• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Misadventures of Peacock!

Should i make a parody or a series origin story?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saxton Hale

President and ceo of Mann co.
Reaction score
PSN
Circustricksterl
Valentine Peacock Cerebella
Sup guys I'm thinking of making a skullgirls comic but not quite sure what kind to make a parody series called skulgurlz or an origins type story for each character of the series. What do all of you think i should do?

A parody strip could be fun as long as you keep it simple. If you're really passionate about doing an origin comic though, then I think you should actually try to approach the Labzero art team first. Show them your plot ideas and sketches (develop them well, have page thumbnails ready), and just see if they're interested in your story too. I think we all kinda know that Alex and crew would like to do SG comics one day, so maybe they would be able fit your work into their future plans. (ohh btw, don't expect any $$$)

OTHERWISE, I say focus on your own personal stories! If you have the time, just come up with a six page short and roll with it. It's always good to have more original work under your belt.

Parodies are always the safer option, a lot of people frown upon fan fiction (although if the comic was done really well with nice art far less people would be deterred). Personally I've voted for the parody, but do whichever you really want to do, if it's good then it'll be popular regardless of what you go for.

Moved to the Art forum as it's both Skullgirls related and art related, so really shouldn't be in Off Topic :P

Hm...I remember there were a few guys interested in doing a few comic shorts a while back but I don't know if they're working on them at the moment. It was all supposed to be a fan collab.

I've toyed with the idea of making an 'Annie and Sagan Adventures' comic where it starts off like they are filming an episode of their children's show, which is loosely based off of real events that happened in the past. They'd be acting parts out and the other actors would be wearing cheesy costumes and there would be fun props, but then Annie would have a flashback of what actually happened and then the comic would continue in a more serious tone for the rest of the episode. So, maybe the real event that happened in one episode of the show actually took place 400-500 years ago.

I've been worried about breaking the lore so I wanted something separate that could be built upon. Since Annie and Sagan had so many adventures and battles with many different skullgirls throughout the ages, maybe fabricating one or two up wouldn't hurt too much.

The first episode I thought up would take place in a European landscape during winter. So, there would be all these cold, snowy hills and Annie and Sagan would be traveling with a few companions (mostly soldiers assigned to her by the royalty). They'd be looking for a witch that was rumored to be living near a remote village. Supposedly this witch was the next Skullgirl, but things wouldn't be as they seemed.

Also, Annie actually wouldn't have a sword yet. She'd have this old hand-axe that would break over the course of the episode and then would be replaced by an over-sized war hammer or vice versa (No, not Vice Versa). She'd also be wearing a green, rugged fur cloak and attire appropriate for the era but she would still have her eyepatch. I've wondered if I should keep her pigtails too or just try a different hairstyle, but we'll see if I ever get around to doing this.

The problem is I don't know what Annie's personality is like. There's so little we know, so I don't want to screw up the most important part about her.

Good luck with your comic though, and I hope it turns out awesome.

Hm...I remember there were a few guys interested in doing a few comic shorts a while back but I don't know if they're working on them at the moment. It was all supposed to be a fan collab.

I've toyed with the idea of making an 'Annie and Sagan Adventures' comic where it starts off like they are filming an episode of their children's show, which is loosely based off of real events that happened in the past. They'd be acting parts out and the other actors would be wearing cheesy costumes and there would be fun props, but then Annie would have a flashback of what actually happened and then the comic would continue in a more serious tone for the rest of the episode. So, maybe the real event that happened in one episode of the show actually took place 400-500 years ago.

I've been worried about breaking the lore so I wanted something separate that could be built upon. Since Annie and Sagan had so many adventures and battles with many different skullgirls throughout the ages, maybe fabricating one or two up wouldn't hurt too much.

The first episode I thought up would take place in a European landscape during winter. So, there would be all these cold, snowy hills and Annie and Sagan would be traveling with a few companions (mostly soldiers assigned to her by the royalty). They'd be looking for a witch that was rumored to be living near a remote village. Supposedly this witch was the next Skullgirl, but things wouldn't be as they seemed.

Also, Annie actually wouldn't have a sword yet. She'd have this old hand-axe that would break over the course of the episode and then would be replaced by an over-sized war hammer or vice versa (No, not Vice Versa). She'd also be wearing a green, rugged fur cloak and attire appropriate for the era but she would still have her eyepatch. I've wondered if I should keep her pigtails too or just try a different hairstyle, but we'll see if I ever get around to doing this.

The problem is I don't know what Annie's personality is like. There's so little we know, so I don't want to screw up the most important part about her.

Good luck with your comic though, and I hope it turns out awesome.

In my mind I think her personality would be like movie stars blinded with money and happiness until a flash back.

A parody strip could be fun as long as you keep it simple. If you're really passionate about doing an origin comic though, then I think you should actually try to approach the Labzero art team first. Show them your plot ideas and sketches (develop them well, have page thumbnails ready), and just see if they're interested in your story too. I think we all kinda know that Alex and crew would like to do SG comics one day, so maybe they would be able fit your work into their future plans. (ohh btw, don't expect any $$$)

OTHERWISE, I say focus on your own personal stories! If you have the time, just come up with a six page short and roll with it. It's always good to have more original work under your belt.

How do I exactly approach them?

Personally I'd try to do something short and simple first, just so you can get a feel for the process and how to write the characters' personalities before you try to tackle some massive ambitious project. If you jump in without knowing what you're doing, you could find yourself working on something that you don't even like.

Personally I'd try to do something short and simple first, just so you can get a feel for the process and how to write the characters' personalities before you try to tackle some massive ambitious project. If you jump in without knowing what you're doing, you could find yourself working on something that you don't even like.

Well I did consider going with the parody idea but I really don't know what jokes to use. Although my third idea which I just thought up recently was a series focusing on Peacock and her friends XD but even then I need jokes.

How do I exactly approach them?
The team seems fairly open, so if you can't meet them in person, you can probably get their attention through one of their online contacts.

Don't just send them a block of text about what you're "planning to make" though. Send them your final script, along with full thumbnails for the story, and at least a couple of finished pages. Let them know you're serious, and allow your work to speak for you. Hopefully your story inspires them!

And if they have some critical feedback to give you, that's also fantastic. Take it, absorb it, and learn from it. Good luck!

KaboomKid nails it here.

Talk is very cheap. No one is going to take plans and ideas seriously unless you have proof of your ability to produce a comic to back it up.

Well I did consider going with the parody idea but I really don't know what jokes to use. Although my third idea which I just thought up recently was a series focusing on Peacock and her friends XD but even then I need jokes.

If you're not comfortable writing jokes why would you even consider writing a parody comic? Play to your strengths.

Last point: Have you ever actually tried doing a comic before? You should probably do at least one full comic page before you even consider diving into a full comic project.

KaboomKid nails it here.

Talk is very cheap. No one is going to take plans and ideas seriously unless you have proof of your ability to produce a comic to back it up.

If you're not comfortable writing jokes why would you even consider writing a parody comic? Play to your strengths.

Last point: Have you ever actually tried doing a comic before? You should probably do at least one full comic page before you even consider diving into a full comic project.

I would have to approach the art team with my plot ideas and such. That's difficult already because i have no idea how to contact them i don't know there email addresses or anything of that nature.

I would have to approach the art team with my plot ideas and such. That's difficult already because i have no idea how to contact them i don't know there email addresses or anything of that nature.
Don't approach them until you have evidence to show that you're worth listening to. eg example pages.

Don't approach them until you have evidence to show that you're worth listening to. eg example pages.

I know but I want some emails so when I do get some evidence I can show them immediately.

I know but I want some emails so when I do get some evidence I can show them immediately.
They read the forums right? So boom, create idea comic in the forums, get popular enough to get noticed

On my last thread I said that I wanted to make a comic based around the skullgirl's universe. I had a poll for either A serious origin type comic series or a parody series. While the parody idea got the most votes I changed my mind ever since then. But rather than abandoning the idea I combined it into a story centered around peacock and her friends. The reasoning behind me doing this is because I felt that her storyline was really interesting but too short in my opinion. I wanted to see more of her character and how she would act outside of the main story let her goofiness just go all out. Seeing her do normal everyday activities but in an over the top manor like trying to find a job because theres no more food in the fridge and she is too lazy to actually cook. There are so many comedic opportunities to be made there but of course there will be the occasional scrape between characters.
But not so much so that it distracts from the main story so yeah that's basically the main idea of my comic I hope that lab zero is satisfied with my idea ill do whatever it takes to help lab zero out even if it means giving them it so they can make some money off of it. But anyways what do you guys think of it? does it sound neat? or should I work on it some more?

(Please tell me if the images are working if not can you tell me how I can post them here ya know the whole [/img] thing?)

Thumbnails:

tumblr_mtnzdb6eyF1rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

(Picture could not fit in the camera)

tumblr_mtnvdzumM31rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtpvuc0Q401rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtpvuyeBqw1rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

(Two more teasers for you)

Last edited:
This didn't need a second thread. I merged the two thread together and set the poll to close soon. Please don't cast any more votes if you see it open :)

stuff

(Picture could not fit in the camera)
The first page actually made me chuckle. lol

tumblr_mtr62dE7Zm1rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtr63byxW91rbtp7wo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
They read the forums right? So boom, create idea comic in the forums, get popular enough to get noticed

They do?

They do?
Some of them do. They don't read every thread or anything, though if you just start posting stuff here, I'm sure someone will link them to it.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Effort will be noted. Good work will be recognized.

Some of them do. They don't read every thread or anything, though if you just start posting stuff here, I'm sure someone will link them to it.

I know but I wish I could just contact Alex Ahad and tell him of my idea like what most people on here told me to do :P

Is mine good work?
Personally, it's coming along. But I'm no professional, so my opinion is moot. But whatever, this looks like it can be enjoyable.

Personally, it's coming along. But I'm no professional, so my opinion is moot. But whatever, this looks like it can be enjoyable.

Thanks the rest of the comic will be much better though as peacock needs to buy more pudding so she needs a job.

Wow I have to say, this is actually pretty well drawn (some color and clearer pictures would be nice though).

I'm glad you actually went through with doing this :)

I've heard of spankings, but banjo-ings? What is the guy, El Ka-Bong or something?

I've heard of spankings, but banjo-ings? What is the guy, El Ka-Bong or something?

I'm surprised you knew what it was I drew it pretty badly lol.

Well you're really a cartoon when your stomach starts talking...and your liver.

(Don't do drugs kids)

ho,that's do funny!it shows normal things of each day with peacock's humor!will we have more??