• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

i just dislike the fact that Ingrid is a freaking goddess who was fighting with common Street Fighters.

It just takes out all the fun seeing two somewhat normal fighters using fantastic fighting styles and unbelievable powers to beat each other up, only to have a God roll up and be like yeah I want to fight too. Gods don't belong on the streets kicking around mortals, and don't even say that people like Ryu or Rose could try to match Ingrid's power, she controls time, is seemingly immortal, and she holds near infinite power. Ingrid is on a whole different lvl compared to Ryu.
It's street fighter, not mortal kombat. As long as they fight in the streets, gods are allowed. =P

please, dont take this too seriously lol

You don't understand.

Messenger of the Stars.

Ingrid is but another sign.

She is the harbinger of the Annie times.

Are people actually mad that Ingrid might be a character?

And here I thought my disgust for Rufus and Birdie were a little nonsensical given the genre of the game.

As long as she is fun to play and I'm not disgusted to look at them, sign me up. I couldn't care less if they are a god that can lose to a common street fighter. Just look at Evil Ryu/Oni in SF4 vs something like el fuerte.

Are people actually mad that Ingrid might be a character?

And here I thought my disgust for Rufus and Birdie were a little nonsensical given the genre of the game.

As long as she is fun to play and I'm not disgusted to look at them, sign me up. I couldn't care less if they are a god that can lose to a common street fighter. Just look at Evil Ryu/Oni in SF4 vs something like el fuerte.
Look at everyone vs Sean.

so you're saying that all characters who only pretend to get knocked out are bad characters?
because that's the kind of thing Elizabeth and Hazama do.
also Slayer.
I think most ASW characters are pretty awful, but yeah, the ones who are always ready with some kind of, "that wasn't even my real power level," bullshit are especially egregious.

And it's not even that it's anime. I hate Wolverine and Deadpool for the same reason. It's impossible to give a shit about a character that can't lose to anything but a plot contrivance. That's just coldsteel the hedgehog level writing.

Reactions: SanoBaron and Aden
I think most ASW characters are pretty awful, but yeah, the ones who are always ready with some kind of, "that wasn't even my real power level," bullshit are especially egregious.

And it's not even that it's anime. I hate Wolverine and Deadpool for the same reason. It's impossible to give a shit about a character that can't lose to anything but a plot contrivance. That's just coldsteel the hedgehog level writing.
I can respect your opinion.

I'm just glad that you're consistent with it.

I can respect your opinion.

I'm just glad that you're consistent with it.

As much as I do respect his opinion, I have to admit every post I see from you @Kai is just so negative and hate a lot of things. Nothing wrong with that, just something I've noticed. But I agree, it is consistent.

Honestly, if they reworked ingrids story and made her less mary sue-ish, I would be game for her coming back. I think every character should be given a chance.

As much as I do respect his opinion, I have to admit every post I see from you @Kai is just so negative and hate a lot of things. Nothing wrong with that, just something I've noticed. But I agree, it is consistent.
Most things are shit, Brand. I just try to have a finer appreciation of the good things in life.

Honestly, if they reworked ingrids story and made her less mary sue-ish, I would be game for her coming back. I think every character should be given a chance.
I'm mostly referring to how there's people here who love characters like Hazama and Elizabeth, but are hating Ingrid, and I'm not gonna call them out specifically, but if you are gonna hate Ingrid for her (probably gonna be reworked) goddess status, then you should hate any character whose losing animation is them lying down and resting their head on their hand.

that said, I wouldn't mind if they changed her a bit to make her fit a little better. like, her Alpha story is kind of a mess so if they just clean it up, that'd be fine. hell, as far as I know, not even Udon added her into the story probably because they didn't know how to fit her in.

Last edited:
Most things are shit, Brand. I just try to have a finer appreciation of the good things in life.

That makes sense

There will be a Street Fighter V announcement at PAX next week.

Beta is currently up for Europe exclusively, still doesn't count as the original allotted time.

He's coming

soon
sLUlPhY.png

Reactions: Shockdingo
When's Ingrid and her Magical Salt Dust? :PUN:

Going to First Attack 2015 in San Juan and they're gonna have SFV setups there. Finally get my hands on trying it.

With all the set ups that are happening I'm really hoping we finally get an actual Vega player to get their hands on Vega and talk about it.

