• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The canon info thread - what we know

No, those are humanoids with some animal-like features (e.g. pointed cat ears or gills).

Furries are animals with some humanoid features (e.g. ability to speak or smile, upright walking).

shh
shhhh
just accept your fate

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
No, those are humanoids with some animal-like features (e.g. pointed cat ears or gills).

Furries are animals with some humanoid features (e.g. ability to speak or smile, upright walking).
I should direct you to Eliza's bodyguards, Albace and Horace.
(Also, most Dagonians count as furries to, Ms Fortune so far seems to be the only Kenomimi.)

Reactions: Denizen
They're all called "ferals". Nadia, Albus, Horace, etc. I think only the fish people have the specific denomination of "Dagonians".
It's not like I was saying "brb, pretending something entirely unprecedented should be canon" or anything.
We know Fortune has cat ears, tail, claws and fangs but what of others? Look at Maplecrest's dog man in sweater; that looks full blown furry to me.

I think we discussed species in the SGverse before. There's humans, ferals, dagonians (if you don't consider them a "feral variation"), gigans and I've no clue what else but Deep V and some NPCs that look like archetypal demons always made me wonder about beings that "transcend the material coil".

EDIT: Water'd
Damn you Haohmaru theme for leading my focus astray!

Deep V and some NPCs that look like archetypal demons always made me wonder about beings that "transcend the material coil".
No demons in the skullverse. Word of God.

No demons in the skullverse. Word of God.

Parasites are essentially the closest thing to what they'd consider "demons", in a sense. There are ferals who have horns, like Patty (goat-like, I assume?) but no actual satyr-looking dudes with pitchforks or anything like that.

Also, yeah, hate to break it to you but ferals pretty much cover every aspect of the "furry" spectrum. There's the "ears and tail" variety all the way up to the "stands on two legs but is otherwise an animal" variety.

Is there a limited amount of feral species at all? It doesn't seem like it. There's tons of different kinds of Dagonians, felines, then there's the dog ferals in some of the backgrounds, the goats like Patty, there's a bird feral bartender in one of Alex's arts, there's even a giraffe guy visible in the Innsmouth stage...

Reactions: Balder
Albus?
Horace??????????????????
525286_560967183943249_2081742017_n.jpg

Albus?
Horace??????????????????
tumblr_mlync0aj6O1rip8ybo1_1280.jpg

So what's the deal with Deep Violet? Is Pazuzu a living weapon that causes Ms V to change her physical appearance when wielded?

EDIT: oh you have got to be kidding me. (ºAº)
Me and my goddamned "proof read it 50 times".

So what's the deal with Deep Violet? Is Pazuzu a living weapon or parasite that causes Ms V to change her physical appearance when wielded?

EDIT: oh you have got to be kidding me. (ºAº)
Me and my goddamned "proof read it 50 times".
Hahaha, go hard or go home, Balder.

But yeha, confirmed recently that Pazuzu's Whip influences her.

Reactions: Balder
Mine English not very good. Have to write slow. <:3

Just browsed the Wikia to look at the other characters and the NPCs. I guess everyone falls into either human, feral or dagonian (I don't know if this encompasses all anthropomorphic sea-creature or just the fish types), as long as we chalk all the horny folks as ferals.

I guess that leaves Claire as the last mystery (and whatever the heck the Trinity and Double are).
580e380d8e1926acde44b77ceed77e6c-d4wjn51.jpg

Mine English not very good. Have to write slow. <:3

Just browsed the Wikia to look at the other characters and the NPCs. I guess everyone falls into either human, feral or dagonian (I don't know if this encompasses all anthropomorphic sea-creature or just the fish types), as long as we chalk all the horny folks as ferals.

I guess that leaves Claire as the last mystery (and whatever the heck the Trinity and Double are).

I'm still legit curious about can-dude on the left over there.
Lookit his face.
What's he up to?

Yeah yeah but are there ponies?

There should totally be ponies.

Also, yeah, hate to break it to you but ferals pretty much cover every aspect of the "furry" spectrum. There's the "ears and tail" variety all the way up to the "stands on two legs but is otherwise an animal" variety. Is there a limited amount of feral species at all? It doesn't seem like it. There's tons of different kinds of Dagonians, felines, then there's the dog ferals in some of the backgrounds, the goats like Patty, there's a bird feral bartender in one of Alex's arts, there's even a giraffe guy visible in the Innsmouth stage...
Albus/Horace etc are fine. I'm specifically referring to weirdly sexualized furries. You know what I'm talking about.

Gives me the heeby jeebies, man.

Just FYI, Dagonians are ferals. "Dagonian" is just the catchall term for any feral who resembles an aquatic creature. So it covers not only fish people, but also mollusc people, whale people, crustacean people, etc.

And yeah, I know what you mean by weirdly sexualized. The fetish-y kind. SG's ferals pretty much all seem to be pretty far out of that realm, at least. Most of them are more cartoony than anything.

Guys, I have something on my mind. One of Double's quotes says "You dare stand before me, betrayer?" and she says it to Cerebella only. I find that weird. So I have 2 speculations: either there are some other things we don't know about Cerebella or that line was meant for Valentine since she is a double-crosser.

Yeah yeah but are there ponies?

There should totally be ponies.
F3TH6R4.png

Close enough.

Close enough.
Please don't tell me somebody honestly paid $1000 to get their My Little Pony fancharacter into Skullgirls.

...Somebody honestly paid $1000 to get their My Little Pony fancharacter into Skullgirls.

I mean, hey, at least that's $1000 more for Lab Zero... but now I have to look at that while I'm playing. And I had such hope for the Glass Canopy, too...

Reactions: ACreationist
Please don't tell me somebody honestly paid $1000 to get their My Little Pony fancharacter into Skullgirls.

