• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

My guess would be around the end of March since that would be the peak of my suffering and hard work from college (I'm in the middle of some kind of mental hazing stm).

BEOWULF IS A MAGICAL HIGH SCHOOL GIRL TRAPPED IN THE BODY OF A MAN ... is something i would not expect. So would that be confirmed? lel

Yeah Beowulf is probably trans* whose gender will play an important role in Skullgirls.

Last edited:
Confirmed: Beowulf is trans* whose gender will play an important role in Skullgirls.
And this is how he is going to be able to wish upon the Skull Heart. (or in the very lest confuse the ever loving crap out of it. [or maybe he just does an atomic buster on it])

I added the "Beowulf will wish to be a girl" speculation. In addition, here's a small sketch I did right after thinking that Beo might become a Skullgirl:
69e0ba492189d847ff9bdf69321d6ff4.jpg

Girl Beowulf with a Wolf Skull headdress oh my gosh that's so cool.

I have to see more rule 63'd Beo

Only then can it be called,Skullgirls(and instrument man)

Has Annie been confirmed yet for Beo story

No?

Oh well, back to the corner.

Reactions: Kai
Just think about it, though.

None of the DLC characters has yet to decide to wish upon the Skull Heart.

Just think about it.

Maybe it'll be Beowulf.

Or it could just be Robo-Fortune but y'know.

Apparently I did draw some muscular female Beowulf:
dfdd8081520153287ac30346871c5cba.jpg

d9eacd61a38979f2e31b5fc53d7d91d4.jpg

Back on the topic, if Beowulf would turn into a girl, I'd imagine something like this:

Beo: I wish <insert Beo's wish here>
SH:...
Beo: *sigh* I forgot only girls can wish on the Skull Heart. I wish I'm a girl.
SH: Your wish is granted... as you turn into a Skullgirl.

Reminds me of Jaycee from Tekken!

Apparently I did draw some muscular female Beowulf:
dfdd8081520153287ac30346871c5cba.jpg

d9eacd61a38979f2e31b5fc53d7d91d4.jpg

Back on the topic, if Beowulf would turn into a girl, I'd imagine something like this:

Beo: I wish <insert Beo's wish here>
SH:...
Beo: *sigh* I forgot only girls can wish on the Skull Heart. I wish I'm a girl.
SH: Your wish is granted... as you turn into a Skullgirl.
Groovy.

Now for me to be a spoil sport: Beo simply cannot make a wish unless he is a she to begin with. But you knew that. Sorry.

The mix up. he has Cerebella follow him to the Skull Girl. They both team up on Marie, beat her. and then Beowulf asks Cerebella to wish for him on the Skull Heart. Bella wishes for Beo to be his "true" self, Beo becomes a girl. Then to save Bella from becoming the next Skull Girl Beo wishes on the heart himself (herself?) to be the greatest warrior of all time. turning him (shit her) into the Skull Girl.

BAM MINDS WILL BE BLOWN. AND THEN BEOWULF WILL HAVE A CHAMPION BELT BATTLE WITH CEREBELLA WHERE HE (DAMNT IT SHE) WILL LOSE AND A TEARFUL BELLA WILL DESTROY THE SKULL HEART. RATEINGS WILL BE THRU THE ROOF FOR THE NMO!

Ratings will go up?I'd be pissed if my favorite wrestler became a Skullgirl and got killed by a mafia legbreaker.

Wrestling is more than just the winner and the loser. It's the story behind the fight. Why they are fighting. That's why ratings will go up. And besides Beo's fan will just think he (she) just went back into retirement after losing the match.

Well,that's true,but wouldn't that cause many casualties in the audience of the ring?I mean,Beowulf is a strong,radical willed guy,but eventually the Skullheart would possess him,causing him to become an undead killing machine?

The mix up. he has Cerebella follow him to the Skull Girl. They both team up on Marie, beat her. and then Beowulf asks Cerebella to wish for him on the Skull Heart. Bella wishes for Beo to be his "true" self, Beo becomes a girl. Then to save Bella from becoming the next Skull Girl Beo wishes on the heart himself (herself?) to be the greatest warrior of all time. turning him (shit her) into the Skull Girl.

