• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The canon info thread - what we know

Wait, if it's Parasoul who rules the Canopy Kingdom, why hasn't she been considered Queen?

Wait, if it's Parasoul who rules the Canopy Kingdom, why hasn't she been considered Queen?
I'd imagine that has something to do with Alex's leaving open the possibility of King Renoir still being alive. Also, she may just not have undergone a coronation, yet, electing to remain the princess for a time while she's an active member of the military. I may need to brush up on my monarchies, but I think as long as you're the ranking member of the royal family, you're still in charge, so your official title isn't so important if everybody's on the same page.

It was discussed before actually and I think the most likely explanation is that since the King simply disappeared and not confirmed dead, and didn't abdicate the throne before his disappearance, it's not technically possible to crown a new monarch yet.

Been really busy so I haven't had time to curate all this new info and made a proper response to some of more interesting reveals yet. Will do soon!

Besides, it's actually not unheard of in history for coronations to be put off for years. In Frozen, Elsa wasn't made Queen until she was what, 18? And her parents died years ago. Given the tulmultuous nature the Canopy Kingdom is in, it's not too surprising the coronation hasn't happened yet, assuming King Renoir is dead or otherwise unable to rule.

"Kinda Nazi-ish,"

*sigh* Th idea that Canopy kingdom is actually the bad guy has been stewing in my head ever since the game started. So far the audince is just geting the story from the canopy kingdoms side of things really. Kinda like how the ww2 germans and even us americans don't get all the story from their own governments and they portray their bad actions to the people as an illusion of justice.

*coping with the idea that princess parasoul may actually be evil princess parasoul.* T_T

this may explain why in parasouls story double disguise her self as parasoul. because all it takes is one little command from an imposter to tarnish the already questionable renoir rule. IDK.

Nazi-ish you say?

These were (unused) propaganda/concept art I did back in 2008-2009, pre-Alpha.
cad.jpg

soldier.jpg

paratroop.jpg

sevenyear.jpg

Maybe in addition to her father still being alive, she has to marry to be considered the Queen? Is that thing?

I wish there was more evidence of her being IN CHARGE while her dad was gone. I thought she more like a special forces commander, general or chief of police rather than the leader of the county.
I always just viewed her as a 'doer' rather than a politician, which I suppose is pretty cool in that she is very 'hands-on' in her leadership-
MY GOD! PARASOUL IS HAGGAR!

Besides, it's actually not unheard of in history for coronations to be put off for years. In Frozen, Elsa wasn't made Queen until she was what, 18? And her parents died years ago. Given the tulmultuous nature the Canopy Kingdom is in, it's not too surprising the coronation hasn't happened yet, assuming King Renoir is dead or otherwise unable to rule.
I think the opposite is true actually. If the kingdom is in a tumultuous state, then it's more urgent to have a visible public figure as the reigning monarch, and Parasoul would have to be made Queen immediately in order for the Kingdom to have a figurehead to rally around. The Kingdom is actually in a period of peace after the end of the Grand War which is why they can afford to have a King who has been missing for the past few years.

Maybe in addition to her father still being alive, she has to marry to be considered the Queen? Is that thing?
Hmm not really. If she's the next in line to the throne, then she would be made queen regardless of her marital status. However there are some countries that do not allow women to become the reigning monarch, in which case the position would go to the next in line to the throne (probably Parasoul's uncle or cousin or whatever) in the event that Franz ceases to be king for whatever reason, but we don't really know at this point either way if the Canopy Kingdom have such a rule.

If someone marries the reigning King though, then they would be known as the Queen Consort, rather than the Queen Regnant. I assume that Queen Nancy was the Queen Consort to King Franz, given that both their surname is Renoir.

Having said that, I have no idea if any of this is actually true since we have no idea what the rules for succession are in the Canopy Kingdom. :P I'm just basing this off on how royalty generally works in our world.

One minor thing to note:

The last Queen was a frigging Skullgirl.

Chances are, throwing the word "Queen" around still makes people twitchy in and out of the Kingdom. It's possible Parasoul and her advisors (Girl's pretty young, she probably has advisors for the international politic stuff) agreed, "Yeah, a Queen at this time would be a really bad PR move." By being "just a Princess," Parasoul makes it clear she inherited the current mess and is working to clean it up, but isn't the one who made it happen. "Princess" connotes sweetness and innocence, and Canopy needs all the PR help it can get, especially if it's essentially ex-Nazi.

