• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

YEEEEEEESS!!!!!! MY MAINS BACK NOW I FINALLY HAVE HYPE FOR THIS GAAAAAME TT W TT

Reactions: No longer exist
So is that little dash her V-Skill?

Unless the NA PR guy was talking out of his ass the Siliconera leak is dead, though it's odd that they did Karin and Mika together, I will admit.

I mean, I'd love for it to be true, but I don't have any hope for it anymore. At least Mika looks great and Karin is definitely great, probably dropping everyone now that Karin is back.

Also, Karin in the base roster without Sakura? That would be odd. Then again, Vega is without 'rog right now, so who knows.

Wait, so she lost her counter and her command grab? I guess that's just her throw now. God damnit.

At least the rekkas still look great.

Unless the NA PR guy was talking out of his ass the Siliconera leak is dead,
Again they never said it was specifically initial roster. Just that those four would be in the game period. How can they predict if Capcom decides to swap around 1 or 2 in dlc spots? Capcom plans their dlc much in advance so even if Alex/Urien is not starting they are likely early dlc. Especially due to the painfully obvious lack of SF3 reps so far. There is a point where coincidence has passed.

Reactions: Wenzel
Gameplay on Capcom channel right now

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CPFcpIBXAAAjO1w.mp4

Gosh those legs
CPFdD7hWIAAK1nu.png:large

Again they never said it was specifically initial roster. Just that those four would be in the game period. How can they predict if Capcom decides to swap around 1 or 2 in dlc spots? Capcom plans their dlc much in advance so even if Alex/Urien is not starting they are likely early dlc. Especially due to the painfully obvious lack of SF3 reps so far. There is a point where coincidence has passed.
Saying "X will be in the game at all" is fuzzy as hell. Mika was free, Karin, while not free, wasn't hard to guess.

The same PR guy said something along the lines of announcing characters not in the initial 16 in the future though, so maybe.

Cant wait to see how she feels compared to back in alpha X3

Seriously, after Mika and Karin showing up it's kind of silly to say anything is dead in the water.

Nobody guessed them and few people hoped. I'm still waiting to see how it pans out but it's been working out so far.

Saying "X will be in the game at all" is fuzzy as hell. Mika was free, Karin, while not free, wasn't hard to guess.

R Mika hasn't been in a SF game outside of Alpha since her debut and Karin too especially with that license thing. It's not as obvious as 'Ken and Akuma are gonna be in' will be in otherwise they would have been in SFIV already with that 40+ roster.

few people hoped
...though you wouldn't know it from the amount of whining every time she wasn't announced in an update of SF4.

it's kind of silly to say anything is dead in the water.
That requires assuming they were talking about DLC or that a guy who works for Capcom has no idea what's happening despite it being his job to know.

R Mika hasn't been in a SF game since her debut and Karin too.
Ono talked multiple times during SFIV about wanting to put Mika in. Karin was the number one Street Fighter character in the Japanese poll a few years back.

Mika was free, Karin wasn't a hard guess. I'm not saying that it's impossible they were talking about DLC, I'm saying it's weird. I would love for the Capcom rep to actually be wrong or the characters to be near immediate DLC, please, give me Alex and Urien.

...though you wouldn't know it from the amount of whining every time she wasn't announced in an update of SF4.

Also see Q. <.<

Reactions: Vadsamoht
Wait, why is her V-Gauge 2 stocks but when she activates V-Trigger it has 3 stock length?

Wait, why is her V-Gauge 2 stocks but when she activates V-Trigger it has 3 stock length?
because she has a higher social status, and thus gets exclusive buffs that lesser plebeians could never hope to see.

Reactions: Shockdingo
That requires assuming they were talking about DLC or that a guy who works for Capcom has no idea what's happening despite it being his job to know.

Ono talked multiple times during SFIV about wanting to put Mika in. Karin was the number one Street Fighter character in the Japanese poll a few years back.

Mika was free, Karin wasn't a hard guess. I'm not saying that it's impossible they were talking about DLC, I'm saying it's weird. I would love for the Capcom rep to actually be wrong or the characters to be near immediate DLC, please, give me Alex and Urien.

Well here's my problem: you're assuming that either they didn't know what they were talking about or were wrong. Why? Because the way you're interpreting it isn't meshing with how it could potentially turn out.

They said it would be 4 new, 8 'classic' and 4 that haven't been seen in awhile. Now I've seen people discussing before putting Urien and Alex in the never before seen pile but they've definitely been in more games and more recently than Mika or Karin.

Could Siliconera still turn out wrong? Sure! But, as I've stated before, anytime they've predicted/leaked something before it's panned out so we'll still have to see.

Karin is technically not owned by Capcom, so she needs to be licensed for her use in the series

Well here's my problem: you're assuming that either they didn't know what they were talking about or were wrong. Why? Because the way you're interpreting it isn't meshing with how it could potentially turn out.
Because they're long time no see characters no matter how you want to look at it. 16 years is a long time.

but they've definitely been in more games and more recently than Mika or Karin.
The last time Alex and Urien were in a Street Fighter game was 1 year after the last time Karin and Mika were, and if we're counting versions then no, they've actually been in less.

And that said, the quote wasn't "classic" it's "characters you expect to be in a Street Fighter game", as in by default. Urien sure as hell doesn't fit that.

If the leak is right then they're early DLC, which would be weird, but that's the only way that the leak is right and the PR guy isn't wrong.

I don't even care about Karin I'm so fucking happy we got a new stage goddamn it's been so long.

