• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The canon info thread - what we know

Turns out I have to work this whole weekend so I'm not sure if I could sort out the questions by Sunday. ): In any case, I'll be closing question submissions by Sunday so I don't get swamped with stuff I have to do.

Anyway, I put all the questions I've received so far in a Google Docs and removed some redundant or duplicate questions. I still haven't cleaned them up properly though. Hopefully I can find some time to do that this weekend.

docs.google.com/document/d/1jxHXkZqQbFM2Tqpg1NtJMdVlyCtnlAVej0vcGCtLIuI/edit?usp=docslist_api

EDIT: Forum is trying to be clever by automatically embedding the document and screwing it up. ):<

Last edited:
Turns out I have to work this whole weekend so I'm not sure if I could sort out the questions by Sunday. ): In any case, I'll be closing question submissions by Sunday so I don't get swamped with stuff I have to do.

Anyway, I put all the questions I've received so far in a Google Docs and removed some redundant or duplicate questions. I still haven't cleaned them up properly though. Hopefully I can find some time to do that this weekend.

docs.google.com/document/d/1jxHXkZqQbFM2Tqpg1NtJMdVlyCtnlAVej0vcGCtLIuI/edit?usp=docslist_api

EDIT: Forum is trying to be clever by automatically embedding the document and screwing it up. ):<
Isn't Ms Fortune's full name Nadia Fortune?

Reactions: Denizen
Isn't Ms Fortune's full name Nadia Fortune?
It is, people need to learn the lore before asking questions.

The Wulf Pack is currently compiling a list of questions so watch out for that Chrono.

It is, people need to learn the lore before asking questions.

The Wulf Pack is currently compiling a list of questions so watch out for that Chrono.
I need to go through the list properly and pick out the useless ones, anyone want to help?

Reactions: LKArtillery
I'm curious how much of Big Band is left, I wonder if they just stuffed his broken body into an ironlung or if they had to strip away some of him like Robocop?
Alex showed a sketch of how much of Ben is left under the iron lung at the AoD (I think it was at AoD?) panel, which was that he was basically just a head and torso, but he's since said that it's not canon anymore and there's more of him left then what was shown. Maybe we could get another sketch for this lol.

Also good point about Fortune. I need to clean that up. But yes please go through it and see if there are any redundant questions. :)

I put all the questions I've received so far in a Google Docs and removed some redundant or duplicate questions.
The second last one in the first page seems oddly familiar. I don't know why... :3

But no Albus and Horace? <:3

(It's all good. Everything's gravy, as they - whoever those might be - say.)

Righty o, @Chrono_Tata

• Physical appearance of the Avery Unit?
Isn't the Avery Unit the bird companion Peacock has?
  • Aeon and Venus the only sisters?
I'm pretty sure they are, there's no other record of any others. Besides, it's the Trinity, Triad, three.

• Valentine can be seen doing things that a normal human would never survive (skin ripping off, etc). Does she have some form of actual super powers or modifications, or is that attributed to, "ninja skills?"
Valentine is a pretty average human, has some experimentation upon her that caused some skin condition and eye alterations. (I think?) I'm pretty certain it's ninja stuff.

• Why is Panzerfaust so big?
Panzerfaust is a super solider and originally in another of Alex's projects, Vulcan Heel. However his story changed when moved to Skullgirls and he is heavily experimented on, causing abnormalities.

• Do any of the currently-revealed characters hail from the Chess Kingdom?
You have this question twice. "Are there any revealed character of chess heritage, and if so, which ones and in what ways?"

Okay, I think I picked out all of the questions.
Feel free to correct.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
I feel like a lot of these questions could be at least partially answered with existing lore. Also, many could be combined into single, more coherent questions. (That includes several of the ones my friends and I came up with, we're not immune haha). If I can find the time I'll try to do that before Sunday comes.

EDIT: I say leave the Avery Unit question in. It's never been explicitly stated whether Avery the bird is actually the Avery Unit Parasite, or if he's a creation of it like the rest of Peacock's gang. It'd be nice to have some clarity.

EDIT EDIT: I copied and reformatted the list slightly to make it into a numbered list--this is so that it'll be easier to keep a changelog of the questions that I edit since I'm seeing a lot of redundant ones. Link is here since the forum is stupid.

