• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Plausible, but to me he's more of an underling than a boss. Besides, Balrog's spot of Shadaloo goon is already occupied by Birdie. It's redundant, like adding Guile after Nash is already there.

All the tornados make me think the new character could be a whirling dervish from Turkey. Arms crossed, long flowing robe, tall narrow cylinder hat, constantly spinning, uses mostly kicks.

Rufus
You would rather have the Jar Jar Binks of Street Fighter over Sagat?! Everybody else on your list and AdenPhoenix's list are cool, but if I never see Rufus again it will be too soon. Him and El Fuerte are just annoying in both character and playstyle.

I know I'm biased to Sagat because he is/was one of my mains, but Rufus is objectively terrible. Scientific fact.

Plausible, but to me he's more of an underling than a boss. Besides, Balrog's spot of Shadaloo goon is already occupied by Birdie. It's redundant, like adding Guile after Nash is already there.
He's one of the 4 kings, and Vega is in, it seems likely that he would be in and certainly not redundant. Well, not redundant for the reasons you mentioned anyway, though I'd argue SFII characters are redundant in general.

All the tornados make me think the new character could be a whirling dervish from Turkey. Arms crossed, long flowing robe, tall narrow cylinder hat, constantly spinning, uses mostly kicks.
They said the Dubai reveal is not a new character. Well, allegedly.

I mean, I honestly thought Birdie was gonna be a replacement for balrog this game. Birdie seems to be just as much of an ass with more overall personality. Honestly Balrog's ending made me thing he was going to be improving overall as a character from SFIV onwards. Though he is still a villain in 3...wait, he's in SF 3 as well right? I honestly never paid to much attention to Balrog XD

You would rather have the Jar Jar Binks of Street Fighter over Sagat?! Everybody else on your list and AdenPhoenix's list are cool, but if I never see Rufus again it will be too soon. Him and El Fuerte are just annoying in both character and playstyle.

I know I'm biased to Sagat because he is/was one of my mains, but Rufus is objectively terrible. Scientific fact.
Someone's just mad he doesn't have a cool body like Rufus.

What i think is, even if certain character, is lacking development, or has no personality, SFV is the chance for this to change.

All characters until now with the exception of Mika ( and Necalli since we don't know anything about him), have huge ties to the ending of SF Alpha, and all of them are related story wise.

But then, mika is there, which can mean that she is going to be used in the plot somehow.

Take Sagat, let's say he is in the game, in SFIV he wasn't a villain anymore, imagine him, in the game this time against shadaloo.

Balrog, i don't know about balrog, but didn't he saved a kid in SFIV? that might be relevant.

If capcom wants Street fighter to succeed in modern times, they don't need only good gameplay/roster, they need a very good story mode, they need extra content, and all that stuff.

@North888 No one is in SFIII sans Ryu, Ken, Chun and Akuma.

If capcom wants Street fighter to succeed in modern times, they don't need only good gameplay/roster, they need a very good story mode, they need extra content, and all that stuff.
Regardless of what some people, including myself, think of SFIV in terms of quality, it was definitely a success without that.

when's hado shoryuken

edit: Scratch that. WHEN'S FUCKING AKUMA WITH A GODDAMN DARK HADO SHORYUKEN

Last edited:
Who's 4pm? Cause you weird americans keep doing stuff when us proper people in East-Europe are already sleeping. Rude.

EDIT: So apparently no time-zone was given. Nice organization skills there Dubai. :D
4PM Dubai time
so in about 35min

yay, another character that seems to attack by throwing themselves across the screen :/

53GqIo2.png

is he wearing a scouter? Oh man i knew this game was going to be anime, but this. This is it. Street Fighter is 100% anime, there is no turning back now

you know it.

Cammy has the real booty here, it's pretty much perfect in size and shape.

Now Mika's booty is like the kind you see on deviant art where she's just smother people to death. Aka too much booty in that trunk, booty overload

So, frieza of the booty it is.

I'm just pressing F5 on the street fighter youtube channel like crazy hoping for the trailer...

Rashid looks fantastic! Very Crimson Viper with that high-tech power-suit and scouter look. Perhaps S.I.N. related?

Rashid, so Bogard leak seems to definitely be completely confirmed
Didn't remember the full list so I looked it up the original post:
- There'll be 4 new characters and he knows 3 of them.
4 new characters: Rashid (Africa), Zen (India), Laura (Brazil) and one more
Did they ever say where Necalli was from? I thought he was Brazil or somewhere in South America. So for the list to work, there was a name change or origin swap somewhere to make Necalli fit?

So, october we will get Laura.

She may steal my heart from chun li and mika, just leaving this here before everyone else.

OH WOW HIS V-TRIGGER IS A HUGE ASS WHIRLWIND? Oh man... crossups are going to be real with this guy.

He kicks projectiles?
Projectiles that are twisters?

Cody and Juri's lovechild doesn't at all look like I imagined him to 0:

It's always nice to see new nationalities in Street Fighter again. I like this guy so far, I hope he's a chill dude!

Aw...I just realized with con season over in Canada, I wont get another chance to play SF5 for a loooooooooong time... :(

Back