• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Here's some off-screen footage of the reveal trailer. Doesn't seem to have hit the official channels yet.

It seems that he is like C. Viper, in the sense that he uses technology to fight.

I like his style. =P

well he looks extremely annoying to fight against

Rashid reminds me of the guy from Tekken 7.
tekken7-shaheen.jpg

Reactions: juju_for_president
Am I seeing motion blurs in the trailer or just a bokeh effect on the background? Not sure if it's trailer-specific or if it's part of the game now.

1-Urien wall unblockable like,check.
2-vegetta cosplayer,check.
3-"everywhere" rushdown character,check.
4-im proud of you guys that doesnt make allahu akbar jokes here. (tsc,tsc).

So the random guy on twitter that said 'it's gonna be returning Ono told me' was wrong or was he referring to a different event?

Anyway glad they are starting to reveal more of the new characters

'Classic' [eight]

Ryu
Chun Li
Dictator
Cammy
Ken
Claw
???
???

'New' [four]
Necalli
Rashid
???
???

'Have not seen in awhile' [four]
Nash
Birdie
R. Mika
???

Seeing a lot of backlash for this new character, but it's more for political reasons. Gameplay wise he reminds me of a mix of Claw, Joe Higashi [KoF], and your typical rushdown character. Looks like he has tornado dp, tornado projectile with a decent duration period/multi hits, AA tornado projectile, Claw type mobility, tornado rushdown, and various dive/lunge kicks.

There is a confirmed character reveal for TGS or was that assumption?

So the random guy on twitter that said 'it's gonna be returning Ono told me' was wrong or was he referring to a different event?

Anyway glad they are starting to reveal more of the new characters

'Classic' [eight]

Ryu
Chun Li
Dictator
Cammy
Ken
Claw
???
???

'New' [four]
Necalli
Rashid
???
???

'Have not seen in awhile' [four]
Nash
Birdie
R. Mika
???

Seeing a lot of backlash for this new character, but it's more for political reasons. Gameplay wise he reminds me of a mix of Claw, Joe Higashi [KoF], and your typical rushdown character. Looks like he has tornado dp, tornado projectile with a decent duration period/multi hits, AA tornado projectile, Claw type mobility, tornado rushdown, and various dive/lunge kicks.

There is a confirmed character reveal for TGS or was that assumption?
Since Rashid is now a thing, we can confirm that the newcomers are: Rashid, Necalli, Laura and Zen...

The 4th not seen in awhile, probably is Karin.

Now, the 2 classics, i can't give a bet.

I'm loving the representation Arabia is getting in Fighting Games lately, it's fanfuckingtastic.
He looks fun, will probably play.

I'm pretty sure the only backlash there is to get from him is Americans getting offended that this trailer was released on 9/11.
And even then that's kind of presumptuous and stupid.
It was a con in Dubai and just had bad timing

COoktpYUEAAAxew.png

Real talk Rashid is kind of a good looking motherfucker.

Vega now has competition for the ladies heart.

Literally no reason for anyone to complain about the release day of this schedule and I realllllllyyyyy do not want to talk about it. Especially on these forums, it's a political related topic and I would prefer if we didn't have that discussion here, check the rules if you need clarification as to why

On a relevent note, the character looks interesting, like every character so far he is a welcome addition to the roster in my eyes.

I'm loving the representation Arabia is getting in Fighting Games lately, it's fanfuckingtastic.

I'm pretty sure the only backlash there is to get from him is Americans getting offended that this trailer was released on 9/11.

Agreed, and it seems to be pretty tasteful. If people are legitimately angry that the trailer launched on 9/11, then they are crazy-pants who are still blaming all Muslims for 9/11. Fuck 'em.

Anyway, with his inclusion, I'm actually super hype for the cast right now. It's got a good mix of interesting characters.

Hell, right now I won't even be sad if they don't bring Blanka back... or angry if they do bring Urien back.

Ya know, one o the reasons I think the hair looks like it does is that it seems to be actual chunks. Like, watching Mika, her pigtails seem to bend and wrap around her arms. I'm guessing the hair is as it is because they want it to have physics and not just go through the model. Which is odd since Cammy's seems to do just that and Birdie's chain happily goes through the skull on is necklace so....getting there Capcom...

There are people actually complaining about the date? I thought they were joking, probably because I thought it was funny when people mentioned it.