"What do you do when your dad's Vlad the Impaler and your mom turned into Sauron before she died?"

I hesitated to like that post but that last sentence was gold.

Reactions: ACreationist
And then I learned Skullheart is apparently well-versed in the customs of royal hierarchy.

One minor thing to note:

The last Queen was a frigging Skullgirl.

Chances are, throwing the word "Queen" around still makes people twitchy in and out of the Kingdom. It's possible Parasoul and her advisors (Girl's pretty young, she probably has advisors for the international politic stuff) agreed, "Yeah, a Queen at this time would be a really bad PR move." By being "just a Princess," Parasoul makes it clear she inherited the current mess and is working to clean it up, but isn't the one who made it happen. "Princess" connotes sweetness and innocence, and Canopy needs all the PR help it can get, especially if it's essentially ex-Nazi.

"What do you do when your dad's Vlad the Impaler and your mom turned into Sauron before she died?"
I can see your point but in the beginning of Parasoul's story, an observance of the anniversary of Queen Nancy's death is broadcasted on national TV. If the Kingdom was so traumatised by the word "Queen" that no one wants to mention it, I doubt that would be the case.

Go on an Eliza-esque waifu killing spree?

Reactions: The Dave
I can see your point but in the beginning of Parasoul's story, an observance of the anniversary of Queen Nancy's death is broadcasted on national TV. If the Kingdom was so traumatised by the word "Queen" that no one wants to mention it, I doubt that would be the case.

It's probably more a matter of "ding dong the witch is dead" than "we have a Queen, hail the new Queen." If anything, the anniversary of her death celebrates that they don't have that Queen.

Also... a national celebration that your mom's dead... that's pretty heavy. I mean, it makes sense in context, but... Yikes.

Is it even common knowledge that Nancy was the Skullgirl? Government propaganda can be very strong, the fact that she was the Skullgirl could have been covered up. Nancy may have just 'died of natural causes'.

I may be forgetting some things, my lore knowledge is rusty.

Yeah, all the kingdoms came together to fight her she had to be a skullgirl for awhile, she gave birth during the process. Which brings me to this, did Alex say anything about Umbrella? @Night Phyre

Is it even common knowledge that Nancy was the Skullgirl? Government propaganda can be very strong, the fact that she was the Skullgirl could have been covered up. Nancy may have just 'died of natural causes'.

I dunno, looking at the vague flashbacks and Marie herself, I don't think her appearance would have changed to the point that she's unrecognizable. Heck, when the bad stuff started going down, there may have been some form of exodus and word likely spread.

So question the skullheart cannot be truly destroyed correct? So why not lock it up someplace no one can get to it. In a universe where anti-skullgirls lazers exist why can't they send the skullheart to space? Or can the skullheart teleport in some way?

Yeah, all the kingdoms came together to fight her she had to be a skullgirl for awhile, she gave birth during the process.
No, @BallotBoxer pointed out that since a transformation can take a long time like Parasoul and considering Umbrella's age, Nancy probably gave birth to Umbrella three years before she fully transformed. She probably was a Skullgirl for about the same time as Marie. Ballot can explain it better.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
In Vals alt ending she brings the skullheart back to Lab 0, but tragedy befell her once she arrived. So that's the closest some has gotten to capturing the SH.

It's probably more a matter of "ding dong the witch is dead" than "we have a Queen, hail the new Queen." If anything, the anniversary of her death celebrates that they don't have that Queen.

Also... a national celebration that your mom's dead... that's pretty heavy. I mean, it makes sense in context, but... Yikes.
I think it's meant to be a mourning, rather than a celebration. Regardless of how the population might feel about Skullgirl Nancy, it's probably not the best idea to celebrate the death of the late Queen while her daughter is practically the leader of the country. The official line from the country's leadership would be to mourn the Queen as she was and downplay the devastation she caused as the Skullgirl.

The TV report at the start of Parasoul's story does say specifically that Nancy was the Skullgirl, so yep it's pretty common knowledge.

