• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The canon info thread - what we know

Aight guys, I finally got around to editing the first posts! Here are my additions based on the lore revealed on Salty:

- Cerebella's mother was/is good at crafting Living Weapons
- Peacock's planned romance is with Leduc - pretty innocuous first-love type of romance, not "the type that people draw on DeviantArt"
- King Renoir - either he's dead or he's gone and will come back later, whichever is cooler
- Ms Fortune's "power level" in terms of the Skullgirls cast is pretty low - about down there with Beowulf
- Maybe it would be cool if Brain Drain or another scientist to eventually make a godlike Artificial Parasite, but currently there's not plan to explore this
- Outside of her "job", she's a very straightforward person and her sexual act is just a part of her kunoichi technique
- Double does have sentience and a sense of self, but not so much that she could actually do anything outside the will of the Trinity
- While Roberto has Leviathan living in his shoulder, due to the stigma of having a Parasite, Leviathan would generally be hidden under a short cloak or a coat
- Big Band has newer technology than Dahlia, who is the very first generation of ASG subjects
- Eliza confirmed to originally planned to be the main villian of Skullgirls 2
- As far as the canon goes, Adam and Parasoul is probably the closest Skullgirls would have to a romance
- Dahlia doesn't have any affiliation to the Medici. She is powerful enough to be the second-in-command of the Medici and loves to be their due to her deranged, violent nature, as being with them gives her a constant excuse to be violent
- If anyone else gets a canon robot version, it would probably be made by Brain Drain
- Feng confirmed to NOT have romantic feelings for Cerebella. It's just a normal, non-sexual "oh she's so cool" girl-crush, similar to Minette and Ms Fortune
- Leduc, Hive and Peacock are the teenage troublemakers of Lab 8
- Every single thread of fate in the game is possible - in a sense everyone is capable of defeating the Skullgirl and destroying the Skullheart if they perform at their peak level. (You can draw a parallel with saving at a checkpoint in a game. Every time you die and restart, you are essentially creating multiple timelines where in one timeline you can eventually beat the game)
- In the canon story, it takes 3-4 people to defeat Skullgirl Marie, and Marie isn't even a good Skullgirl
- Squigly and Leviathan is able to tap into Abaddon's ability to manipulate space to perform moves such as Centre Stage.
- A possible plot point for Skullgirls 3 would be Squigly pushing the space manipulation power so hard (to save Filia or whoever) that it rips a hole in space and allows Venus and Aeon to cross into their world

As for the stuff that Night Phyre added on this thread later, I mostly kept the wordings intact but I modified some a bit so they have more passive sounds. For some of the info I also categorised it a bit differently to Night Phyre (for example I feel like Squigs/Leviathan space manipulation being derived from Abaddon mainly goes under lore related to Squigly rather than Venus), but all the info should be there. Let me know if anyone doesn't agree with my wordings especially if you think it implies things that Alex didn't mean.

I've also been meaning to put down some thoughts regarding the Skull Heart's extraterrestrial origins but I think I'll put it in the speculation thread since it's more along that line. :P

- Dahlia doesn't have any affiliation to the Medici. She is powerful enough to be the second-in-command of the Medici and loves to be their due to her deranged, violent nature, as being with them gives her a constant excuse to be violent
Just for the sake of heading off any future misunderstandings of this point, I would change the word, "affiliation," to, "true loyalty." She's clearly affiliated with the Medici in that she performs many tasks for them, but her loyalty is only to her own insane need to cause pain.

Just for the sake of heading off any future misunderstandings of this point, I would change the word, "affiliation," to, "true loyalty." She's clearly affiliated with the Medici in that she performs many tasks for them, but her loyalty is only to her own insane need to cause pain.
Very good point, thanks! I've edited the first post. Let me know if you spot anything else.

When she's done killing Annie.
Thanks for confirming Dahlia will never happen.

- In the canon story, it takes 3-4 people to defeat Skullgirl Marie, and Marie isn't even a good Skullgirl
zePlfSz.png

and Marie isn't even a good Skullgirl
7WTJFaZ.jpg
Sorry, I just find it fascinating that Marie is considered a weak Skullgirl. Terrifying to to think what a stronger Skullgirl would be like.

This means Annie is stronger than at least 4 people.

