• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

So that's not Urien, it's actually Eleven.

Yes, I'm serious.

Okay but

we'll be able to use that costume right

at some point

Hopefully.

Also you do get 2 reflectors, and you can throw them in different positions by using directions.

Holy crap, I caught part of a a livestream of Storymode and it's what I wanted...as a longtime SF Lore nerd I was very very happy, so happy... <3 I can't wait until tomorrow to start it and catch all the stuff I missed. Well done Ono and team.

Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
yeah so

the story mode is on PS4 early

watch Max play thru it. right now half way thru.

but really just watch the archive it will be better for you.

Story Mode Spoilers. these are MAJOR so do not open uless you want it ruined. I just finshed watching Max play though Story mode on his stream.
4, potentially 5 Street Fighter Perma-Character Deaths: Bison, F.A.N.G., Charlie Nash, and the Doll Marz (calling BULLSHIT on hers) are confirmed Deaths. The 5th who is unconfirmed as we never saw them but only heard a voice....

You really want to know?
Last warning
Crimson Viper, Murdered by F.A.N.G. just before the start is potentally the 5th.

YO that's actually neat.

but that also means Aegis Reflect is his V-Trigger...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... oooooohhh well.

You realise that it being a V-Trigger will probably allow you to use it twice as much compared to it being a super?

Max tested, you can get it off for combos Twice during V-Trigger, but a few people were saying you could get it off 3 times.

wat
S2w0Obk.jpg

Urien's V-skill gives fucking armor to his specials, I called this a year ago, this is going to be fun.

If Urien is in the game and they balanced Aegis as his CA his V-Trigger could give armor to certain moves like Birdie's does, imagine how terrifying Chariot Tackle with a hit of armor would be

Even though Urien isn't finished yet and things might change I think these are some cool combos.

I loved it overall, but I had some issues, Chun Li fans, we were robbed. Here are my thoughts crossposted from SRK. WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS:
Loving it, digging it, but there are a few things;

-I'm really not liking all the jobbing Chun has gotten

-I was hoping for a bigger moment between Guile and Charlie. It's been years guys! How could you not have more?!

-Urien's appearance was magnificent and I love how he keeps calling Charlie Clay doll

-It's awesome, I didn't notice, but right after Urien left, Helen showed that she hates his guts with her expression, but the shoulder insignia she has on her left shoulder is the red and blue mask of those cultists in Gill's intro! Nice hint!

-Maaaan Helen is cute. I hope that the accent wasn't just a cover and she keeps that for the future, it's really nice.

-WHY DID THEY CENSOR FANG MURDERING THE SCIENTIST?! CRAPPP!

-Hmm, so far Karin seems to be one of the writer's favs but not too too Mary Sue, will add additional thoughts at I continue

-Rashid is goofy, but I love the guy. A great new addition. I hope I see him again!

-Love Ibuki and Mika's rivalry

--Marz is adorable, but I don't know why one of the other more combat competent dolls wasn't sent to raid Karin's house given her reputation

-Hajoken lol

-I absolutely love that little moment concerning families it shows that the fighters all know about each other; I loved seeing Ken and Mel play and the brief but great moment of Chun li and Cammy talking about families got to me. Cammy admitting the families confuse her due to her history was a sad but nice touch.

-I love Aprile and all the Doll voices so far. Marz is frightened but adorable.

-Poor Birdie, scores a win, still gets stomped on. Hmm. did they ever explain his weight gain? I skipped around a few parts, but I thought in interviews they said they'd explain why he got fat and why Bison has white hair, so far haven't seen an explanation for either.

-lmao "Is this considered...a typical brother-sister relationship?" Cammy being confused at Laura bullying Sean is hilarious

-Laura is violent and crazy, but also friendly, I like her a lot more after seeing her in story mode

-Ed's voice and attitude are a nice match with Balrog (Nice work Bosco!)

-Alex and Dhalsim's exchange is great, it reminds me of something that would happen to Raph from TMNT

-Hmm cryptic mention from Dhalsim about Alex seeking answers when the time comes...really interested to see what lies ahead

-HOLY CRAP! WE FIGHT COMMISSIONER GORDON?! No way!
open_mouth.gif

-I liked the Mika and Ibuki fights vs Rog. Even though they won, it wasn't a cheap matchup and he just kept getting back up. (scary) they had to escape so no jobbing there thankfully. Overall the power balance for these fights isn't bad at all.

-Kinda annoyed how they wont let Chun fight; Dhalsim came to (awesomely) take care of the Shadaloo troopers, Karin fought Fang, sheesh, could we have Chun fight one battle?!

