• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

His hair is wrong but he looks pretty great otherwise

you like fat birdie? man... he don't even have his sharp Mohawk

6.2/10

only thing that saved him was his ex-headchop and is V-Trigger belly fire.

you like fat birdie? man... he don't even have his sharp Mohawk

6.2/10

only thing that saved him was his ex-headchop and is V-Trigger belly fire.
I guess the reason I like his redesign is because it actually looked like he aged(which is rare in the SF universe).

but he aged in a bad way... like Birdie was the meanest mother on the streets. He was lean, hulking, and tall that he had to slouch down to just look at you eye to eye. And now he's fat? that doesn't make sense... he was in charge of a major gang, part of Shadowloo, he had an image and an ego to up keep. sigh.... it just doesn't sit right with me. :I

Reactions: Dime
I mean he's been out of the game for like 15 years
and isn't even a Frankenstein monster like Charlie is

Stuff like that will make a guy fat and pathetic
but he look like he's coming back and he's still got it

the cammyltoe looks even more fierce in this game
after a while she'll just be wearing one of those sling bikinis

15_cammybirdie03.jpg

Good good. Her trademark ass poses are still here. Also still in Delta Red so sorry for those hoping she would regress back to doll.

Edit: Here is trailer
Birdie looks like he ate Rufus.
Well concerning her backside, I'm just glad they fixed it. In 4 it looked wrong (I'll be nice and not list the reasons why) and I actually preferred her "more covering" costumes. It's on point in this one. 10/10 would cannon spike.

Well the trailer and characters look cool. I might be the only one who likes Birdie's redesign.
You're wrong, I love it! (I can finally cosplay as him, I just need to bulk up my arms and get high enough shoes to pass for 7 feet).

I'm liking the redesigns! Even though Cammy's outfit is mostly the same, I like the little touches on it; texture on the fabric, red leather gloves + the metallic gauntlets, and the holsters make her mission ready. It kind of reminds me of her Cannon spike look.

Birdie's got a drastic re-design and I like it. He's let himself go abit, but hey, he looks like he'll be interesting. The new fired up animation looks pretty cool. I hope we see more from Capcom this week with some big surprises.

Was underwhelmed when it was first revealed but now it looks way better, Cammy looks amazing, I'm totally on board now. Also cammy probably won't have her doll costume as a main outfit because she no longer works for bison, maybe an alt later.

Cammy is in and has my money.

Cammy's face looks a little

weird.

Too realistic methinks.

Cammytoe's suit so tight it shows her full belly button. wut?

I kept thinking its birdie from MVC2. Its one of Sabertooth's special.

Reactions: The Dave
I love Cammy's face. and her ass
Birdie looks like he's retired or something. I need to see how his story went down.

Reactions: Covenant
you can actually little nipple bumps on Cammy if you look closely enough
i didn't think they could make her leotard tighter but life finds a way

No
you fucked up and did it wrong
the joke is ruined forever now

you can actually little nipple bumps on Cammy if you look closely enough
i didn't think they could make her leotard tighter but life finds a way

Street Fighter V is getting a bit too realistic...
But they gotta fix up Ryu's muscles. They look...chunky.

"There's a mechanic called crush counter, hitting opponent with a certain normal as a counterhit causes huge hit stun."

So now there's Blazblue fatal counters?

"There's a mechanic called crush counter, hitting opponent with a certain normal as a counterhit causes huge hit stun."

yeeeeeeeeeehhhup`

So Street Fighter is taking a lot of reference from blazblue? Well, now i wish i had played some blazblue in my life. xD

n-no, Street Fight is just taking a few elements that are in BlazeBlue, like the crush counters making a heavy attack counter a move give the player more time to do a combo.

I don't think you need to play Blaze Blue just to understand how Street Fighter 5 is going to play. But still you should try BlazeBlue to expand your fighting game palette.

n-no, Street Fight is just taking a few elements that are in BlazeBlue, like the crush counters making a heavy attack counter a move give the player more time to do a combo.

I don't think you need to play Blaze Blue just to understand how Street Fighter 5 is going to play. But still you should try BlazeBlue to expand your fighting game palette.
Yeah, i'm thinking more about that, i mean, i have no experience with those fighters in general (guilty gear, blazblue, etc), the little i played guilty gear X, i think, i loved it. But since i don't own any sony console, becomes hard, but once i get a good job that pays me enough, i'll check.

Now the thing that got me happy about SFV, easy links, call me a scrub everyone who wants to, but i want an accessible combo system, so i can expand a good time learning combos without being frustrated, and learning matchups.

well right now on steam there is BlazeBlue: Calamity Trigger and Guilty Gear X2 Reload. They should give you an idea on how both games feel, and since it's Steam Summer Sale you should be able to find them on the cheep. The only problem is that they don't really have online multiplayer. :S

also are you kidding me? the easy links is good thing, it opens the game up to newer players and makes combos far more open. The thing that i noticed when i played SF4 was everything was slow, very poke heavy, and if you do get a hit in you had to use combo that had hard links that sometimes were 1f. This for me resulted in me dropping a ton of combos when it really mattered and being forced to back off a bit and go back to poking at the opponent waiting for a mistake to happen. To me SF4 got dull fast and I dropped it before Super came out.

well right now on steam there is BlazeBlue: Calamity Trigger and Guilty Gear X2 Reload. They should give you an idea on how both games feel, and since it's Steam Summer Sale you should be able to find them on the cheep. The only problem is that they don't really have online multiplayer. :S

also are you kidding me? the easy links is good thing, it opens the game up to newer players and makes combos far more open. The thing that i noticed when i played SF4 was everything was slow, very poke heavy, and if you do get a hit in you had to use combo that had hard links that sometimes were 1f. This for me resulted in me dropping a ton of combos when it really mattered and being forced to back off a bit and go back to poking at the opponent waiting for a mistake to happen. To me SF4 got dull fast and I dropped it before Super came out.

Dude, you have to see some Street Fighter discussions, is funny, i remember when Ricky Ortiz said something about wanting the 1f links gone, and a lot of people were like: no, 1f links is what separates the scrubs from the good players, execution is everything, if you don't want 1f links, don't play street fighter, and things like that, and it seems that is a very common opinion

So Street Fighter is taking a lot of reference from blazblue? Well, now i wish i had played some blazblue in my life. xD

Actually, this isn't really a new thing for Street Fighter.

Counter hits also gave more stun in 3rd Strike.

I- sigh, look I don't mind that there are 1 frame links in fighters but there is a point where if you want to do any decent damaging combo with a certain character and you have to do 2-3 1 frame links in said combo that's where I draw the line and say maybe having a 2 frame or heck a 3 frame link instead of 3 1 frame links is a tad better. It would still require execution but more players could pull it off, especially in an online environment.

Reactions: Covenant