...Somebody honestly paid $1000 to get their My Little Pony fancharacter into Skullgirls.

I mean, hey, at least that's $1000 more for Lab Zero... but now I have to look at that while I'm playing. And I had such hope for the Glass Canopy, too...

Yeah, not like this would be a totally unpredictable and unsurprising thing considering the Fluttershy/Umbrella palette and the fact that they promise the use of the Z Engine to a MLP fan-fighter.

Yeah, not like this would be a totally unpredictable and unsurprising thing considering the Fluttershy/Umbrella palette and the fact that they promise the use of the Z Engine to a MLP fan-fighter.

Fair enough. It went toward funding some awesome characters, so hey. I just wish it wasn't so... blatant, you know? I'm getting secondhand embarrassment just knowing it's there.

It would have been nice if they'd made the character design rules a little stricter for submitted OCs so they wouldn't, you know, look like a bunch of random unfitting OCs thrown in the foreground of the stage... but I suppose the devs did the best they could with what they got. Only so much you can work with when you get a bunch of really goofy looking characters

If the pony one bothers you, just consider him a feral. We have Lab Zero-made characters that look like bipedal dogs, cats, birds, fishes, what have you. A horse feral isn't all that far off.

Reactions: LKArtillery
Most of the OCs are able to fit pretty well in Skullgirls because of the nature of its universe.

Though I agree with LKArtillary in this case, it's just a little too weird. If Alex Ahad were to design a Horse Feral character it wouldn't look anything like Admiral Mecha Pony up there.

Last edited:
He isn't an admiral but a staff sergeant judging by the insignia. Don't see anything mecha about him either.

End point is, he's not going away, nor are any other guest NPCs. Little is gained by concentrating on the details Lab Zero might have designed differently in them. Instead, I'd just look at how in general they do fit in the Skullgirls universe and call it a day.

I really hope that the person who asked for that dumb pony is Broni Friendzoni.

Fair enough. It went toward funding some awesome characters, so hey. I just wish it wasn't so... blatant, you know? I'm getting secondhand embarrassment just knowing it's there.

It would have been nice if they'd made the character design rules a little stricter for submitted OCs so they wouldn't, you know, look like a bunch of random unfitting OCs thrown in the foreground of the stage... but I suppose the devs did the best they could with what they got. Only so much you can work with when you get a bunch of really goofy looking characters

Here look at my awesome NPCs instead and speculate.
(One on the left is now in Glass canopy)
MinariaandSiva_zps8ddc9874.png

The NPC themselves, I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the vast majority them as most are just plain looking folks (human or feral) just chilling. In 80 there's about 3 or 4 I tell myself the world would be a better place without them.
What does bug me about 'em is how they are distributed, all lined up OC Window Shopping-style. IMHO, that is what makes them clash so much with other stage NPCs. However, I do understand the reasoning for that and why Lab Zero did not scatter them around the stage as it would be a massive (and we have to admit, justified) shitstorm around "Why is my character in the back and the other in the front? I paid just as much!"

Now, I am not saying Admiral Mecha Pony should be put behind Panzerfaust...but Admiral Mecha Pony should be put behind Panzerfaust.

I'm calling you two Admiral Mecha Denizen and Admiral Mecha Balder from now on.

Ooh, what about me? Can I be Admiral Mecha Beat now?

I'm not even joking, actually call me that.

Reactions: Muro
Really sorry that I haven't updated the first posts yet. Been really busy the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, just letting you guys know that my Skype call has finally been scheduled for this Friday, so I'm gonna send in my questions by Wednesday. If anyone else has any questions to ask Alex then PM asap. :)

Really sorry that I haven't updated the first posts yet. Been really busy the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, just letting you guys know that my Skype call has finally been scheduled for this Friday, so I'm gonna send in my questions by Wednesday. If anyone else has any questions to ask Alex then PM asap. :)

Sweet!
Just curious though, could you post the question you have so far (unless you already did)?

Reactions: LKArtillery

I think that I speak for the Minette fans when I ask, could you inquire about her design. Namely, how much is actual clothing and how much is natural scale? Best example being her multi-layered skirt.

Don't over think this, it's something that recently came up in her unreleased character thread.

Never mind, I just went through the thread and some one already asked that once.

Last edited:

Oh snap yes yes yeeeeees

I'm going to ask some of my friends for any questions they have too and send em all in as one big list, if that's ok? Aaa I love it when these happen I'm so EXCITED * u *

Sweet!
Just curious though, could you post the question you have so far (unless you already did)?
I haven't cleaned up the list yet, sorry. ): I'll post it later today on this thread but I'll probably send it off right after that. I'll make sure there are no repeat questions though so if you can think of anything just send them to me!

I want to ask a question but I feel like its to big of a question for the bit of story we have now

But I'll probably send it in anyway
Yup, don't worry about what questions you send it (unless it has absolutely nothing to do with SG). Alex can reject anything he doesn't want to answer, and you might be surprised about what he's willing to say!

Although just to remind everyone, I'll be "ranking" the questions I ask in terms of how interested I am in the answers, so if we go over one hour I might be leaving off some questions. Looking at the list I have right now though we should be able to go through everything. It's not too long.

Damn, I missed this thread's updates! Just when I thought we could learn about what special attributes Dagonians have other than being, well, fishmen.

You're doing God's work Chrono_Tata, thanks for helping us all with the info you get!

So yeah, I just got an email from Brian that Alex is actually out of town this Friday, so my call has been pushed to the next Friday orz.

Good news is that gives you guys a bit more time to send me questions. :P I'm gonna aim to close submissions and send in the questions by this Sunday so that gives Alex some time to prepare his answers. Keep'em coming in the meantime guys!