Then again when the tsunamis in 2011 hit people took to the internet to say Japan deserved it because Pearl Harbor.

Did they ever say where Necalli was from
Aztec.

wait a minute... Rashid's win pose kinda looks like...

maxresdefault.jpg

hmmmm... could he be pulling a C.Viper and working as a double agent?

Haha, maybe. Although, I've seen plenty of characters make that "archer" pose
Since Rashid is now a thing, we can confirm that the newcomers are: Rashid, Necalli, Laura and Zen...
Confirm may be too strong of a word, but it lends more credit to it being likely.

Aztec.
Ah, okay, so Necalli is from Mexico.

The four newbies as per the leak:
Rashid (Africa), Zen (India), Laura (Brazil) and then Necalli (Mexico)

Hopefully more news about Rashid will narrow down his origin closer than a continent.

But where the hell is Eisbahn, damnit? Could get all Captain Planet elemental.
Rashid: Wind!
Eisbahn: Water! (ice)
Necalli: Earth-th-th!

Reactions: Covenant
I'm quite curious if we'll continue to get new chars by the League of Legends thing they're going with.
I'd be fine with that.
I mean they did good with Necalli and Rashid so far.

There are people actually complaining about the date? I thought they were joking, probably because I thought it was funny when people mentioned it.

If it can be thought of, someone's gonna complain about it. I think it'd be best to ignore the haters.

Still think it's a kinda weird date to reveal a seemingly Middle Eastern character on, though.

If it can be thought of, someone's gonna complain about it. I think it'd be best to ignore the haters.

Still think it's a kinda weird date to reveal a seemingly Middle Eastern character on, though.
They did this reveal because it was a Dubai con...

They did this reveal because it was a Dubai con...

Exactly. I was born and raised in the Bronx. I was living in nyc when it happened.

So let me officially say anybody getting mad about the date needs to get over themselves.

They revealed a middle eastern character on the first day of a middle eastern game convention, I'd be surprised if anyone thought of the date.

If he went to New York City and revealed Rashid today, then maybe this would be weird.

Hopefully after Canada >:I
You have a Darkstalker at least.

I'm really surprised we haven't seen a legit zoning character yet, everybody seems to have solid offense/pressure and tools around fireballs. Even though the characters thus far seem pretty unique, I can't help but feel like a lot of the characters will play similar or have a similar gameplan.

Regardless, still a few more characters to reveal and they could be vastly different from the rest so we'll see, plus with DLC the Roster could double in size over the next year or two.

While Rashid is clearly not a zoner he has interesting zoning tools at least.

We're still short on a rekka character as well, right?

I feel like Ryu is going to be the most this game is going to get when it comes to zoning. Everyone will have a way around a fireball either thru their v-skill or some other means of a special move. So the return of SF3's campaign against fireballs is here.

I'm really surprised we haven't seen a legit zoning character yet, everybody seems to have solid offense/pressure and tools around fireballs. Even though the characters thus far seem pretty unique, I can't help but feel like a lot of the characters will play similar or have a similar gameplan.

Regardless, still a few more characters to reveal and they could be vastly different from the rest so we'll see, plus with DLC the Roster could double in size over the next year or two.

I've been wondering about this as well. I know zoners are probably the single most complained about archetype, so maybe they aren't adding a true zoner for that reason?

They also seem to either always be top tier or irrelevant, so maybe they are just a hassle to balance?

Maybe the zoning is being reserved for Sagat, if he is in the game.

Guile can be in the game, and he can have his moveset changed to a complete zoner, having small charge times, and some of remy toolset.

Or maybe one of the new characters.

We don't know how effective the fireball game that ryu has right now will be in the final product, ryu with v-trigger has the potential to keep someone at full screen.

But, if they decide by no zoners, is not something impossible, but while i don't use zoners, i think every type of character should be present and effective.

Reactions: dMags

I definelty agree with you
Seeing any character that's from an unrepresented area can be very exciting
So far he looks like a very fun character

So the return of SF3's campaign against fireballs is here
More like Alpha's. Which you know, would make sense.

Zounds, we got win quotes already:

Win vs Bison: "I win, now return my friend, thats all I ask"

Interesting. Maybe Bison kidnapped someone close to him to get at his tech? Someone suggested that he may be an inventor rather than a spy.

edit: Someone found his likes from the VS screen:
"new things, movies and friends"

Him an Elena would get along rather nicely hah. I think it's safe to say he's not a villain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel