• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

Wow she sounds so irrelevant. If they did add her, gotta give her a make over.

Basically, she was the obscure-supplement-only (90s SF2 manga, I think) plot device who was the original source of Ryu's red headband before Alpha came along. Apparently, she had a crush on him. Here's a page:

1cb7be679cd4b15274678e3017b71943.jpg
YO! I picked that chick a lot in Capcom vs SNK. Her slap grab was glorious.
Yuricvs.gif

:3

Personally, I think it's gonna be Gouken's daughter.

Because another shoto seems to be the only possible thing Capcom would go for, even after what happened with AE.
That sounds like capcom to me.

Oh dear god.
Looks like a rejected Hokuto No Ken supporting character.
YO! I picked that chick a lot in Capcom vs SNK. Her slap grab was glorious.
Yuricvs.gif

:3
YUUUURRRRRRIIIIAAAAAA!

Random crossover characters were already ruled out.

guys, what if the information about the 5th character being female... was to throw us off?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Nilin from Remember Me. I mean she did have Street Fighter moves as DLC.

You mean Skullo Lady? That'd require Arika to sign off on it, which I don't see happening.

nah man
original character
do not steal
completely different from Skullo Lady
SKULLOWOMANIA

or maybe Yoko Harmageddon if they want to be cool, but she's retired by the time of SF4 (not that it stopped other characters)

I wish it was Sean Matsuda from SFIII, but odds are strikingly low.

I'd say it's Karin or Chun-Li's Dad.

How about:
Dan's sister from his endings the VS. games.

Reactions: Lavama
how about ken's pregnant wife

finally we can punch a pregnant woman in a fighting game

I really really REALLLLLYYY dont want to play a game where I punch a pregnant woman...just seems like 20 kinds of wrong....

Reactions: Jutsei
How about:
Dan's sister from his endings the VS. games.
Good God.

6KholzI.png

I honestly hope the 5th character is one of Bison's Dolls. To be specific I hope it's Decapre (the one with the mask and claw like Vega). Something about a Cammy clone with Vega assets sounds like it would cause an incredibly hilarious meltdown.

I honestly hope the 5th character is one of Bison's Dolls. To be specific I hope it's Decapre (the one with the mask and claw like Vega). Something about a Cammy clone with Vega assets sounds like it would cause an incredibly hilarious meltdown.
DECAPRE WOULD BE THE SHIT! she's so cool but everyone doesnt want a doll! but decapre would be so hype!
Decapre.jpg

Last edited:
seriously? no one else would be excited if Decapre was picked?

i sure do love mashing two characters together and calling it a day
Decapre has been around since the Alpha days though, but has never been playable. plus, she has a two-face face. scarred clones are awesome. clone stories can usually be awesome. its the only doll people would be happy with. she has been around for a long time.

she is cammy with a vega mask and claw that would be the epitome of lazy if evil ryu weren't already in

Reactions: DDB and Lavama
she is cammy with a vega mask and claw that would be the epitome of lazy if evil ryu weren't already in
well if we all boiled everything down to the most basic elements of anything everything would be boring. I still say it would be pretty cool.

not really

you could tell me that there's a game about giant robots fighting dinosaurs and that would be pretty interesting

a mishmash clone in a fighting game isn't

whose to say decapre would even be a mishmash?

I will say, if I had to choose between another shoto, or decapre. I would pick decapre in a heartbeat. plus, out of ALL of the other dolls, decapre is honestly the only one.

I honestly wouldn't like Noembelu, and every other doll isnt all that great to begin with

i would someone
you know
interesting

like Yoko Harmageddon

yoko isnt a bad choice.

but I am going with what if the rumors are true, and it is a doll. I still say decapre wouldnt be a bad choice IF the doll rumors were true.

In SFIV series

Current playable Dolls: Cammy (Former)

Current playable Shoto: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Evil Ryu, Oni, Sakura, Dan, and possibly more.

I'll take the doll with some Cammy/Vega elements over yet another shoto with minor gameplay direction difference compared to her predeccesors.

Saying Sakura is only minorly different from Ryu is....wrong. Ryu is the quintessential shoto and I can point out differences in gameplay that change how the character is played entirely. Ken never even uses his fireball and has the second best kara throw in the game, akuma has air fireballs and is HEAVILY vortex based, gouken has top tier fireballs, a counter, and his tatsu isn't even close to the same thing as any of the others (also no DP). Evil ryu is a damage powerhouse that only wants a few touches (admittedly he's the one I know least about). Oni is Oni. Sakura has her godlike tatsu, j.hp, cr.mkxxshoryu (which ALSO isn't a real shoto DP), and almost never uses her fireball (it's used almost exclusively as a charged meaty), Dan uses dankick which isn't even close to a tatsu (and never uses his shitty fireball). Need I say more? None of these characters come even CLOSE to being shotoclones of ryu. The most shoto looking characters are Ryu, Evil Ryu, Ken, and Akuma, who all play significantly different from each other and actually have similar move sets, unlike the others.

Last edited:
Pft. Dan uses Saiykyo Duke.

And so will his sister! Or maybe not. But possibly so!

Everything would be so less complicated if they just allowed Rival Schools to be canon with the Street Fighter/Final Fight world :(

I really would have loved to see Ran Hibiki come back:

ran-hibiki-loadingscreen.jpg

Reactions: Vladislav_Paizis
Still shotos
I was more responding to the claim that there were only minor differences in game play direction. Though I honestly wouldn't call Gouken a shoto, he doesn't have a dp, a real tatsu, or a traditional fireball.

Gouken trades hurricane kick for the dragon punch: as bad as it is, tatsumaki gorasen is an upward attack that almost serves as an answer to air approach, and the senjougahara is and aggressive foward advance.

It is a more "advanced" charactr due to its counters and special fireball mechanics, however.

but when you put ryu, evil ryu, ken, dan, akuma, oni and sakura side by side and show their moves to someone that doesn't know street fighter, they'll all go more or less like this:

"ryu, evil ryu, red ryu, pink ryu with steven segal head, another evil ryu, eviler evil ryu and ryu-girl".

this similarity between themselves and their moves, even if purely aesthetical, hurts the game creativiry a bit...

I think it's better to think of shotos as variations on a theme - somewhat nuanced adjustments to the same basic template that provide interesting variety for people with an in-depth understanding of the game/genre.

Problem is, only a small proportion of people do have that level of understanding and so most only see the theme, not the variation and so you get all of those new players who play Ryu for 5 minutes and then take to SRK saying 'I don't want to play a shoto because they are all boring'. And while I'm sure there are still interesting things that can be done with the archetype, it would be dissapointing to see another shoto simply because there's a ton of really cool stuff that can be done if they decide to focus on a different fighting style altogether.

Would Sagat be considered a shoto because he has a fireball, a dragon punch, and his tiger knee could be a variation of a tatsumaki if the animation was different.

I think if we are going to include Gouken, we can include Sagat. Since Gouken also has some original attacks the other shoto's don't have (like the counter), Sagat has that one attack that's different which is his knee. I don't think low and high fireballs count unless you consider Remy to not be in the same category as Guile and Charlie.
no. Sagat I think falls under Muay Thai since that is his style. and his tiger knee doesnt have as much properties as the tatsus.

and remy IS guile and charlie. dont you remember the third strike bar?