The TV report at the start of Parasoul's story does say specifically that Nancy was the Skullgirl, so yep it's pretty common knowledge.
See I knew I forgot something.

I like the idea of trash talking the mother of someone with a good answer to "you and what army?"

Rachel Wong for the next Skullgirl!

gVf4agY.jpg

Reporter: I’m Rachel Wong, reporting from our studio in the nation’s capitol, Canopolis. Frank has the night off.
Reporter: In our top story today, there has been numerous reports of Skullgirl sightings in New Meridian, leading the Canopy Military to raise the Skullgirl Alert Level to “Mauve.”
Reporter: New Meridians citizens are advised to stay indoors, remain vigilant and report anything suspicious.
Reporter: This newest incarnation of the Skullgirl has yet to be identified, but our sources within the NMPD say her victims seem to be connected with the prestigious Medici family.
Reporter: Lorenzo Medici, the most prominent of this powerful clan, has withdrawn from the public spotlight and is believed to have gone into hiding.
Reporter: Having just observed the seventh anniversary of the defeat of the previous Skullgirl, our kingdom’s own Queen Nancy (Trinity bless her soul), the appearance of a new Skullgirl is a chilling development.
Reporter: While expected, the core of our nation is once again shaken as normalcy seemed to be returning. But we will not be defeated, and stand strong against this new enemy!

considering Umbrella's age, Nancy probably gave birth to Umbrella three years before she fully transformed.

That concisely wraps up the important details. For more speculation about Umbrella and the long Skullgirl transformation process there's this post in the Umbrella thread.

As for why Parasoul hasn't ascended to Queen, I think taking the throne will be the equivalent of giving up on her missing father. King Franz is MIA, perhaps dead or alive. He was probably last seen on the front lines in No Man's Land when the Grand War turned into a Skullgirl battle.

With his death-themed living weapon, Todd, Franz appeared to be quite the warrior king. As the first post explains:

- The Gigan Nation's king is called Gilgamesh. He is a giant Gigan with a special chain mail that protrudes knifes when he flexes. He's had some epic battles with King Franz back in the days

(and in the case of the Brain Drain one has not been disproved)
Actually, in Filias story mode you see Filias parents in a flashback, so rip. When I get home I'll screencap it.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Doesn't wishing on the Skullheart make you impure? Sense you being selfish by "wishing" on yourself.

Doesn't wishing on the Skullheart make you impure? Sense you being selfish by "wishing" on yourself.

I remember Alex outright saying this once but I could not even begin to try and find where or when he said it.
But probably yeah.

I remember Alex outright saying this once but I could not even begin to try and find where or when he said it.
But probably yeah.

We're all selfish, in the slightest, because we generally wished for something in our lives previously.

Doubt it would change anything. From what I see, those of the cast that do wish on the Skullheart most likely consider the wish/the agenda behind it worth sacrificing their life for.

I read through that skype interview with alex it says that valintines eye is gone but i remember him saying her eye is still in the socket is this a case of the cannon is "which ever is cooler"?

I read through that skype interview with alex it says that valentines eye is gone but i remember him saying her eye is still in the socket is this a case of the canon is "which ever is cooler"?

On Topic, Val's eye is gone, but not gone in the terms of it being removed from the socket. She still has her right eye but it is downright unusable because of some medicine that renders her right eye to be blind. Still cool when Valentine do reveal it sometime in the future though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys and girls, please stay on topic. I can understand that debate and peer review is a powerful means of looking at information but this is the "canon" information thread. I am really happy that this remained civil for the most part but c'mon now.

- Black Dahlia is NOT Elven. She is human. Alex said the idea that she was elven sprung from the misinterpretation of a piece of art where her ears were stylistically more pointed, but never meant to indicate she was anything but human.

Thank god this got debunked, this always used to get parroted around with a 'confirmed by Alex' but I knew deep down, I always knew, that this was bull.

Rachel Wong for the next Skullgirl!
Lmao i forgot about Rachel Wong. Back during the IGG I was convinced she was gonna be a potential char, and thought Eliza's silhouette was her in some kind of battle form, which would have been ridiculous. But Rachel could have made a great joke character, bopping people in the face with her microphone trying to get an interview about Skullgirl sightings. i dunno