-Bison wins vs Charlie: "Why can't you stay dead?"

-Bison vs Necalli "Want your soul" "try and take it!"

-Liking the little moment concerning looking for friends with Charlie and Rashid. Found it weird that Rashid completely avoids using a name or gender in regards to the friend. Could the gender be different depending on regions hence the vagueness?

-Gief lecturing possessed Abel is fantastic. I love how he's this beloved hearty fellow, no more of the dumb badguy that the cartoon and movie portrayed him as.

-Guile helped lift up Charlie into the chopper...oh...oh man that music cue...ahem...something...in eye...
bawling.gif

-YES Juri finally called out how creepy Vega is! "Hey perv...this one's mine!"

-THE DOG TAGS!! <3

-Abel remembers Nash's name from that reaction, but I wanted more

-Yeesh, angry Helen is scary Helen

-I've said before that unless it's the animes or comics I'm not the biggest Ryu fan. I don't hate him, I just don't get much out of him, but denjin mode and his defeat of Necalli was a real nice moment, kinda wish the explained Necalli a bit more, he sorta feels like an underdeveloped plot device

-The all for one moment at the Kanzuki mansion with Sim, Ryu, Ken, and Karin was simply beautiful. It's what I've wanted for a long time - the cast uniting to take on the big bad!

-Karin update; I feel she's connected and has a bit of focus, but I don't feel she's a mary sue like others have said. She's not one-shotting most of the cast

-Byron, though his appearances may be brief, he's cool.

-That shot of chaos and Helen reading from her Holy book was grand, I'm glad they're really getting into the meat of Gill's aesthetic

-All the heroes exiting out of the copter was golden, oh man the music is fantastic too!

-Satsuki vs Gief was amazing lol poor Murasame

-Whoa, Fervier just totally called Birdie a piece of shit in French and several users will be happy with Birdie saying "HEY using a weapon is CHEATING'!" also confirmed dudes like him and Gief have density powers, Birdie could take being shot by psycho bullets and was only slightly inconvenienced

-DOUBLE OJOU LAUGH!!!!

-Juli!!!

-Seeing Rashid's rage and the effect on his powers, I don't think his wind is tech. I think it's all ki

-The dog tags... :( ;_;7

-I gotta say 2nd time around I'm a lot more accepting of Charlie's fate. He went out good

-YEAH finally Chun li gets to friggin' HIT someone. Also loved her "Will you shut up?!" to Fang. :PUN:

-I gotta say, I'm surprised that Ryu was absent for a lot of this. It felt natural for everyone to get some focus, I'm feeling pretty good about this still

-Ryu to Ko Bison:"Is this the power you were seeking?" GREAT line. I feel a lot better about Ryu ending Bison during my 2nd viewing of this

-Bison's death was so well animated. I love how there were no calls for revenge, no cheapshots. He was defeated, smirked and accepted it. So well done that there's room for his return.

-Sad that Rose had NOTHING to do with this. I was hoping for her standing on a mountain top getting a line of "It's finally over.."

-Man the ending/credits music is great.

-"Come and follow me...KOLIN" LOVE this voice actor's delivery. <3

-Like Gill's new voice, sounds a bit like Seth's though interestingly enough. Glad they ditched the audio distortion and glimmer.

-Interesting that that glowing butterfly came back and landed on Gill's hand

-Double interesting that Gill is not a hardass like Urien. He pondered on the discrepancy of the prophecy, gave a good natured chuckle and made Helen's day.

-Thoughts about the Helen-Kolin thing. Since there are elements of Gill that share similarities to the bible does anyone think that her getting the name Kolin means she's been accepted, moved to a new identity and sense of being?? Throughout this she was desperate to succeed for Gill in return for something and when he wasn't upset about Ryu being the one to beat Bison she got excited like she knew this was coming. Maybe this is similar to how some people in the bible changed their names after having their lives changed?

-The headband moment and the fist bump. You guys did it... you finally made me care about Ryu and Ken in game. I love all that brotherhood. "Keep pushing forward!"
Phew, this was fantastic. I love this, I love all you guys. It's....it's a great time to be a SF fan.

Also after letting things marinate a bit here were my thoughts on the elephant in the room Karin's lopsided focus. I originally defended her, but... hrrrng:

I'm mixed. Really mixed.

