• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

STEAMY GOODNESS: talk about games on steam

A_BOMBa

Dat field
Reaction score
just talk about games you recently have or are playing on steam.

personally I have been playing some CS:GO, dark souls and skullgirls.

Skullgirls and Mercenary Kings mostly.
The former being a no brainer and the latter because it's insanely fun and it still isn't finished yet. So many more missions and gun parts, and other stuff that'll be in the final version of the game, really looking forward to that.
Other than those 2 the only other main Steam games I have played were Bastion and Mark of the Ninja, both quite excellent games in my opinion.
Really want to get Rogue's Legacy so hopefully that'll be on sale during the next crazy Steam sale.

Awesomenauts is a really great, charming, and unique MOBA on Steam that's definitely captured my heart. It's stylized like a Saturday morning cartoon, and each character has their own theme, and a "Killing Spree" remix that plays (Only for you!) when you start doing really good.

Another really good Steam game, I think, is called "Don't Starve", it's a really stylish, uncompromising, and unforgiving survival game. You're dumped into the middle of nowhere (Third person!) as one of 10 characters, you have to survive between health, hunger, and sanity. You have to be careful though, if you don't have one of two ways to revive yourself, when you die.
Your world gets deleted as well.
And there's no option to turn it off!

I play PAYDAY 2 and Serious Sam a lot.

And Skullgirls when I get it.

Strategy gamer. Company of Heroes 2, Comrades!
Recently I also picked up a used copy of 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' for $10. Strangely enough I got more enjoyment out of that one than from the $40 copy of 'Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel'.
When I'm really bored I go play Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

I have Skullgirls on my 'games to buy' list, but it's waiting in line behind Killing Floor and something or other from Ubisoft's 2014 lineup.

Skullgirls and Counter Strike: Source are the steam games I mostly play. I'm trying to look for a game where you don't need to try and you could just have fun so is Postal 2 a good choice?

Saints row 3 with my brother

screw the logic, we have infinite rocket launchers

Awesomenauts is great. In the same vein, I also recommend AirMech, which is free to play.

It's basically Herzog Zwei. You control your character (actually control, move, aim, shoot, etc., no point and click bullshit), defend/capture bases, build units, etc. It adds the moba style skill upgrading system, and takes a few pages from Starcraft. So it's basically Herzog Zwei + Starcraft + Moba. Really fun.

OH!
ONE THING I FORGOT!
All Awesomenauts Skins (Sans Swiggins skins) are now 50% off too.
It's a good time to nab those skin bundles if you can't go the $7.50 more for the Kickstarter like me.

Only one I really want is the Coco Back To The Future skin.

Coco is my favorite character. I love harassing.

Only one I really want is the Coco Back To The Future skin.

Coco is my favorite character. I love harassing.
Got it.
Tried it.
Loved it.

REally should get the Skin pack 2, you get a lot of great skins with it.
Pimpy G, Back to the Future Coco, Akatsuki Genji, and Shaolin Ayla
Five more I'm forgetting

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I donated enough to get one skin pack. Might have donated more if they had a tier with both skin packs (and just the skin packs)

Or I could just buy the other one later.

I donated enough to get one skin pack. Might have donated more if they had a tier with both skin packs (and just the skin packs)

Or I could just buy the other one later.
There's a $30 and $50 one, but yeah.
I can spare $7.50, but not the full $15.
I'd say it was a good deal, even though I already had Chicken Clunk and Ravishing Raelynn has weird eyes.

Aside from Skullgirls, I been playing Mark of the Ninja and Alan Wake. The latter feels like I'm playing a Stephen King story.

I checked out Rome 2 Total War this week. I know most of you guys probably aren't big strategy gamers, but I still feel it necessary to pass along a warning from just about everyone else who's tried it: Don't. The game is a flat downgrade from it's predecessors, and was forced out the front door in a half-finished state.
I guess it just goes to show one of the many benefits that indie developers have over large companies.

I checked out Rome 2 Total War this week. I know most of you guys probably aren't big strategy gamers, but I still feel it necessary to pass along a warning from just about everyone else who's tried it: Don't. The game is a flat downgrade from it's predecessors, and was forced out the front door in a half-finished state.
I guess it just goes to show one of the many benefits that indie developers have over large companies.
Angry Joe warned us.
Really sorry for your loss, chum.
I'll take that to heart

Skullgirls (obviously...) and Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. But my laptop sucks so the water doesn't show up whenever I play it...

So, there's Divekick, Skullgirls and Garry's mod for me. I wish I knew how to add all those mods to GM.

So, there's Divekick, Skullgirls and Garry's mod for me. I wish I knew how to add all those mods to GM.

All yeah gotta do is is subscribe to them on the steam workshop. They should show up next time you play.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Skullgirls (obviously...) and Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. But my laptop sucks so the water doesn't show up whenever I play it...

I have Sonic and All Stars Racing on Steam too but I stopped playing it due to the rapid cheating that goes on. Even with VAC enabled cheating is still common.

The first one is good right?

Also anyone play Bleed (http://store.steampowered.com/app/239800)? Fantastic game. If you like Contra or Metal Slug you should definitely check it out, though the game has enough innovation to easily set it apart from those games. Just be sure to play on arcade mode for the real experience.

Also

They Bleed Pixels (http://store.steampowered.com/app/211260)> Super Meat Boy

Most amazing action platformer I've played in ages.

Reactions: Jutsei
If platformers are your thing you could try Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams.

It's main gimmick is a world switching mechanic, between a dream world and a nightmare world (according to the creators, which is which is up for debate)

It's also kind of difficult. I've been able to beat the levels, but I've died hundreds of times in the process.

Dark Souls on sale for $7.50
If you haven't played the game yet, or have a friend you'd like to gift it to, now's the time. I would buy it as a gift for friends, but I only have 5.99 right now.

Doubt there will be a better deal on it till Winter sale, if that.

To anyone that missed out on the rouge legacy sale, you missed out on one of the better indie games that came out this year.

To anyone that missed out on the rouge legacy sale, you missed out on one of the better indie games that came out this year.

Really, you're better off getting it from the developers site either. For the same standard price as Steam, you get two copies, one DRM free and a Steam key that you can either keep or give to friends if you don't care about trading cards or achievements.

It's a good deal if you're like me and vaguelly paranoid about Steam Drm.

Really, you're better off getting it from the developers site either. For the same standard price as Steam, you get two copies, one DRM free and a Steam key that you can either keep or give to friends if you don't care about trading cards or achievements.

It's a good deal if you're like me and vaguelly paranoid about Steam Drm.

I did not know that, interesting.

All I about play is TF2 and Skullgirls. I'm too poor to buy any games to buy anything and my notebook is to poor to play anything including Skullgirls and TF2...

All I about play is TF2 and Skullgirls. I'm too poor to buy any games to buy anything and my notebook is to poor to play anything including Skullgirls and TF2...
Not even Winter/Summer sales? You can get pretty respectable games for like 5 bucks or less.

anyone play dota 2? Its been my go to game since the og Dota on the Warcraft 3 days..

Final fantasy 7 just went on sale for $5 if anyone is interested.

Duke Nukem Forever went on sale Saturday, didn't it?

Duke Nukem Forever went on sale Saturday, didn't it?

I think it was on sale for the whole week along with the other 2k games. Bioshock Infinite for about 13.75 was a steal!

I think it was on sale for the whole week along with the other 2k games. Bioshock Infinite for about 13.75 was a steal!
Paid $20 not even four weeks ago for each and every Bioshock.