• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

Well, I used to play on PSN, and wasn't that bad.
But PC... Shame on you, Capcom.

I took a break from SFIV shortly after Ultra came out because of some of the in-game issues, and I haven't really been keeping up with the news either. Has there been any indication if/when the big list of problems people found will be addressed?

It'd help if you could give us an idea of what characters you're playing.

I'm still trying to find that player lol any suggestions? I like more speed but I lean more on tactic if you get what I mean lol thanks

I can't choose your character for you, unfortunately. If you have absolutely no idea, UltraChen did a series of 4 videos starting with this one that explains a few things about each of the characters which might help you make up your mind.

In my experience, every attempt to suggest characters for people you've never met to play just end up with them wanting to change characters again soon anyway, and possibly developing a bad habit of thinking switching to character X (for the last time, I promise! This really is the character I want to play!) will solve the problems they're having with their gameplay. If you're completely new to Street Fighter or FGs in general then looking at the shotos might be a good starting point, but if you really like the look of a 'hard' character don't force yourself to do something you enjoy less.

@ClarenceMage recommends Guy to people all the time so he might be able to give you a few tips.

All i know about guy is that he can create advantageous positions very easily even in lagged conditions using his SMH chain

OKAY so the basic gist of Guy is that he LOOKS like he's a gimmicky son of a bitch with all these flips and runstops and all that

But he's not. All of his gimmicks are either unsafe, reactable(offline) or actually not that great. So over-using his gimmciks will be an exercise in frustration.

This is why Guy is a good fundamental character, because his primary gameplan once you realise the weakness of his gimmicks, is footsies, movement, counterpoking, whiff punishment, and frametrap/throw game once you get in. This requires learning how to use, and how to counter lots of basic SF4 mechanics.

I don't really feel like giving a Guy tutorial here, but he's a great character to learn fundamentals with if you focus on them. Most of the time, the solution to a problem given to you in-game is simpler than you think, and Guy is a good character to learn that with.

I've been playing with Sagat lately, and i don't understand why do people say he is garbage in Ultra.
I have no comparison to previous versions, but he seems capable.

he's not bad, but he's just not as good as he used to be. His damage output got nerfed, and the DP FADC on block being -5 change hurt him too. He's a solid upper mid-tier/low top tier character, but gets beat by the other top tiers. Is he viable? Hell yeah. Sagat made it to grand finals in EVO this year

wtf.jpg

Was just about to post that. Kinda dumb.

BUT.

At least we're getting gameplay fixes!

Oh my god, Rainbow Edition!

Oh my god, Chun-Li has divekicks!

Oh my god, Guile is just Remy!

All we need now is Zangief with a Green Hand projectile and Elena with an even more broken hurtbox!

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Oh my god, Rainbow Edition!

Oh my god, Chun-Li has divekicks!

Oh my god, Guile is just Remy!

All we need now is Zangief with a Green Hand projectile and Elena with an even more broken hurtbox!
At least then she'll actually have a hurtbox.

Reactions: Kongk4
>Omega Mode
The missing lines of code from Ultra

These are basically EX characters. *poker face* I like EX characters.

....yeah, yeah, I know the way out. (.__.)

At least then she'll actually have a hurtbox.

There was a change that was suggested in the Eventhub comments, and I can't believe I didn't think of it myself: give Matoko back her SF3 Grab 'n Choke, so she can use it after dash punches again!

I wonder what other moves they will have.

Hakan air slide?

Hugo Air to land grab?

Adon horizontal low jaguar kick?

Makoto aerial karakusa?

There was a change that was suggested in the Eventhub comments, and I can't believe I didn't think of it myself: give Matoko back her SF3 Grab 'n Choke, so she can use it after dash punches again!
So what is the difference between SF3 and SFIV karakusa? On a technical level, I mean.

I'm not sure. I thought it was the hitbox of the karakusa, but it might even be a difference in the knockback from the dash punch. Whatever stopped players from doing Karakusa, HP, Dash Punch, Karakusa (reset), HP, Dash Punch... over and over again should be changed back for Omega Mode.

What if
They are testing ideas before SF5

I'd settle for back fierce still being a thing

I just really really hope that no omega characters are allowed in standard tournaments.

I just really really hope that no omega characters are allowed in standard tournaments.
Of course they aren't going to be allowed in standard tournaments! It's going to be the same as Edition Select: a little bonus mode to fiddle around with for fun, and at most, a silly side tournament at Evo. After all of the work that Capcom went through rebalancing USF4 <snickers>, why would they just dump all of that in favor of broken and unbalanced characters?

It would be like Heroes Vs. Heralds becoming the tournament standard for UMvC3.

can Omega Mode just be the tournament standard

it just overall looks like Street Fighter 4: Finally Interesting Edition
This I totally agree with, it looks a lot more fun than any version of Sf4 to date.

Well... no...
I like simple, basic, lame gameplay of SF4. I wold never get into SF in the times when Alpha or 3s was "the thing".

Reactions: Vadsamoht
They're testing if SF public would like some marvel infusion in their game?

maybe testing the ground for "capcom all stars: no excuse to keep MegaMan X out the roster this time" edition

I think the problem is, all of us wanted to give Guile more than two moves, but logical moves, did you read the jokes moves I said? well Omega Blanka has a teleport attack move, yes a teleport attack.

I think you're underestimating the excuse of "Fuck Inafune"

i believe that after some YEARS, the pain Capcom feel on their anus would've dimnished enough to allow them to use their brains for a change but who knows

Capcom's anus pains are eternal

Mega Man being included in Smash Bros required some minor miracles

seems to me more like Capcom is adding some KOF into SF.

I mean, did you see Ken's "VEHNUM STOORIKE!"

I've started playing with Bison. He's so good. Lame and poke game and cheap specials, I like that.
And Decapre. She's so cool. Like if Cammy, but with Bison flavour. She have tons of gimmicks, but can be played lame like Bison. With Cammy normals? OFC.