Reading some points I got worried she was gonna be terrible...I disagree..kinda. I agree that she got a ton of focus that could have been redistributed (especially to Chun and Guile who didn't actually do anything to hurt Shadaloo) but her not losing didn't bother me since her abilities weren't presented as being better than the rest of the cast. She without a doubt got the most favourable treatment from the authors, but if she was a true Mary Sue she would have been instrumental in fighting off Bison or totally ending Fang and his plots and being steps ahead of Helen and co. I would have edited it that Chun Li and Guile would coordinate things and she could supply resources. The power dynamic was a mess. I'm really frustrated, if her role was kept 90% the same, but Chun and Guile, the people who are more focused on this and by profession, trade and personal connection MORE SUITED to taking Shadaloo, had more of a hand in hurting the organization than a rich girl with fantastic connections, I'd be fine.

Like I said, she should have helped the heroes by way of resources and connections, but she was given way too much focus and things tied back to her too much. I don't mind her home was a makeshift base of operations, but really what the hell were the writers thinking by sidelining Guile and Chun like that?

I see that she got tons of attention, but it wasn't over the top to me how she acted or was treated in canon, so she's not in Ingrid territory. We didn't have serious jobbing or people cowering before her. I would have liked to see take a seat in some moments though. I would say it's more that she was the author's pet character than a Mary Sue. PLOTwise her inclusion did not trump the other characters, but outside, she ate up focus and time. What I mean is that in-universe, if the story took place in real time she wouldn't have overshadowed all the efforts of the other heroes as much.

Overall to end my yammering on, I don't think she was a Mary sue and nowhere near Ingrid, but I found the whole thing obnoxious due to how badly other mainstays got robbed. Chun lost, got helped way too much before even throwing a punch, kicked one guy off screen, didn't even have a moment to relish Bison's defeat and get closure, and poor Guile didn't even get to salute Charlie for all he had done for the cast.

I get not everyone's gonna get perfect focus, but considering how RIGHT some of the smaller character moments were fantastically implemented, it's confusing how the two mains got screwed. There's having blinders on and some mandated or biased crap.

That would be like me writing SF5 and placing waaaay too much focus on Q, pushing Blanka to the forefront and saying screw you to Ryu. We all have favourites, but as a writer we have to utilize them naturally and not let them overtake things unnaturally.

Ugh, I keep going through elation to being more than a bit frustrated. I keep going from 7.5 to 8. I just hope there's more stuff season 2 to give some nice epilogues because there's a bit too much missing right now for my benefit, which bothers me because I loved soooo soo much of it!

So overall despite a few issues here and there I LOVED it. For Capcom's first SF storymode outing they did grand. Urien and Juri omg, Nash! Rashiiiiiiiiiidooooo!!! So much to enjoy!

I know everybody is having fun with story mode and I'm just coming in here raining on the parade but I still can't get past the netplay and input lag issues to really enjoy the game.

Which is a shame because I like the overall way it is designed.

I know everybody is having fun with story mode and I'm just coming in here raining on the parade but I still can't get past the netplay and input lag issues to really enjoy the game.
Are you still having netplay issues? Those were supposed to be dealt with this patch.

No Neck Breaker
No Tsumuji
No jump back kunai or even neutral jump kunai

Who the fuck is this character and what did they do to my main? Fuck this shit I don't even care if I ever actually get that "spring" Linux port or not.
oh who am I kidding I'll play literally anything that gets a port no matter how butchered

Are you still having netplay issues? Those were supposed to be dealt with this patch.

What? All they did was change the matchmaking. The netcode is exactly the same.

That's two things we got out of the movie, at least.
Actually....
Shadaloo troopers say hello.
blade.jpg

The Shadaloo troopers from the movie (and the movie game) are the American Branch; their translated bios can be found at the links below

Khyber
khyber.jpg

Arkane
aekane.jpg

Obscure SlamMasters Character Blade

F7

f7.jpg

-I know it's not from the movie, but rather the cartoon based on the movie, but in story mode Bison says "This is DELICIOUS entertainment!"

No Neck Breaker
No Tsumuji

And yet people seem to be figuring out new shenanigans.

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

No Neck Breaker
No Tsumuji

Who the fuck is this character and what did they do to my main? Fuck this shit I don't even care if I ever actually get that "spring" Linux port or not.
oh who am I kidding I'll play literally anything that gets a port no matter how butchered
yeah, I feel taking out both neck breaker AND no Tsumuji kinda ruins the character.

like, I dont mind them taking some stuff out, but not THAT stuff!

whoops

i'm still ticked off that Capcom didn't go with this design of Ibuki. like really come on

ibuki02.jpg
man, why are they worrying about tournament bans when they're just gonna play on training stage the whole time?

The Grid is actually banned this year for EVO, I shit you not