Last edited:
  • How long has Annie's show been on TV? Do people know that she is immortal because of a Skullheart wish?
  • Alex has said many times that people don't like parasite hosts. Does the general public not know about Sagan or do they make an exception in Annie's case?
According to Annie's character description, "Though what the public learns about the real Annie might surprise them." This most likely means that Annie keeps her true identity secret.

Last edited:
  • Also, this one's small, but does Skullgirl-ification change your hair color along with the eyes and skull decor? (I've noticed some people think Marie's hair was brown before she became the Skullgirl due to the lighting in a certain scene in Double's storymode.)
Marie's hair was in fact brown before she turned into the Skullgirl.

I kinda want to know more about some characters personalities, like Andy, Roxie and Ottomo
Andy cause I just like that guy
Roxie cause there's not much there to even guess on. She does machines that's all i know
Ottomo cause he's a villian so was he like was he always bad? Did life make him this way? Does he regret anything he did?

That's what i wanna know

• Also, this one's small, but does Skullgirl-ification change your hair color along with the eyes and skull decor? (I've noticed some people think Marie's hair was brown before she became the Skullgirl due to the lighting in a certain scene in Double's storymode.)
Marie's hair was in fact brown before she turned into the Skullgirl.

Are you entirely certain about this? This is actually my question, so I'd like to see a source on this answer.

Are you entirely certain about this?
Yeah I'm 100% sure, it's not the lighting of the scene fooling people, Marie's hair was brown.

Yeah I'm 100% sure, it's not the lighting of the scene fooling people, Marie's hair was brown.
Yeah, every other colour seems to be barely touched.
ac8172cde9b6e10f035956d6d61caadc.png

It's just a light brown I assume, because not even the white's that bad. If the lightest colour is that untainted, it's pretty sure a light brown.

Reactions: Denizen
That's hardly convincing. Marie's hair isn't pure white to begin with--it's more of a muted shade of mushroom grey, and the scene is both clearly shown taking place in the late afternoon as well as being bathed in the light of the Skull Heart. I trust color theory moreso than the eyedropper tool, and to me, that simply looks like a differently shaded version of Marie's normal hair color.

And assume is an evil, evil word. When we're talking asking canon questions, don't confirm or deny things based on assumption.

That's hardly convincing. Marie's hair isn't pure white to begin with--it's more of a muted shade of mushroom grey, and the scene is both clearly shown taking place in the late afternoon as well as being bathed in the light of the Skull Heart. I trust color theory moreso than the eyedropper tool, and to me, that simply looks like a differently shaded version of Marie's normal hair color.

And assume is an evil, evil word. When we're talking asking canon questions, don't confirm or deny things based on assumption.
The lighting seems to have little effect, as I said on the white. Which would show any coloured light the best, if anything, it's just a bit darker then usual, thus light brown.

Just a reminder that any questions should be sent to my PM. I can keep track of them easier that way. :)

Anyway, about the Avery Unit thing, that was my own question. I don't think the Avery Unit is the same thing as Avery the bird, and I imagine that the actual Parasite was something that had to be grafted onto Peacock.

Also, there are a lot of questions with reasonable answers (like if Squigly have met Parasoul in the past) but unless the answer has been canonically confirmed they are still valid questions. I'll probably move them to the lower priority question pool though.

But yeah, a lot of the questions need to be rewritten a bit to be more concise.

Last edited:
This is turning into a pigheaded bickering session, but for comparison's sake, here's Marie's normal sprite versus the previously posted portrait. There is a significant difference between her portrait in normal lighting versus that image.

mariecomparison.png

Anyway, this little argument is the entire reason I want to ask the question, which is why I'm insisting. I want a concrete answer as to whether I am in the wrong--Marie has brown hair, and the lighting in that image is uncolored--or others are, and the colors in that image are a little off. I don't mind being wrong, but I want to hear it from the guy who actually made the character, since the opportunity presents itself.

"What was Marie's original hair color" is a 5-second question, anyway. I'm not sure why you guys are so adamant on removing it.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
Pretty reasonable argument

I'm still going with the 'it's just a bit darker' sentiment, but I guess we'll know in due time.
I just don't see what else it could be aside from a light brunette or a dirty blonde.

I'm still going with the 'it's just a bit darker' sentiment, but I guess we'll know in due time.
I just don't see what else it could be aside from a light brunette or a dirty blonde.
He wants a hex value.

