• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

inb4 we are all proven wrong by FunkyHellboy

(And Night Phyre.)
Implying that he's not a member of The Wulf Pack. In fact I nominate Kai Kennedy as honorary dad of the group.
All in favor say aye.

On topic, is Beowulf Religious? Parasoul is definitely a bible thumper but we don't really have any other character that is a devout Trinitist. Double doesn't count.

Does Wulfamania count as a religion?

Reactions: Fumako and Denizen
Based on the poem, he probably is.

Anyway it'd be cool if Beowulf has a rough side (with all the wrestling and stuff) that is complimented by his soft side like being intelligent, religious, not what you expect from a guy who wrestles.

Implying that he's not a member of The Wulf Pack. In fact I nominate Kai Kennedy as honorary dad of the group.
All in favor say aye.
That's the joke, Aye.
Also, Lala, Beowulf can sing.
Dream of everything you can see with Beowulf.
or even more better, dream of Beowulf with Rick Astley's voice instead of Kai's.
No, really. Beowulf CAN sing, its just that he has no or so little time to do so because wrestling comes first on his books and agendas.

On topic, is Beowulf Religious? Parasoul is definitely a bible thumper but we don't really have any other character that is a devout Trinitist. Double doesn't count.
Based on the poem, he probably is. Anyway it'd be cool if Beowulf has a rough side (with all the wrestling and stuff) that is complimented by his soft side like being intelligent, religious, not what you expect from a guy who wrestles.
I don't want to divulge anything more about Beowulf as a character, as clear yes/no answers to questions like, "is he religious?" or, "is he intellectual?" might give away more than I want, right now. Remind me about all these kinds of questions after this story mode is out, and I'll answer whatever is still unanswered.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
I don't want to divulge anything more about Beowulf as a character, as clear yes/no answers to questions like, "is he religious?" or, "is he intellectual?" might give away more than I want, right now.
It wasn't really a question directed at you, I was just keeping conversation going here.
I really appreciate the willingness to answer our questions after he's released though.
How associated with Annie IS he?
I remember Alex Ahad already saying that Beo knows Annie as most celebrity's know each other.
They respect each other as fellow entertainers with a young fanbase, but Beo doesn't know Annie's identity.

If someone does figure it out then keep it to yourself, we don't wanna get Night Phyre in NDA trouble.

We can't really tell if we're correct, though, so he's almost absolutely safe as long as he doesn't confirm/deny anything.

Reactions: Denizen
Except you know, Night Phyre is not a fictional character.

But there might be a worst case scenario where Beowulf gets removed from the game all together. I hope that never happens.

If there's gonna be a plot twist in the story I want it to be like this

You got it all wrong! It was really me, Dio!

Well, I was given the green light to play the playlist game with you all, so it's not like we're flying through the danger zone. I do my best to honor my NDA while also sharing fun things that I check with Lab Zero about, first.

Beyond the specifics, though, the thing that really has me excited for you all is the quality of the work. Regardless of whether or not this story is epic or intimate, lore-filled or love-filled, inspirational or heart-crushing, I can tell you that I feel it will be very well-received. This is a matter of personal taste and preference with what I like in my stories, but I think that the climax is the single greatest scene in any Skullgirls story mode (though Eliza had a ton of crazy stuff :P). In some ways, I don't want to build you up too much, but in another, I feel totally justified in hyping you up because Alex, Kent, and Christian knocked this one out of the park.

Like I said, I'll share my extended thoughts after you've all played through it ;)

That's what I've always told people who justify their dislike of Beowulf with his disconnection from the main storyline. Even if Beowulf doesn't have much to tell about the lore, he'll without a doubt have the best story to tell.
That's what really matters

inb4 Beowulf becomes president of...of...I think I just ruined my own joke. Dammit.

Hopefully we'll get a lot of Beowulf stuff this Saturday, knowing that there were only minor Beo upgrades the past two weeks.

Beyond the specifics, though, the thing that really has me excited for you all is the quality of the work. Regardless of whether or not this story is epic or intimate, lore-filled or love-filled, inspirational or heart-crushing, I can tell you that I feel it will be very well-received. This is a matter of personal taste and preference with what I like in my stories, but I think that the climax is the single greatest scene in any Skullgirls story mode (though Eliza had a ton of crazy stuff :P). In some ways, I don't want to build you up too much, but in another, I feel totally justified in hyping you up because Alex, Kent, and Christian knocked this one out of the park.
so the stor mode is done then? Now we just wait for the trailer but that won't happen until the third wulf moon passes

I feel like the only dude here who has absolutely no idea what people are throwing down. All you guys are analyzing this stuff like a literature class. All I'm getting from this is that beo is doing stuff and is something.

Beowulf is actually Annie is a robot suit, and Tom is inside Annie (Who is also a Robot suit, duh).

He knows too much!...about nothing! Get the tar and feathers!

Let's take a nice big step back and think about this

Guys guys guys! Of coure Beowulf is gonna get depressed and go on a nose dive. He'll become an alcoholic due to his life being unfulfilled, but he'll be too scared to go back into the ring cause of what happened. However, with the correct urging he is back on his feet again! Prepare yourself, World! For the leader of the pack has returned, and he will chase all your squirrels up all your trees! Fear THE MIGHTY BEOWULF!

FYI, first half of that was serious, second half was duly NOT in any way.

We all know Beo and his lovely wife Mrs. Victoria will Justice together the feeble evils of this world and then have a quiet night at home watching tv and enjoying some wine beer, lots of beer.

Annie is salty because she has to be carded everywhere and can't get no chair wielding man, but at least she's got cartoon reruns and sword sharpening to fill the night.

.....this is gonna be th best ending ever.

We all know Beo and his lovely wife Mrs. Victoria will Justice together the feeble evils of this world and then have a quiet night at home watching tv and enjoying some wine beer, lots of beer.
who ever said they were married?

Beo is coo(howls)ooooool but
tumblr_nj01ymtkca1rdcrleo9_250.jpg
not one of my favorites (I just wanted a excuse to post that know) it seems to me that beo will probably go insane or something but that's just me

Personally I think his story will be WAY better than Eliza's but I think it won't be as good as Squigly's or Big Band's, which in my opinion are the best two.
For the record I really am very stupid excited for this.

For the record I really am very stupid excited for this.
I dun even care about Beowulf but his story mode had me stupd excited. Night Phyre is a genius.