As a Skullgirl did Nancy ever touch Canopian soil or was her attack mostly situated in what is now No Man's Land?

As a Skullgirl did Nancy ever touch Canopian soil or was her attack mostly situated in what is now No Man's Land?
According to my own record under Squigly's section, she was in another land at the time so her power didn't extend to the Canopy Kingdom's dead-and-buried.

If I have to do a slight speculation, Nancy would have known that she was slowly turning into the Skullgirl near that time so probably tried to locate herself to where she would cause the least damage.

Character votes were wrong, though

Nancy was definitely much stronger than Marie and Selene. Umbrella has potential for some sort of super-Skullgirl though.

Painwheel probably has some super skullgirl potential too

Well, it has been stipulated that Nancy is an exceptionally powerful Skullgirl and Marie a weak one, so the ranking I guess would go Nancy > Selene > Marie. However, Marie has been able to hold off being completely corrupted by the Skull Heart for a while through sheer willpower, so that must count for something.

I guess she doesn't make a very good Skullgirl but she'd be a pretty good Green Lantern.

But, she's already dead. Doesn't that mean she'd be a black lantern?

That entire arc was pretty dumb though.

Another thing to consider is the raw power, exceptional variety of Skull Girly powers and Marie's will.

In terms of raw power and versatility of SG powers, Marie may be the weakest because of her fantastical will, thus cutting her off from some of the nastier abilities.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Wasn't Selene exceptionally weak as well?

Wasn't Selene exceptionally weak as well?
As far as I know it only took a walking tin can and a little girl to take her out so yeah I guess.

A gust of wind hit Selene and she just died.

Reactions: ACreationist
Well whichever Skullgirl Lorenzo "fought and didn't run away from" couldn't have been very tough, right? I mean sure Lorenzo might have been dangerous but I doubt even in his prime he'd be as tough as even Marie, Eliza or even Filia.
I'm assuming the Skullgirl he fought was Selene, so I'm putting that in the "Selene is worst Skullgirl" pile.

I mean sure Lorenzo might have been dangerous but I doubt even in his prime he'd be as tough as even Marie, Eliza or even Filia.
You shouldn't underestimate people, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Lorenzo was a powerful fighter.
In fact I expect it, normal humans can do a lot more than you think. That is if he is normal.

I was under the impression that "power of the skullheart" is directly proportional to how much free will is given up.

Marie, being probably the most willful skullgirl in a long time, is so focused on her revengeance that the skullheart can't just take her over and max out her abilities. Which is why Double is getting tired of her and decides to look for a replacement host before she is even defeated by a counterattack.

Last edited:
You shouldn't underestimate people, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Lorenzo was a powerful fighter.
In fact I expect it, normal humans can do a lot more than you think. That is if he is normal.
Well I imagine the Life Gem boosts his fighting power...
... wait a minute this isn't really about Lorenzo is it?
You've got Beowulf on the brain.
I am not underestimating him, to be honest I purposely worded that in such a way as to come across as less of a Lorenzo fan boy.
But don't tell anyone.

I was under the impression that "power of the skullheart" is directly proportional to how much free will is given up.
Marie, being probably the most willful skullgirl in a long time, is so focused on her revengeance that the skullheart can't just take her over and max out her abilities. Which is why Double is getting tried of her and decides to look for a replacement host before she is even defeated by a counterattack.
I'm totally on board with this.
Personally, I wonder if Selene's love for her family (and Nancy's for that matter) is a more 'powerful cause' to devote oneself to than hateful revenge? "Love is stronger than hate" and all that cheese. Making for stronger Skullgirls than Marie.
Although on the flipside I imagine a lot of Marie's power comes from having less to shackle her to her humanity, I mean save for Peacock (who she hasn't seen in a long time and could even be dead as far as she knows) she doesn't have anyone she loves or anything she values.[/spoiler]

I think it just has to do with how many corpses The Skullgirl can collect. Marie had the catacombs of New Meridian. Selene had a room full of murdered partygoer's. Nancy had the collective casualties of world war lasting over ten years.
The nature of the wish could be an element too. Also how strong the person was originally.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Oh oh, I know!

"I wish to have a killer party"

Ok I'll give that to ya, it made me laugh harder then I thought.

Last edited:
I am more amused by these fake wishes than I would like to admit.
Fake?