He wants a hex value.

She. And did you miss the part where I said I don't trust the eyedropper tool? C'mon, that was like two posts ago.

Anyway, making good progress editing the questions list down a bit. Hopefully my efforts will help--I'm trying to follow Chrono's sentiment of keeping questions that deal with general curiosity about characters. Like I said, just because something can be assumed doesn't mean we actually know, and that's the fun part about asking.

Also, it's pretty funny but now that I look there are like a million versions of the same questions about Leduc and Hive P: Nice to see people love em so much aww

Reasonable but still wrong, but I guess the question should stay.

How about we move on from this and ask ourselves one important question, are there any other questions that should be omitted? If not then I'm going back to The Wulf Den because there is a severe lack of Beowulf questions and The Pack needs to correct this immediately.

Chrono by PM do you mean you want us to start a Conversation and send you a list?

How did Peacock and Marie become friends? How long were they slaves for? Also, how long have they been a cyborg and the Skullgirl, respectively?

It's just the last part of this question, but Alex said in the last Skype call that Marie became the Skullgirl in late summer and the game takes place in early fall meaning that she's been the Skullgirl for a couple of months.

Reasonable but still wrong, but I guess the question should stay.

How about we move on from this and ask ourselves one important question, are there any other questions that should be omitted? If not then I'm going back to The Wulf Den because there is a severe lack of Beowulf questions and The Pack needs to correct this immediately.

Chrono by PM do you mean you want us to start a Conversation and send you a list?

There are a couple small things in there that I know have been answered for sure already that I cut in my edits, such as "was Big Band originally designed to be an NPC". I'm pretty much only cutting the stuff I'm absolutely positively certain about, though.

Chrono seems to have a good head on his shoulders about what questions to prioritize, so I wouldn't recommend anyone getting their panties in a twist over it, anyway. Big important lore mysteries and such come first, sillier questions can wait.

It's just the last part of this question, but Alex said in the last Skype call that Marie became the Skullgirl in late summer and the game takes place in early fall meaning that she's been the Skullgirl for a couple of months.

Oh, derp, that was my friend's question. Wow, go me! I told her that myself and I still completely forgot to edit it out. Thanks.

She. And did you miss the part where I said I don't trust the eyedropper tool? C'mon, that was like two posts ago.

Anyway, making good progress editing the questions list down a bit. Hopefully my efforts will help--I'm trying to follow Chrono's sentiment of keeping questions that deal with general curiosity about characters. Like I said, just because something can be assumed doesn't mean we actually know, and that's the fun part about asking.

Also, it's pretty funny but now that I look there are like a million versions of the same questions about Leduc and Hive P: Nice to see people love em so much aww
Oh, sorry. I was just joking.

Yup that's correct.

Anyway, I'm planning to prioritise the questions that have interesting implications but unlikely to directly spoil future plot revelations. Obviously, Alex would probably reject questions that are too spoilery anyway but I want to push the interesting stuff up high for him to see first. :p

Another factor that would affect my prioritisation would be the conciseness of the questions since I could go through short questions with short answers more quickly than long questions that potentially require longer answers. The more questions answered the better.

I'm also gonna be biased and prioritise my own questions and questions that I personally find interesting. :3

• What exactly is "soul contamination", anyway? Does it have any noticeable effects, physically or mentally? Is it only caused by Synthetic Parasites?
This is my favorite question on the current list, please do me a saolid and make sure this one stays.

• What exactly is "soul contamination", anyway? Does it have any noticeable effects, physically or mentally? Is it only caused by Synthetic Parasites?
This is my favorite question on the current list, please do me a saolid and make sure this one stays.
It's definitely top-of-the-list material.

You're welcome. B) (Actually it was a friend of mine who brought that up to me, so give him the credit.)

Anyway--so here's the revised version of the questions list I've done thus far.

Basically just moved around questions that are either the same or can be combined, and deleted questions with solid answers. Also made some grammatical and spelling corrections because I'm a prick.

Changes:
Edited question 1 to be worded more coherently.

Removed question 2 regarding if Andy is based on Stanley. Alex said on stream that Andy Anvil is based on Peacock's perception of Stanley Whitefin; this answer can be found in the first post of the lore thread. (Personally I'd recommend changing this question to be more broad and ask about her gang's "inspirations", if any, in general).

