• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Splatoon

Someone console me. Tell me what it's like when a boy squid gets his ink all over a girl squid.....and then the girl squid returns the favor.

tumblr_npif5z1Q1l1ro0g5eo1_r1_75sq.png

The paint brush so far is a really good weapon...when everyone else isn't picking it

Reactions: Rellek
I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Definitely outclassed in the damage/ink spread department by the rollers but they seem to be good for slipping past enemies and just causing havoc.

I think the main importance of the paint brush is how much paint you splash when swinging it. That thing builds up your special meter REAL quick.

I feel like the Paintbrush is a tool that is best used carving out a quick path into the enemy's territory with your friends following behind you in squid form. If you get in trouble there is one set that has the sub-weapon sprinklers to set up a quick wall giving you enough time to jump back and retreat, or have your friends come to you can give you aid. But then again that's just how I would use it, you could just go super combat heavy and quickly go from target to target slashing them with the brush before zipping off.

Does anyone else really not like the new map? The narrow hallways make it more difficult than it should be to even just walk. I always feel like it's just a game of whoever gets there first wins.
I completely agree with you buddy. Those alleys that connect the long corridors ALWAYS seem to be hiding a roller who jumps out at you and fucks your shit up. Then you have to respawn and swim aaaall the way back across the map because all your teammates met the same fate simultaneously.

Finally got the game, AWW YEH!

Phew, I reached level 19 last night, my hands were hurting like a mother fucker lol, the paint brush weapon really strains your hand after slashing the hell out of people to make them die. I wish you had the option to use the pro controller, it would hurt way less then using the tablet for extended periods of time. I understand you need the tablet for super jumping and seeing the map, but I kinda wish there was a separate menu for the map and such, like other shooters. Hopefully over the summer, Nintendo takes feed back from all players and tries to improve the online experience and user interface.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Didn't they say you could play with a pro controller if you strap a WiiMote to it?

Didn't they say you could play with a pro controller if you strap a WiiMote to it?

Does that work online? Cause I will attempt it.

Actually that might only be a function in the Local Multiplayer.
I mean, go ahead and give it a shot, but it probably won't work.

Actually that might only be a function in the Local Multiplayer.
I mean, go ahead and give it a shot, but it probably won't work.

Yeah I thought so. I wish nintendo would have at least had the option for an alternate control.

I still havent gone online yet because I want to finish single player first.
About how long does it take to reach lvl 10?

I won't be able to get online for awhile due to time and commitments and such D:

I have ultimately enjoyed my time with the inkbrush. It's especially fun when both teams have it, because it becomes less of a turn war and more of a slap fight. Also, that weapon almost completely nullifies turning into a squid, and I find it hilarious.

I really wanna hyperlink the awesome artwork Shadman did for the game but I really don't know if I should considering Shad is a bit more lewd (and more violent) than most other artists.
the art itself isn't really lewd aside from the fact you can see a butt.

Last edited:
I still havent gone online yet because I want to finish single player first.
About how long does it take to reach lvl 10?
Can do it in a day if you are really committed. I got to lvl 10 the second day.

One more level for me and the fun really starts when i can add/change abilities on my gear.

Also who is ready for the first splatfest? Team dog all the way.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Can do it in a day if you are really committed. I got to lvl 10 the second day.
That's not so bad. I'll probably start my online adventures Monday.
I'm about to finish splatoon. Just finished lvl 26 and noticed that the research note for it actually includes a wii u pro controller with a wii-mote strapped to it. It's kinda funny.

One of these days, I'm gonna try doing that once I get a pro controller and some string. Has anyone else tried this stupidly amazing controller scheme?

I finally finished single player. The final boss was pretty awesome.
I don't know if I should be ashamed that the sole time I was splatted was the final boss.

I also managed to get all of the scrolls (aside from 2.5) on the first try; the 0.5 is because I found a scroll on the spatswitch stage and ran into a unpassable border that knocked me into a launcher while I was swimming towards it.....I restarted that stage.

