere else. Is that a thing that is happening?

Last edited:
I heard of a "New Egrets" pack for parasoul to have the Egret's VAs parody their older characters <Kaiji being a Not-Kenshiro Egret, for example>. I heard of it replacing Robo's voice pack when she got promoted to playable, but didn't see anything else on it on the igg or anywhere else. Is that a thing that is happening?
Noperoo.

If not, what would Umbrella's Real Soviet Announcer name call be?
Illusorny ("illusory") since she isn't a playable character ever and ever.

Illusorny ("illusory") since she isn't a playable character ever and ever.
hmm, I actually forgot this one, but this form is male one too. for female noun you're supposed to use "illuzornaya" (ee-lyu-zOHr-nah-ya, иллюзорная). in this one you can pronounce it as if it has single L - it is no big deal.