Edited question 4 regarding Labs 5 and 6 to be worded more coherently.

Edited question 5 regarding the Avery Unit to be more specific and coherent.

Removed question 6, "Aeon and Venus the only sisters?" due to it having been answered in this thread and lore in general. We know that the Trinity is comprised of only three members; the sisters Venus and Aeon, and the Great Mother. This is why it's called the Trinity.

Removed Ms. Fortune from question 10 as we already know her full name: Nadia Fortune. Are we 100% sure that Cerebella's name is Cerebella Medici? If so, remove it; if not, leave it in. (It might be good to add more characters to this question!)

Removed part of question 14, specifically "Was he (Big Band) only designed as an NPC to fill out the background of Lab 8?" Alex has already answered this in a lore interview; Big Band has always been a planned character, not an "ascended extra" such as Stanley. Leaving in the rest of the question because the timeline of his character is unknown.

Moved question 18 regarding the Chess Kingdom to question 28, seeing as how it's more relevant to question 28 and is also redundant to question 52, which has also been moved to question 28.

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time over the weekend either, so I wasn't able to sort through all of 'em. There's still quite a few regarding Hive and Leduc in particular that need to be sorted through. Oh, well. Of course, these are only my edits, but hopefully they're useful.

From Double's model sheet:

"Double is a "shadow" of the big bad, Lamia. This particular head piece is from [||||]'s distinct crown shape."

While we're talking model sheets, has there ever been a discussion on Peacock's model sheet? There's some pretty wild stuff mentioned in there, like having a huge hole in her back, and her machinery being metal yet bendable.

IIRC Big Band's model sheet mentions that the metal pipes on his breathing apparatus are also bendable. Either it's just a handwave for cartoony physics or Lab 8 is developing some materials with seriously interesting properties. :P

Removed Ms. Fortune from question 10 as we already know her full name: Nadia Fortune. Are we 100% sure that Cerebella's name is Cerebella Medici? If so, remove it; if not, leave it in. (It might be good to add more characters to this question!)
I remember that Alex confirmed that Cerebella is just her stage name, not her real name. I highly doubt that the Medici would give her their surname after "adopting" her.

And thanks so much for helping with the question rewrite! I've been ridiculously busy since Friday so I haven't had time to do much of it. This will save me a ton of work.

Chrono added a question of mine, so I figured to say it here:

Does Vice-Versa have a secondary ability to not have its carrying load not affect Cerebella when she wears it, or does she herself have some kind of super strength, like the elephants in her story?

Finally got around to sorting out the list properly and sent them to Brian to pass on to Alex. I know I meant to send this way sooner but I've been really busy with work. ):

EDIT: If you see your questions on low priority list, it's not so much that I don't find the question interesting. Questions on low priority are usually questions that I think would be too spoiler-y, have long and open-ended answers or will eventually be answered anyway (like the height questions which would be answered once LZ release those characters' bios). Okay, a few of the questions I put there I thought were just a bit silly. :P

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone's questions. PM me if you think I missed yours and I'll try to send a follow up email with them. There are a ton of questions now an I'm editing this half-asleep so I could have very well missed a few.

Man, now I'm excited. It seems like quite a lot of questions, haha... I wonder if they'll all be gotten to.

Oh, by the way, do you have any plans to record/stream this at all?

Man, now I'm excited. It seems like quite a lot of questions, haha... I wonder if they'll all be gotten to.

Oh, by the way, do you have any plans to record/stream this at all?
Yeah lol. A huge amount of Beowulf questions flooded in at the last minute. :^)

I'm looking into recording it but I don't think my internet is up to streaming it. ): I probably have too many questions to respond to the stream in any case lol.

Yeah lol. A huge amount of Beowulf questions flooded in at the last minute. :^)

I'm looking into recording it but I don't think my internet is up to streaming it. ): I probably have too many questions to respond to the stream in any case lol.

Hmm, gee, wonder why. Haha. Well, it would be pretty cool if you were able to record it, even just the audio! :>

So yeah, since I submitted the list late and it was pretty huge, Alex would like another week or so to prepare for the questions, so looks like the call is gonna be moved again to next week. Apologies if anyone has been waiting to get the answers today. Please be patient for another week!

Also something came up for me last night so I wouldn't have been able to do the call today anyway. Oops.