Reactions: No longer exist
I finally finished single player. The final boss was pretty awesome.
I don't know if I should be ashamed that the sole time I was splatted was the final boss.

I also managed to get all of the scrolls (aside from 2.5) on the first try; the 0.5 is because I found a scroll on the spatswitch stage and ran into a unpassable border that knocked me into a launcher while I was swimming towards it.....I restarted that stage.
>the sole time I was splatted was the final boss

I... what does this even mean?

When you get KO'd=you got splattered
I understand what splatted means, what I'm referring to is the bad grammar there. After some figuring out it should read: The only time I was splatted in the single player mode was at the final boss.

I understand what splatted means, what I'm referring to is the bad grammar there. After some figuring out it should read: The only time I was splatted in the single player mode was at the final boss.
The topics were single player mode and the final boss, and sole means only.
I don't see how it was hard to understand at all. At most I could have written "during" or "at" the final boss, but, the context shouldnt be lost unless you're really tired or English isnt your first language.

Take your sentence for example:
I understand what splatted means, what I'm referring to is the bad grammar there.
The comma placement is grammatically incorrect. You'd need to use a conjunction after it, or (my personal preference) use a semicolon, or simply use a period and make a new sentence.

I didn't lose the context or suddenly stop understanding what you meant, though.

But, honestly, does it really matter here? We're not writing legal documents. Our sentences dont need to be perfect. I frequently leave out apostrophes in words like don't and even won't, though wont is actually a word. People familiar with english (note the lack of capitalization) tend to understand what's meant. And even outside of forums, in real life, people still tend to understand what's meant when things are left out.

I mean if someone unfamiliar with english says to you, "how get gas station" (pretty grammatically incorrect), would you really be that confused?

" Let's see..... 'gas station' and 'how get'....hmmmmm. Nope don't get it. They're asking a question and they're including a location, but there's not enough context and it's too gramatically incorrect to understand the question."

I mean, come on. lol

deep grammar lessons here in the splatoon thread

The topics were single player mode and the final boss, and sole means only.
I don't see how it was hard to understand at all. At most I could have written "during" or "at" the final boss, but, the context shouldnt be lost unless you're really tired or English isnt your first language.

Take your sentence for example:

The comma placement is grammatically incorrect. You'd need to use a conjunction after it, or (my personal preference) use a semicolon, or simply use a period and make a new sentence.

I didn't lose the context or suddenly stop understanding what you meant, though.

But, honestly, does it really matter here? We're not writing legal documents. Our sentences dont need to be perfect. I frequently leave out apostrophes in words like don't and even won't, though wont is actually a word. People familiar with english (note the lack of capitalization) tend to understand what's meant. And even outside of forums, in real life, people still tend to understand what's meant when things are left out.

I mean if someone unfamiliar with english says to you, "how get gas station" (pretty grammatically incorrect), would you really be that confused?

" Let's see..... 'gas station' and 'how get'....hmmmmm. Nope don't get it. They're asking a question and they're including a location, but there's not enough context and it's too gramatically incorrect to understand the question."

I mean, come on. lol
Alright then. The placement of words made it a little confusing to understand at first glance. I obviously figured it out so no biggy yeah? "How get gas station" would confuse me to. It's just how I put the world together. I apologize for tickling your nerves.

deep grammar lessons here in the splatoon thread
Capitalize that "D".
Where's your period, soldier?!
We don't play that in Splatoonius Threadius!
You could confuse someone!

Alright then. The placement of words made it a little confusing to understand at first glance. I obviously figured it out so no biggy yeah? "How get gas station" would confuse me to. It's just how I put the world together. I apologize for tickling your nerves.
No nerves were ticked; sorry if it came off that way. I thought my 'lol' covered that.
I just found it really odd that my sentence was misunderstood.

The world is perceived in many ways. Peace can only be achieved through understanding.

Negotiations complete. We have come to terms.

The world is perceived in many ways. Peace can only be achieved through understanding.
Somewhat true. The world is definitely perceived in many ways and peace can potentially come from understanding, but understanding doesn't always mean you'll come to terms or agree.....however, I think it's always worth trying to understand.