Speaking of Ingrid standing out for being an overpowered goddess (or a time-travelling battle-mage that fights with a mix of solar energy manipulation and ballet):
Necalli, the ancient warrior who likes to devour-our-our souls, says "hi."
There will be a Street Fighter V announcement at PAX next week.
Cool. Forgot about PAX. I figured we'd have to wait a month from now for the Tokyo Game Show (Sept. 17-20).

I figured we'd have to wait a month from now for the Tokyo Game Show (Sept. 17-20).
As did I. I'm curious, since Sony has a big conference in Paris at the end of September, if we'll be getting multiple announcements next month as well.

game comes out in March 2016, including August that's 8 months away, 8 characters left to reveal, if we get a reveal at PAX next week thats 7 characters left w/ 7 months to go, illuminati confirmed

SINCE ILLUMINATI IS CONFIRMED IT ALSO CONFIRMS Q FOR Q IS PART OF THE ILLUMINATI. Also Gill and Urien, but like who cares about those naked nerds, amirite?

I think the idea we will know the entire roster before launch isn't farfetched. Actually, thinking about that, didn't they say we would in the Evo presentation?

if we get a reveal at PAX
They're still making a big deal out of the game's story and story delivery method, a release date hasn't actually been given, these would be announcements as well. Just saying. It's probably a character though, or something with a character tease.

BGS has a confirmed reveal coming, I'd argue there is no reason not to assume TGS next month will have a character reveal (and other than Capcom cup I can't think of another venue after E3 to reveal 2 characters), Sony skipped Gamescom for the Paris show at the end of September, so who knows, and Capcom Cup is December. We don't have anything in November that I'm aware of.

but like who cares about those naked nerds
GET READY TO DIE. KILL, CRUSH, CRUSH, CRUSH, AEGIS REFLECTOR, DESTROY.
Yes, that's actually a legitimate combo. S-Shut up.

wow Urien players are so wound up. Like I say Urien is a nerd cause he just screams out Crush Crush Destroy like some sort of Anime guy.

:D also it's a joke man calm down.

also it's a joke man calm down.
I'm not sure how you could possibly imagine my response wasn't a joke?

I guess the reference might not be explicitly clear the post was "Intro quote. Fireball, tackle juggle, super, knee drop (for unblockable)." Even then "S-shut up" should have made it clear?

No one is upset here. At least until Ingrid gets confirmed.

I'm actually confused what exactly happened to gill after 3rd strike? Is he like missing right now, and is Urien trying to take over or something? Just an honest question about the story aspects revolving those two.

I'm actually confused what exactly happened to gill after 3rd strike? Is he like missing right now, and is Urien trying to take over or something? Just an honest question about the story aspects revolving those two.
It's super unclear because of character endings including his own and Urien's. I wouldn't worry about it.

In the prequel comic Urien is working with Gill's assistant so what we do know of the story at this point just suggests it's before SFIII and Urien is around with the Illuminati, controlling Nash.

I really hope those naked nerds come back in this game lol. I think it would be weird to not have at least Urien in this game.

Oh yeah, At least Ingrid is better than Annie. :-P

Ono will not be at PAX himself, however he is preparing a "new something announcement for SFV."

Which he followed with "I'm excited about it announcement!! ;D At last I've got my wish!! I'm sure that it will make you happy."

image.jpg
SFxT Stages, popular character, three musketeers, lightest candy bar FUCK you

I can dream. Even if I don't play SF that much, Alex was one of my boys in TvsC

Blanka imminent then, I guess
Blanka doesn't strike me as "at last I got my wish". Blanka is in the last one. Also "I'm sure it will make you happy", is Blanka well liked? I've only say people saying they don't want Blanka in V.

Plus you'd think the roster had already been decided, since the game is out in a few months, and PAX doesn't have to be a character reveal.

Blanka doesn't strike me as "at last I got my wish". Blanka is in the last one. Also "I'm sure it will make you happy", is Blanka well liked? I've only say people saying they don't want Blanka in V.

Plus you'd think the roster had already been decided, since the game is out in a few months, and PAX doesn't have to be a character reveal.

Then you missed my short list toward the top of which was Blanka.

Yeah, that's who came to mind first.

This thread feels akin to that of a bunch of guys passing a bong around a circle in someones basement with street fighter 3s ost int he background like

"but man what about that guy in sf3 man"