BAM MINDS WILL BE BLOWN. AND THEN BEOWULF WILL HAVE A CHAMPION BELT BATTLE WITH CEREBELLA WHERE HE (DAMNT IT SHE) WILL LOSE AND A TEARFUL BELLA WILL DESTROY THE SKULL HEART. RATEINGS WILL BE THRU THE ROOF FOR THE NMO!
My mind won't be blown because you already spoiled it for me.

How about Beowulf meets Bigband and Peacock midway causing Andy to fangirl, annoying peacock.
So he and peacock go at it, she loses, and it's revealed that Bigband was his old war buddy, so they team up.
After the defeating the Skullgirl he's tempted to make a wish so he and Bigband fight over it.
After winning we are shown parasoul's ending with his face poorly photoshopped onto umbrella's body.

Teaming up as in fighting alongside in a 2-character team? Pretty sure Lab Zero will avoid having a DLC character playable in another DLC character's story mode, as it would either require the player to have both DLCs or allow someone to in some form play a DLC character they haven't acquired in retail.

Appearing as an opponent, sure (Eliza, nudge nudge), as it already happen with ie. Squigly in Eliza's story or everyone in Fukua's "story", but probably not playable.

How about Beo vs Big Band?I I think that would be more likely.

Beo's wrestling carreers doesn't interfere with Big Band's cases of public criminality that he has up his jazz imo.
But his skullheart hunting does.
Just imagine them bumping into each other just after he beats the skullgirl.
It's a great opportunity to reveal stuff about The War and what those involved had to go through.

I almost want to make a wrestling joke about this. Big Band sounds like a name a silly wrestler would have, and Beowulf is king of the ring...so...I decided to keep my dignity on this one :3

but the fight, in context, has some merits. I personally think it'll be Big Band and maybe Peacock trying to stop Beowulf from going through with what he's doing. He may even fight Squigly for similar reasons

I added speculations of Beowulf's relationship with Big Band on the OP.

If there's any DLC character I want Beowulf to fight against in his Story Mode, it's Eliza (which I already put on OP).

finding an excuse to fight Elize would be tough. I could see them doing it, but I feel forcing in a fight with Eliza, depending on what they do, could derail his story.

I remember people shouting "I hope Beowulf saves everyone from Eliza!" when Eliza's Story Mode just got released. I think that's where we can find a reason Beo would fight her.

Reactions: Fumako and Denizen
That is the simplest and most likely reason for why Beowulf would fight Eliza.
The archetypal hero vs. the archetypal villain, a classic that you can't go wrong with.

I'm loving the creativity of some of the speculation! I have to ask relevant Lab Zero parties, but I hope to be able to drop some hints soon. Fair warning, though, my hints are likely the kind of thing you'll understand only after you play through the story :P

Fair warning, though, my hints are likely the kind of thing you'll understand only after you play through the story [emoji14]

That makes the speculation even more fun!

I don't think Eliza will be there at all, actually

It seems to me that, Fukua excluded because non-canon, each next DLC character's story doesn't include the character just before. Squigly doesn't show up in Band's story <though he does mention her family's massacre>, and Band in turn doesn't have any mention in Eliza's. That said, I DO see Band showing up in Beowulf's story, since there doesn't seem to be anything about the character before last not showing up <though Squigly being there for Eliza's story was actually an important story-necessary thing>.

That said, regardless of if Beowulf was involved in the war, I severely doubt Ben was, since him already being a cop would kinda be cluttered if he was ALSO a soldier or anything. Even if Beowulf's story does say Ben was involved, I think it's to be one of the non-canon bits just thrown in for the purpose of Beowulf's story as part of the "no story is 100% canon because AUs" angle, as Ben doesn't make a single mention of the war in his own story.

I got something else popping out of my head. If we want Beo's story to be full of lore, maybe, just maybe, somehow Beowulf ends up in Aeon and Venus's realm moments after defeating Marie.

inb4 Beo getting shocked looking at their BeoxTalie doujin

Well we know now that the realm is known as The Abyss, but we also know that it's near impossible to access.
Beowulf wouldn't be able to do it on his own, he'd need somebody's help. Probably from either Squigly or Isaac.

Wait, people think Beowulf could take Eliza at all?

Well we know now that the realm is known as The Abyss, but we also know that it's near impossible to access.
Beowulf wouldn't be able to do it on his own, he'd need somebody's help. Probably from either Squigly or Isaac.

Annie time.