Seems like the online are similar to that of TTT2 which is a good thing imo

We JUST got Rio a month or so ago tho
That has to have been at least two months, but yeah.

We JUST got Rio a month or so ago tho

And they haven't added it to any builds since so what the fuck.

New stage is cool though.

Because they're long time no see characters no matter how you want to look at it. 16 years is a long time.

The last time Alex and Urien were in a Street Fighter game was 1 year after the last time Karin and Mika were, and if we're counting versions then no, they've actually been in less.

And that said, the quote wasn't "classic" it's "characters you expect to be in a Street Fighter game", as in by default. Urien sure as hell doesn't fit that.

If the leak is right then they're early DLC, which would be weird, but that's the only way that the leak is right and the PR guy isn't wrong.

Less? I'm gonna stop you right there because counting versions is really weird considering they're all still Alpha 3. Urien and Alex have at least gone on outside of their debut games.

And the quote said classic as well as characters you expect to be in a street fighter game.

At this point it's all about interpretation. Kind of like how when people first saw the colors in the character roster from that Capcom panel they automatically assumed the first 8 would be from SF2 because of the characters that had been revealed at that point.

Also interesting how you say that Urien couldn't be considered classic. But I suppose that's something for people to discuss.

just because Seth has Chariot Tackle as his focus attack does not mean that Urien appeared in SF4

just because Seth has Chariot Tackle as his focus attack does not mean that Urien appeared in SF4

You've totally lost me.

Continues the SFV trend of bizarrely bad blond hair, but her playstyle looks kinda fun. Also, CFN looks really, really cool.

Reactions: Wenzel
I'm gonna stop you right there because counting versions is really weird considering they're all still Alpha 3.
And every game Urien is in is still Street Fighter III.
And the quote said classic as well as characters you expect to be in a street fighter game.

At this point it's all about interpretation. Kind of like how when people first saw the colors in the character roster from that Capcom panel they automatically assumed the first 8 would be from SF2 because of the characters that had been revealed at that point.

Also interesting how you say that Urien couldn't be considered classic. But I suppose that's something for people to discuss.

Relevent quotes kill Urien and Alex being in the launch roster.
Matt Dahlgren also re-confirms that there will be eight "most known" Street Fighter characters, four brand new fighters, and four that haven't been seen in a long time from the main games, as the launch roster. Also discussed are the implications of Street Fighter 5 as a progressive platform as opposed to a one-off game.
According to Dahlgren, we'll be seeing eight classic characters "that you'd expect in a Street Fighter game," and four are characters from previous games that haven't been seen in some time, such as Nash and R. Mika.

That shit is not up to interpretation, there is no discussion there. If you want to talk about DLC, there is this.
"The end result is really going to be a roster that's unlike Street Fighter 4," Dahlgren said. "It's got its own unique flavor to it. And if your character didn't make it in now, we are going to be revealing post-launch characters."

That makes it open that DLC is going to be so early it could be announced prior to or at launch, meaning that could be what the leak is about, but they're not in the starting roster unless he is wrong when it's his job to know.

I want Alex and Urien as much as anyone else possibly could, the leak is still not the launch roster. It could be real outside of the roster, though that's a pretty strange idea. Only half could have been real since they were in fact separate articles, I can believe that. Or it could have been coincidence considering those two weren't hard to guess.

Sources.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...four-brand-new-and-four-we-havent-seen-while/
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...hoices-street-fighter-5-progressive-platform/

So yeah it's not just the alt Cammy's new face is on her default too.

Seems like Karin needs to use V Trigger to access more of her old mixups/rekka chains. At least her V Trigger activation has decent length.

At least her V Trigger activation has decent length,
It's actually pretty interesting her playstyle relies entirely on her having V-Trigger so she only has to build two stocks and gets the benefits of three stocks.

It's a neat idea for balancing rekkas that can mix up and even grab, I hope it stays this way.

Alright if you're gonna say there's no discussion there then I'm gonna leave it at that. I will point out that Urien was in Capcom Fighting All Stars, though.

I just have to ask at least: if, on the off chance, it does turn out to be Urien and Alex are you still going to claim he's wrong?

Alright if you're gonna say there's no discussion there then I'm gonna leave it at that. I will point out that Urien was in Capcom Fighting All Stars, though.
I said Street Fighter games the first time, didn't think I had to restate that. Tatsunoko wasn't exactly popular either. Their only Street Fighter appearances were SFIII, last seen in 1999.

I just have to ask at least: if, on the off chance, it does turn out to be Urien and Alex are you still going to claim he's wrong?
Considering neither of those quotes remotely describe Alex or especially Urien, yes. I don't know if you've forgotten but SFIII flopped pretty hard, the only reason most people who got in on SFIV, which would be most of the people who are current Street Fighter fans, would even recognize a SFIII character is because some streamer they liked played 3S:OE.

He is either lying or he actually doesn't know and is guessing off the color chart like everyone else was, in the case that those characters are in the launch roster.

Which actually then brings up the color chart, which is also pretty heavy evidence against the leak.

I'm not saying they aren't in, I'm saying Capcom's PR says they aren't in, because they did.

I'm still waiting for that elusive PC Beta...

Yeah that's something that should at least be coming soon
Not only do they have to test the netcode but some people have to see if they can even run the game at all.

Seems like the online are similar to that of TTT2 which is a good thing imo

TTT2's online was so good that I was addicted to it so hearing this will certainly make me addicted to this game

Last edited: