• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Canada The GirlyStyle Man Cave SkullGirls Diaries (vancouver)

GirlyStyle

Reaction score
Parasoul Fukua Double
girls-nailpolish_gal.jpg

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~ ;)

Hoping to hold at least monthlies up here in Vancouver. We have a player base locally of at least 8 people, so I figure that's enough to get things going. We will be playing at my office's

Info:

111 W. Broadway
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada.

I am primarily going to be throwing these on weekends so that out of towners can come (there are people in Victoria and in the North West States who have shown interest).

I will post dates here, and you be all like "yeah man i'm coming".

If you need a place to crash i got a nice hot couch and floor with blankets and i can breath on your neck while you sleep it will be great ignore this part.

See you there bbs >:}

Last edited:
VOLUME 1:

JANUARY 4th 20holy molly14

Confirmed :
@GirlyStyle
@.42.
@QETZL
@Skarmand + 1
@CorpseFeast
@Choose Goose (you can sleep at my place yes)
@lazertime
@axiom1
Deadfrog
Stray Reaper
Volacide
Choose Goose's Friend
2-3 peeps from Steam

Tournament Results:

1. GirlyStyle
2. Skarmand
3. Corpse Feast

VOLUME 2:
February 1st 2014

CONFIRMED COOL DUDES:

@GirlyStyle
@Skarmand
@axiom1
Volacide
Qetzl
@CorpseFeast
@lazertime
DeadFrog
@.42.
Jesshyness

TOURNAMENT RESULTS:

1. Skarmand
2. GirlyStyle
3. Corpse Feast

Last edited:
Reactions: Choose Goose
oh and setups.

if you can bring a setup maybe ya should?

oh and a stream yeah sure maybe we can stream

I'll be bringing a stick + laptop. My friend has a projector he might be able to bring, should he?

I'll probs also bring some soderz. Is Mt. Dew as mythical up there as the rumours say?

Cerebella Combo Thread.

Tumbling Run:
Run followups come out one frame faster if you input them :B::F:KK, instead of :B::F:K+P.
You don't necessarily need to press the followup button AFTER inputting tumble run. If you hold a button and input (charge):B: :F: K, the run followup matching the button held will come out. (Ex: LP + LK + MK [Held] = Pummel Horse)

Every time you see a combo ending with diamond dynamo, sLK sMP sHK x cerecopter xx diamond dynamo, feel free to go for the more optimal combo ender :
sLK cMK Titan Knuckle x cerecopter xx diamond dynamo.
Adds ~180 damage, but timings are a bit character specific.

Cerebella has a common restand from cHP where she does jLP which is a repeatable air normal over and over until she hits the floor, where she then combos into jHP for the restand.
Some people mash jLP then try and hit jHP when they hit the floor.
Some people mash jLP all the way into the floor and go into sLP.
Then there's another technique with a bit of timing that sacrifices a smidge of damage that Mr.Peck has made a video on which is very consistent once you practice it.

You can micro dash after Merry Go Rilla into cLK cMK or go straight into cLK cMP cHP which starts combos for all of the characters.
cLK cMK isn't required midscreen against Big Band, Double, Beowulf, Eliza.
It misses midscreen vs Painwheel, so use cLK cMP cHP into a different combo vs her.

An example combo would look like:

MGR
Micro Dash, cLK cMK
jMP jHK
sHP x Pummel Horse
cMP cHP
jLPx3 jHP
sLPx2 sMP sHP x Cerecopter xx Diamond Dynamo

6719 DMG
[VIDEO]
To convert off air throw hit jLP or jLK while falling which will OTG the opponent.
After hitting the OTG jLight, input cMK when you hit the floor to flip them up.

From cMK you can do any BnB you'd like that starts from cMK.

Example Combo:

Air Throw
jLK
cMK
jMP jHK
sHP x Pummel Horse
cMP cHP
jLPx3 jHP

5636 DMG
[VIDEO]
cLK cMP cHP
jMK jHK
cLK cMP cHP x Excellabella xx Diamond Dynamo

[VIDEO]
cLK cMP cHP
jMK jHK
cLK cMK
jMP jHK
cMP cHP
jLPx3 jHP

[VIDEO]
cLK cMP cHP
jMK jHK
cLK cMK
jMP jHK
sHP x Pummel Horse
cMP sHP x Run Stop

[VIDEO]
cLK cMP sHP x run stop
cLK cMK
jMP jHK
sHP x Pummel Horse
cMP cHP
jLPx3 jHP
sLPx2 sMP sHP x Cerecopter xx Diamond Dynamo (x2)

8633 damage for two Dynamo's.
Only possible if you end with opponent in the corner.

[VIDEO]
Always input kanchou HK~MK.
It won't call your assist.
Also inputting a run + run followup using 2 kicks instead of K+P will make the followup come out 1f faster.
Using HK~MK is required if you want sHP x Kanchou to combo on Big Band!

Combo 1:

cLK cMP sHP x Kanchou
cMK
jMP jHK
sHP x Pummel Horse
cMP sHP Run Stop
cLK cMP sHP x Run Stop
sLPx2 sMP sHP x Cerecopter xx Diamond Dynamo (x2 If Corner)

[VIDEO] (Universal)
8387 DMG
9444 DMG for two meters.

-

Combo 2:

cLK cMP sHP x Kanchou
cMK
jMP jHK
sHP x Pummel Horse
cMP sHP x Run Stop
sLPx2 sHK x Cerecopter xx Diamond Dynamo
sLK sMP sHP x Cerecopter xx Diamond Dynamo (x2 If Corner)

8748 DMG
9805 DMG for two meters.
Works midscreen, on everyone.
Last chain can only be done if the first super brings you close enough to the corner.

Notes :
Be wary about how far you are from your opponent when you start this combo.
Against many characters, Kanchou won't combo after sHP if you hit them from too far away, despite cMP bringing you closer to them.
Against Double, you need to either micro dash or walk forward slightly before hitting cMK, else it will whiff.
I advise taking the habit of delaying slightly sHP before kanchou. This way, cMP will bring you even closer to your opponent, giving you a better chance to get the combo.
cLK cMP cHP
jHP
sLP cMK
jMP jHK
sHP x Pummel Horse
cMP sHK x Cerecopter xx Diamond Dynamo
sLK sMP sHK x Cerecopter xx Diamond Dynamo

[VIDEO]
-

You may have some difficulties with the cMK jMP jHK. restand against Squigly. You have two solutions : either delay cMK after cLK, or delay your jump cancel (don't delay jMP after jumping, though). Both tweaks are enough on their own to make the restand easy.

cMK may whiff against Big Band depending on your timings. To solve this issue do a micro dash before cLK cMK.

It is ill-advised to do sLPx2 sMP after the jLPx3 jHP restand against Miss Fortune and Valentine. Most of the time, either the second sLP or the sMP will whiff.
It's recommended you always do cLP cMP against these characters instead. On the other hand, there is no problem using sLPx2 sMP on them after a run stop, as in the "better BnB" combo.

Playlist link for all these combos + more.

Last edited:
dope!

i don't know if you guys frank or not, but i will probably grab a case of beer.

last time i checked, we had mountain dew, but maybe those were mirages so you will want to cover your butt possibly

id like to go but not in the books this month. will try though

I got one definate "Bacon" he was at Canada cup and one maybe Hail(Satan) he is coming back from Vegas on the same day.

Hail(Satan) aka fecalfeast aka Anal Allan will be there because he needs that run back

Yo @Choose Goose are you and your buddy staying at my place or a hotel? Only reason I ask is that @Skarmand is also coming in out of town, so if you guys wanna do a hotel you three you should go in together to save money, but you are also all welcome to crash at my place.

Whatevs!

@GirlyStyle I need to check with my friend, but I'll let you know. We might also have @hlvn with us (He'll know for sure by Jan 1st), so hopefully it won't be too crowded.

@hlvn better come or else there will be some serious trouble.

Also I don't need to stay with Goose especially if he's got his bros coming, I just needed to know if the event was ending too late to ferry back home or not.

Last edited:

Also I don't need to stay with Goose especially if he's got his bros coming, I just needed to know if the event was ending too late to ferry back home or not.

I would think we will be going later then the last ferry, probe get dinner at some point and go till 12 ish or later. no time limit real whenevs we wanna stop playing

I literally went 50-5 with @mcpeanuts just to practice PW vs. Peacock for this.

I think you're gonna be okay. ~_~

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I should be able to go. It'll be cool to finally meet some of the people I've been running into on quick match the past few months.

What time is this starting? I figure I'll have to leave at around 11 to catch the bus, so the earlier start the better for me.

Edit: I play as Heisenberg on Steam btw (solo Bella)

I should be able to go. It'll be cool to finally meet some of the people I've been running into on quick match the past few months.

What time is this starting? I figure I'll have to leave at around 11 to catch the bus, so the earlier start the better for me.

Edit: I play as Heisenberg on Steam btw (solo Bella)

this will be starting at 5 pm.

yo @Choose Goose not sure if we will have enough room clearance for a projector, but worth a shot.

we will be also having a legit ST (gonna get some of the ST crew to come out as well) setup and probably a tad of SF4

@Choose Goose
@GirlyStyle

Afraid I can't make it this time around. Work vetoed the time-off since we don't technically have PTO yet.

I promise to bring S'mores and at least 4 kinds of sparkly nail polish next time.

Hey what building is the one we're playing in? I'm looking on street view now before I plan my trip, is the "Foreign electronics" building? Do we just come by and knock or go in at 5 then?

Also add one more the confirmed list, I'm bringing a friend!

He can't make it, sorry!

Last edited:
Some how this has snowballed into a big deal.
I also had another maybe from another player from Steam.
I have a car for transportation but I will have to leave around 11:45 to go to work. I will bring PC setup and a couple of sticks.

Some how this has snowballed into a big deal.
I also had another maybe from another player from Steam.
I have a car for transportation but I will have to leave around 11:45 to go to work. I will bring PC setup and a couple of sticks.

yo @QETZL was wondering if he could get a ride with his setup. do you have his contact info?

Hey what building is the one we're playing in? I'm looking on street view now before I plan my trip, is the "Foreign electronics" building? Do we just come by and knock or go in at 5 then?

Also add one more the confirmed list, I'm bringing a friend!

its right on the corner of manitoba st and broadway, favoring the side of broadway. its attached to a starbucks.

text me at 6043535994 when you are close and i will come meet you outside (door will probably be locked).

yo @QETZL was wondering if he could get a ride with his setup. do you have his contact info?

its right on the corner of manitoba st and broadway, favoring the side of broadway. its attached to a starbucks.

text me at 6043535994 when you are close and i will come meet you outside (door will probably be locked).

I sent him a message on twitter.

Reactions: GirlyStyle
Was a lot of fun.
Much thanks to Girly for hosting!
I did not get everyone's gamer tag post them here to play online.

I'll try and be there whenever you set something up as long as it's not a school day.
It should be a lot easier to make it now that I know where everything is.

I'll try and be there whenever you set something up as long as it's not a school day.
It should be a lot easier to make it now that I know where everything is.

dope! yeah probably weekends only. how was getting home? i didn't know ferries ran that late

how was getting home? i didn't know ferries ran that late

I stayed at a hotel for the night, went home the next day, I'd have to leave an hour or two after I arrived I think to take the last ferry :P

Shoutouts to errybody who showed up (esp the keyboard warrior @Skarmand and the bearded warrior something satan)

For anyone who's on the fence about showing up to this, don't be. Party King (GirlyStyle) is 60% non-sketch and he'll take you to a 24h Pho joint and then back to his place where you can sleep on the finest couch in all of Canada before making the 5 hour drive of shame back home.

Choose Goose is West Canada? I never knew.
If you haven't joined it already, you should joing the Skullgirls Canada steam group.

I'm actually in Oregon, but the drive from Portland to Vancouver seemed doable!

Just wanna say thanks again to GirlyStyle for organizing this whole thing. I had a lot of fun. Did anyone else like how nobody played Fortune? I sure did :)

To anyone who didn't get my steam profile, here it is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/axiom1

(I'm Heisenberg btw, not sure why I didn't make that my forum name)

I didn't get the Steam id of the solo Parasoul guy, so send me an invite if you're reading this (sorry, I forgot your name).

yo straight up if anyone just ever wants to chill and play sg give a shout out, we don't have to wait a month we can be like friends and stuff

I didn't get the Steam id of the solo Parasoul guy, so send me an invite if you're reading this (sorry, I forgot your name).

That's mah bro Anthony, his steam name should be 'Temp'

yo straight up if anyone just ever wants to chill and play sg give a shout out, we don't have to wait a month we can be like friends and stuff

We can be... friends?! What is this frightening concept?

Lol, but in all seriousness I would be down to play some Skullgirls this weekend. I'm free anytime basically.