• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

we all know everybody is gonna main Cammy.
because it's fucking Cammy.
Cammy and Chun are the only revealed characters I can say I have no interest in. Actually, even counting the leaked characters that's true.

But
that's not
that's not a Street Fighter character.

that's not a Street Fighter character.
Nor are Cody and Hugo, I'd still like them in eventually. If Mika and Alex are in fact in then combined with Birdie I think Hugo at least can wait though.

In that case,
that's not a Capcom character.
So they don't really have the rights.

Capcom does not own the rights to Karin.

Which is why she won't be in the game, obviously.

I don't know which part of that leak is more ridiculous, Mika or Karin.

I need Alex and Urien though, Karin is fun and if Mika gets the Birdie treatment (gameplay wise) (actually a design update would help too) she'd probably be great. So, kind of hoping.

what if Mel got captured by the big bads of the game and now Ken has to channel all of the family man energy from his in-law in order to save him?

I still want to have Guile's daughter eventually be a character in Street Fighter.
she wants to be like her dad and fight bad guys.
and she should be able to throw a Sonic Hurricane.

If they bring him back, they should make ol' Joe insanely obsessed with Cody stealing his life oooooooooor go with the fannon some people have and say that was a false name Cody fought under. It actually could work since he's quite the blank slate.

"They seriously never made "No throwing fire" a rule? Seriously?"
"You're gonna what? Destroy my soul? Why, can't we just have a nice simple fight?"
"Woah woah woah, careful there. You nearly broke my leg what's wrong with you?"

Command run (can cancel normals into this)
Divekick (ex air tatsu and v-trigger ex air tatsu)
Crazy kicks (during v-trigger)
A few new normals
Better juggling during v-trigger
more multi-hit moves (increased in v-trigger)

They changed him a lot, but people haven't changed yet and they're still playing him like the old version; a slightly more offensive Ryu. I believe that when people play him "right" he'll be the rush down "shoto"
Most of that has to do with the fact that everyone now has a v-skill and v-trigger that makes them different from past games. That's kind of like saying Ryu in SF4 is totally different from SF2 Ryu because he has a focus attack. Everything else about him is about the same.

EX air tatsu also isn't a divekick like people are thinking it is. If you watch some matches where people use it, it's still pretty much air tatsu but with his leg angled downward while spinning. It's kind of a stretch to call it a divekick imo.

i mean, the thing that make divekicks specials are the fact that they are much harder to anti-air right? Ken's ex-tatsu in the air will work like a divekick, at least in the sense that will give him all the benefits of a proper divekick. Of course, v-skill and v-trigger makes things different for every character, but if you compare, this ken is way different, i mean, is like sakura, where she was a shoto but not really.

Reactions: Covenant
they should make Joe the one actual normal fighter in the cast that has no idea what he's doing fighting all these weirdos
His V Skill is just him dodging out of the way like "I'm so not getting hit by an energy ball"
And the V-Trigger is just him using an extra punch or kick in his moves, and then taking a second to breathe from overexertion
The Critical can be the only one that's just a regular SF3-type autocombo of him doig a bunch of punches and kicks, because he's not skilled/strong enough to do flashy supermoves

Most of that has to do with the fact that everyone now has a v-skill and v-trigger that makes them different from past games. That's kind of like saying Ryu in SF4 is totally different from SF2 Ryu because he has a focus attack. Everything else about him is about the same.

are you really trying to argue with this in a fighting game specific forum? It would work in a general gaming crowd where they don't care about single frames but here you might want to school yourself up first. Not berating just informing.

are you really trying to argue with this in a fighting game specific forum? It would work in a general gaming crowd where they don't care about single frames but here you might want to school yourself up first. Not berating just informing.
I'm not sure what this post is getting at lol. Everyone was just saying how different ken is when he really isn't much different from his past self. Obviously he is going to have gameplay differences just by virtue of being in a game with different mechanics and of course frame data and such isn't going to be the same.

He is still a shoto with his fireball/tatsu/shoryu, he still has his stuff like the step kick and overhead. My point was that his general moveset is pretty much there with most of the differences he has being attributed to the fact that it's a different game. I couldn't care less if he was different or not, just pointing out my observation.

The problem is you're saying that because he has fireball/tatsu/shoryu he can't be much different from Ryu (at least that's what I understood) and for example Sakura from SFIV is a walking contradiction of that.

The problem is you're saying that because he has fireball/tatsu/shoryu he can't be much different from Ryu (at least that's what I understood) and for example Sakura from SFIV is a walking contradiction of that.
I never said he can't be different because of his shoto attacks. I probably could have worded that better but I meant he still has his fireball/tatsu/shoryu, with his tatsu being slightly different, as I mentioned in my original post. His general moveset is still pretty much his past self, which was my original point. Most of the differences people pointed out were attributed to v-skill/v-trigger.

About the vs Charlie one, someone reminded me of this, but yeah, it's an obscure fact in the canon, but Charlie was the champ of the US Martial Arts Tournament several times before he left to kick evil in the face, after that Ken's consistently been the champ. I've never seen any real interaction between the two in the games, so this was nifty. :)
There's also the fact that Guile is married to Eliza's sister, so it's not impossible that they'd met through friendlier terms through Guile on at least one occasion.

Capcom does not own the rights to Karin.
For a character Capcom supposedly doesn't own according to people on the internet, they sure had no qualms about mentioning her by name in SF4.

And in different ways in both vanilla and Super.

Not to mention how they're somehow able to license her just fine for the UDON comics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shockdingo
There's also the fact that Guile is married to Eliza's sister, so it's not impossible that they'd met through friendlier terms through Guile on at least one occasion.

For a character Capcom supposedly doesn't own according to people on the internet, they sure had no qualms about mentioning her by name in SF4.

Not to mention how they're somehow able to license her just fine for the UDON comics.
Good point on knowing him through Guile!

Also good point on the owning Karin thing. I keep hearing this, but don't think it's true. I thought that he got hired on after the manga or around that time so they're free to use her. In SF4 and UDON, as you've said, they've mentioned her. I can't recall any bad blood between her creator and Capcom, so I don't know why they wouldn't use her other than the Occam's Razor approach of "Eh, it's not time to use her yet."

I always thought it was different between being in one media and another.

From what I can find, I believe they do not own her. This doesn't necessarily make her unlikely to appear though, I was making a joke in that post.

Add enough flour to a raw egg mixture and you're not about to make scrambled eggs anymore.

EX air tatsu also isn't a divekick like people are thinking it is. If you watch some matches where people use it, it's still pretty much air tatsu but with his leg angled downward while spinning. It's kind of a stretch to call it a divekick imo.
i mean, the thing that make divekicks specials are the fact that they are much harder to anti-air right? Ken's ex-tatsu in the air will work like a divekick, at least in the sense that will give him all the benefits of a proper divekick. Of course, v-skill and v-trigger makes things different for every character, but if you compare, this ken is way different, i mean, is like sakura, where she was a shoto but not really.

Add enough flour to a raw egg mixture and you're not about to make scrambled eggs anymore.

Real talk I have no idea what this means.

Mixing flour and eggs is not how you make a Béchamel sauce, you idiots

You need to mix equal parts of melted butter and flour to make a roux, then you add the milk and stir until you reach the desired thickness.

Reactions: gllt
Why the fuck are you adding flour to scrambled eggs? You add milk, bacon bits, or other meats and veggies that you wish to cook with them, maybe a little cracked pepper too. Some cheddar maybe.

Why are we talking about cooking eggs? This isn't super dynamic cooking time!

bacon

936.gif