• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Quick quote from the playstation blog:

While the Spring 2016 release date is still a ways away, stay tuned as we’ll be making more Street Fighter V announcements very soon. Maybe as soon as… next week? J Be sure to tune into Twitch next weekend (July 17th~19th) as we hit the road for the biggest fighting game tournament in the world, EVO 2015!

I was already excited and now know I'll need an extra pair of pants. Two if Necro is announed. Three if R.Mika or Rose is involved.

Someone posted another screenshot of the teased character:

YhDpo7M.png

Definitely new....unless Abel became a highlander...

Well, at least it looks like the next character will be new. I hope it's a crazy tribal dude like Tam Tam from Samurai Shodown.

EDIT: I thought you were implying that the teased character WAS Alex. Oops.
I initially thought about that, but he looks too old to be Alex.

Why the hell does Ken look like a younger Rugal Bernstein?

But yay Ken is in I guess...I would be excited if it was Alex.

Saying that right before EVO Ono is gonna tease Alex and Urien super hard and at EVO he announces Yun and Yang.

I really like the little details in SFV especially in Ryu and Ken's design. Ryu being a well known hobo who travels the world looking for fighters his outfit looks dirty and his gloves look like they've seen some shit. Ken on the other hand(being very wealthy) looks like he bought his outfit yesterday. Just something I noticed.
11_sf5london16.jpg

09_kensdcc08.jpg

Now i want to see Reuben dubbing this ken, it really seems that will fit way better.

Now, for the looks, or ken looks really young, or looks like an old dude in denial. xD

Oh wait, I know who new Ken reminds me of!
Jetstream-Sam.png
let's dance!

Now seriously.

Ken got what, his air tatsu is a divekick.
He got a run instead of a dash.
He spits supa hot fire.
He got a change in design.

That only means one thing.
He is cheating his wife in a middle age cryisis
I'm kidding, but when capcom said that they were avoiding doing clones, they were serious, this is probably the most non-ryu ken that ever existed.

But for now, based on the designs, i'm waiting for some heavy retcon in the timeline, all the characters except bison looks like they are around 35 ~40 years old, and if they would be around 50 now. And there is no way this being before sf3, unless they decide do scrap the sf3 from the canon, which will make me mad!

Ken should fire his hairstylist
I dont man.

If you dont count SF3 he had the bobcut hair style for over 20 something years now.

I like Rugal haircut.

But then again I generally like it when SF characters look more like KOF characters.

The only thing that for me ken is missing, actually, he needs to get rid, is his hadouken...

I mean, i know shotos are supposed to have fireballs, but think for a second, he already have this super rushdown moveset, including a run. So why not get rid of the hadouken.

"But Sotherius, he is a shoto character, he needs a hadouken", Well, Gouken is a shoto master, and he doesn't have a shoryuken besides his super and ultra (so, he is to powerful with the shoryuken that he doesn't have normal ones anymore).
Think that Ken, when he reached his apex, wouldn't have his fireball anymore, because it was useless to the style that he developed.

But i mean, he is cool the way he is, he is unique and a shoto at the same time, and that means that if Akuma appears, he will be way different too, Sakura, well, she is already different, just give her a divekick and she is set. =P

I mean, if we consider that Akuma pursue the purest form of ansatsuken, his moveset would be the original. Gouken, searched for another ways to evolve his fighting style and as a master encourajed both Ryu and Ken to do the same, and i think would be cool, the older ryu and ken gets, the more different from the classic shoto we have their fighting styles reach.

lets remove a characters zoning tool because he can run, is what im getting at

I dont think run has any invincibility or armor so I would think fireball are still a good option for him to keep

I don't know this for a fact, but I'd imagine his step kick goes through/around projectiles since every V-Skill I know of (all but Chun's because I don't recall) is a response to projectiles in some way.

Birdie has a V-Skill variation that is a low hitting projectile with knockdown that goes under projectiles, it counts.

I want you to think about what you just said as far as Ryu goes. "Jump" is pretty nondescript though, so I'll bother to go actually look that up.

And to go ahead with it, Spin Knuckles goes through projectiles, I talked about Birdie's can, Parry, grabbing projectiles out of the air for meter, grabbing projectiles and attacks out of the air for meter/your own projectile, leaving potentially Chun and Ken because I don't actually know about them other than Ken's is quick step but the properties of which I am unaware of.

EDIT: So Chun's is literally just a jump for what seems to be offensive mobility. One could argue that it obviously can be used for avoiding projectiles but stating that that was its purpose would be a large stretch. Then again, it's an effect, so I also wouldn't say it disproves the point. Ken's might though.

Last edited:
Back