• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Splatoon

I think that Pearl will get her day eventually, probably. I depends on how much they play up her personalty and if her fans create some spicy memes, one that easily come to mind is a parallel with Eminem and mom's ink spaghetti.

Calling it now, there will be a Splatfest of Squid Sisters vs. Off the Hook at some point.

Marie & a freed Callie will tag team the upstarts who have taken their rightful Idol throne.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
Hopefully, they stay fresh with it.

Because if they do, it's gonna be off the hook.

Reactions: PastelOctoling
@TechPowah and I theorize that Off the Hook is fucking evil and are the final bosses of the story mode with a brainwashed Callie and after you beat it, Callie and Marie take over their rightful Splatfest duties.

I'll just leave this here...
19875291_1596813863693615_1880824203259542050_n.png
Also, Marina the Octoling is bae yo.

Oh yeah, here's som'in about Callie that someone noticed on another forum I goto:
I should probably also mention that even though it was omitted in the English direct, Callie briefly appears across the radio channel in the Japanese direct.
In the clip she says that she "wants things to be how they were before", so perhaps she might not be brainwashed after all...

Reactions: Ninja
It could be she is fighting the brainwashing. if you look in the Japanese text, she seems to be stuttering or struggling to say what she wants to say.

That and Callie does not naturally have red eyes.

The fact we are not seeing Gramps or Octavio is slightly worrying as well.

do i have to explain the menstruation joke in the character named Flow being described as an aunt (figure) or did we all just get it at go

I already called it since the first noticeable absence of callie that she is probably working for the octarians for her own reasons and wasn't captured/brainwashed.

what if the octarians aren't even bad anymore guys
and we're the villains
marie is a criminal mastermind who must be stopped at all costs

I don't see them getting rid of Pearl or Marina after single play, as that would just be stupid. Though I also doubt they won't be involved it the story either, but how I haven't a clue.

Like they wouldn't hype up the brainwashing storyline and be like 'lolololol nope twas all a jape' especially with music being the main component in both single players. Like the second final boss is gonna be Callie fighting the brainwashing, while you fight her (probably inadvertently by splatting generators or radio towers), and Marie trying to snap her out of it with either generic 'snap out of it' conversation or with music (probably with Tide Goes Out, a Marie version of Bomb Rush Blush, and/or Calamari Inkantation). Then a fight with Octavio, plus whom ever might be helping him. I kinda doubt they'd make it Pearl and Marina, though I'm kinda hoping for it just for a Ebb & Flow vs Calamari Inkantation Mix.

I'm not sure Ebb & Flow is their Splatfest song. We'll find out what it is soon for the Testfire Cake vs. Icecream Splatfest. (glad I'm not in it, you need Cake & Ice Cream together, not separate!)

I love Pearl

but I hated Callie and loved Marie

I'm a wild card

Nah man she shoot's you a dirty look at first sure, but then is like 'naw mate s'all good'
495.gif

Reactions: Era
We're only half-way through Splatoon 2's story, but we've already seen longer stages and more variety than the original.
Awwww yeeeeah.

Soooo, even thought this is gonna be obvious, what's everyone voting for and more importantly why? Like even before popularity of the double chocolate mint babe, cake would be at a disadvantage as ice cream is clearly just superior.

I'm going with cake. Not because of who represents what, it's because I like cake more than I like ice cream. Also chocolate cake has never given me brainfreeze so there's that.

I'm going cake.

I can eat more cake than I can ice cream, due to my intolerance to dairy.

It's also healthier.

Pearl is best girl and I am SO ready for this season of splat waifu wars in this thread, the last one was too fun.

Or we could not have a waifu war? It'll just be a huge mess for the janitor to clean up. Think of the janitor guys :c

I mean im basically gonna be the janitor... I mean I am the one starting the Skullheart Splatfest anyways haha

And then Splatoon 3 happens where Pearl is Kidnapped/brainwashed and Marina has to train Agent 5 to save her while meeting two new Squid Idols.
Except they're not waifu Squid Idols, they're husbando Squid Idols named Mack and Rell and then we have weekly turf wars before getting to the main event focusing about them. Then the ocean cycle continues.

And then Splatoon 3 happens where Pearl is Kidnapped/brainwashed and Marina has to train Agent 5 to save her while meeting two new Squid Idols.
Except they're not waifu Squid Idols, they're husbando Squid Idols named Mack and Rell and then we have weekly turf wars before getting to the main event focusing about them. Then the ocean cycle continues.
This is the best post in this thread I cannot stress how amazing this is enough

Reactions: PastelOctoling
I rate this 10 out of 8, m8.