• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

STEAMY GOODNESS: talk about games on steam

It almost certainly will. It's already received a staggering number of comments and votes in the few days it has been up.

I'm liking the Capcom sale thus far. snagged DMC and devil may cry 3 and 4 bundle yesterday.

And now's the time I grab RE6 and 5, because RE5 is fun, and I wanna play with a person in flipping Australia.

What about games on Steam to avoid? You might have already heard about this, but this one seems worth avoiding:

Currently addicted to Borderlands 2, so awesome!

I am not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I give it a try.
I asked through my friendlist (mostly, someone just didn't come online at the same time with me yet :( ).
Does anyone want to have FF7 ?
Any restrictions on gifting the game with the help of the support ?

A bit more on-topic:
See signature for what I play on steam. :D (I enjoy it)

What about games on Steam to avoid? You might have already heard about this, but this one seems worth avoiding:

Speaking of games to avoid, did anyone happen to get dark matter with its 3-5 hours of gameplay for $15. It has been pulled from steam and if you bought the game off of GOG they are offering refunds as well.

Reactions: Jutsei
Speaking of games to avoid, did anyone happen to get dark matter with its 3-5 hours of gameplay for $15. It has been pulled from steam and if you bought the game off of GOG they are offering refunds as well.
Really? All I did was just add that game to my wishlist. Glad I didn't buy it.

What was wrong with it beyond the length? There seem to be lots of games that aren't more than 3-5 hours, especially depending on the genre. Must have been seriously messed up to get pulled from everywhere.

What was wrong with it beyond the length? There seem to be lots of games that aren't more than 3-5 hours, especially depending on the genre. Must have been seriously messed up to get pulled from everywhere.

Not only was the game short, the ending just comes out of nowhere after you enter a door, its just a black screen with some text.

That sounds bad, but I'm betting what little gameplay there was must have been pretty borked for it to get pulled completely.

Ys I&II Chronicles+ and They Bleed Pixels
Different gameplay, but both very hard, i recommend them.

I think I said this before, but tbp is the best action platformer on Steam (not counting Bleed or Rogue Legacy as action platformers), and one of the best platformers I've ever played.

I've started up Bionic Commando: Rearmed recently, and its been pretty fun so far. I really dig the bright/strong colors that are going into the level design, and the techno/8-bit mash up in some of the music. I've never played the original, so I'm not really picking up on how close it is to it, though it plays well and ends up being a good investment (More so since I snagged it for 2.50$). Was rather bugged about the lack of online co-op, there's no excuse for that.

Also, Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut. Considering dumping the $5 into that, or just waiting till its cheap and play it on the Wii U.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I played both the original and Re-Armed. The levels are heavily redesigned, but they all follow the same general structure and theme, and are about as good if not better than the original. The biggest addition are the boss battles, which were MUCH simpler in the original game.

Anyone have Resident Evil Revelations? I need a running buddy for raid mode.

i do... but barely passed lvl 5 on raids... worst matchmaking i've seen in a long time

Steam holding some sales for "Spooky" games, and I think the "spooky" thing is very broad
Because They Bleed Pixels is on sale, as well as The Walking Dead Season 1.
What the fu-
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is on Steam, and is also affected by the sale. $2.50
Not bad.

Steam holding some sales for "Spooky" games, and I think the "spooky" thing is very broad
What the fu-
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is on Steam, and is also affected by the sale. $2.50
Not bad.
Hmmm....
The game is on GOG.com and it also has a discount price of 2.99USD. What's the benefit of buying it on Steam, when gog.com version also offers a manual, a soundtrack and you can burn the game to USB Flash Drive or other Data Storage device?

BTW, is Ninja Blade worth it? I only played a demo on a former roommate's Xbox 360 ages ago and I think it looks like very hilarious and more over-the-top than the Ninja Gaiden series.

and I think the "spooky" thing is very broad
Zombies and Lovecraftian horror aren't spooky?

Reactions: Jutsei
Bought Deadly premonition.

I always try to support intresting takes on the survival horror genre...

Actually, one of my dreams was that Remedy made a Resident Evil... They have enought talent to make it 100% survival horror again. Just play Alan Wake. The game is as goddamn nice game. Both scary, disturbing and with a engaging plot.

Actually, one of my dreams was that Remedy made a Resident Evil... They have enought talent to make it 100% survival horror again. Just play Alan Wake. The game is as goddamn nice game. Both scary, disturbing and with a engaging plot.
I loved Deadly Premonition on PS3 and I even Platinum'd it. Does the PC version still have no difficulty select and framerate issues?

I played Alan Wake and I didn't find it scary at all. Didn't finish it yet but as far as plot does it feels like a Steven King story. I don't want that for Resident Evil.

I like Alan Wake, but it's no Classic Silent Hill, Siren or any of those 1st person Horror games like Dreadout. (Shoutouts to Two Best Friends Play!) Hell, Deadly Premonition has some creepy and disturbing moments, despite the bizarre comedic scenes. (Take a smoke break until way past midnight and you will know what I mean. Also the scene with George's mother...)

Gave in and finally bought Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Gonna' see if all that hate I recall during its release is really justified.

Gave in and finally bought Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Gonna' see if all that hate I recall during its release is really justified.
I'm planning to buy the HD Collection in the future on PS3 (My laptop isn't good enough for it), but I know some people who said they vastly prefer it to God Of War games, especially the 3rd one.

I played it a little back at release.

It's basically just your average 3d action game. You mash buttons and hit the dodge button to dodge when you see an attack coming. It just doesn't really do anything that other 3d slashers didn't do better. Also it doesn't look or feel like a Castlevania game, and it doesn't have any Michiru Yamane music either, so the aesthetic and gameplay is really just unCastlevania feeling.

I didn't play that far into it, so you might get a different impression though.

It's basically just your average 3d action game. You mash buttons and hit the dodge button to dodge when you see an attack coming. It just doesn't really do anything that other 3d slashers didn't do better. Also it doesn't look or feel like a Castlevania game, and it doesn't have any Michiru Yamane music either, so the aesthetic and gameplay is really just unCastlevania feeling.

I didn't play that far into it, so you might get a different impression though.
But what about SCIV? The NES Castlevanias? They lack Michiru Yamane music. They also are much like Lords of Shadow compared to other Castlevanias.

Though I love me some Bloodlines more than any of the others.

Pretty much the reason I didn't look into it on release, but I'm going to try and enjoy it for its own merits (like Patrick Stewart saying "Bloody Tears"). Though the music does kind of sound like typical "Hollywood Movie" crap.

Alright, everyone.
Gird your Loins.

Steam AUTUMN Sale.
BECAUSE STEAM HAS A SALE EVERY SEASON LOOKS LIKE
Skyrim Legendary Edition for $22, Rogue Legacy for $5, and Divekick for $5