• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

You know, my game worked until this fuckin patch. I don't know, I have random crashes. And I don't have a shitty PC, these days I played the game with high quality without problems. Poor optimization.

I'm so mad

Someone on Wikipedia said one of his variations is "uber", which is more than likely bullshit since all the variation differences are minor.
Uber Jason would be way more than just a variation change.

You know, my game worked until this fuckin patch. I don't know, I have random crashes. And I don't have a shitty PC, these days I played the game with high quality without problems. Poor optimization.

I'm so mad
They're also in charge of the last gen ports, too. I think...

fun fact, the PC port of the arcade Kollection sucks BECAUSE THEY WON'T GET RID OF WINDOWS LIVE!
;A; I just wanna play Klassic MK!

Test your luck is even more hilarious than MK9. The same conditions can occur multiple times in one match. I rolled a match where ice storm was chosen 3 times, falling heads and juggle kombat. My opponent was frozen 2 screens high off of the ground for an entire round.

Test Your Luck is very hilarious and I wonder if it's Online at all.
ew lol no. do you have any idea of how much of a hot mess that would be? does anyone remember Heroes vs Heralds? There's a reason as to why no one plays that game mode online anymore.

I still want Rain so badly. He seems like so much fun. Baraka looks like he stole a bunch of other's moves and just mashed them into what makes Baraka Baraka, but Rain has a ton of class and love his water douchebaggery! Too bad we're getting Tanya instead >_<

Story Mode's beaten.
I rather liked it, spoilers and all.
That fucking scene in the credits man
The super final boss though, holy fuck.
Not THAT bad, but the beam spam. The beam spam is so bad.

I find it funny you mention that
I got Ferra/Torr's ending first.
What the actual fuck kind of species is this.
And does this mean Torr was a rider before?
Can we get art of Torr as a rider.

Standard/Klassic towers do have endings, yes.
Forewarning though
It's TEN people instead of eight like you'd expect.
So pull up a chair, even if you're on easy.
Then the final boss has THREE rounds.
It's two round, then he pulls out the Seth "HAHHAA! NOW FACE MY TRUE POWER" bullshit.
Lose?
Do that all again.
Thankfully you only have to deal with Bullshit form for 1 round.

Hey...is Goro working for anyone else? I got the Kombat Pack and preordered, but still no Goro. I can play him in the special living towers and seen others using him, but when I go to download him, PSN says I have him and the game acts like the content doesn't exist when I go to download it directly from the game itself. It's pretty concerning for me. :(
Hey North did you figure this out yet?

I found out that you need to highlight MKX in the PSN menu, scroll down to "related items", go to "add-ons", and you should see "1 item".

Select it and it'll take you to "My add-ons" and you should see "Goro". Select that and it'll install Goro for you.

Ok, I just looked Goro up directly in the PSN and it just opened MKX up for me. I'll try this out and see if it works. Thanks

EDIT: SUCCESS!

Beat Story, overall it was good and most characters involved have their moments.
I'm glad there was not a massacre of characters this time around. I also thought it was funny how the Cage family become the big heroes, especially since Cage was killed off in the original MK games.

Scorps and Subzy were pretty cool in this.
I like that Hanzo was an ACTUAL character, and even seemed to hate his moniker of Scorpion. Scorpion's emotional battle in this was quite nice, even if short. I really like the way they treated him in this overall :D

I find it funny you mention that
I got Ferra/Torr's ending first.
What the actual fuck kind of species is this.
And does this mean Torr was a rider before?
Can we get art of Torr as a rider.

Yeah, their culture fascinates me now. I hope it becomes a permanent fixture in the MK universe. Like maybe next game we can have Ferra as the brute and her new rider as a character.

Kinda sad that the brute just withers away and dies once the rider grows up though. I like Torr a lot, especially from a design standpoint, bummed me out to see him go out like that, even if it isn't canon.

Hanzo's story was one of the only ones I cared about and one of the big reasons I didn't like the story at all. There was actually some interesting stuff going on with Scorp and Subs but... .we get a super brief go over of it then the followup is just brushed off like its nothing.

Quan's death was the one shocking thing that happened in all of the main line, but then noone even cared about the results of that? What the actual hell?

Also Kotal's invasion then Subs turns up and all of a sudden nothing.

Those are the main things that really irked me. I'm waiting for the revenent story and hopefully some sort of Kotal plotline in the followup, especially hope it expands characters like Ferra, Torr and Erron Black who got absolutely nothing in this game despite it being their debut.

I felt that this game's story was decent, but not as good as MK9's or IGAU's.

Several parts of it, especially later on, just felt rushed.

Nether Realm studio expected their players to have read the comics that came out before the games did. In the comic it explains the new characters more and explains some things that happened to the old that explains why they are the way they are in the game.

It's also possible they were going for more of a "Movie" feel, hence less filler (which is what parts of MK 9's story felt like), and shorter run time.

How's the netcode for anyone on PC?

The input lag is pissing me off bad enough, that I actually have to take breaks from the game so I don't start screaming like a crazy person.

Plus side... made me appreciate the shitty arcsys netcode a bit more.

I'm giving up figuring out how unlocks work in this game. I was playing story mode to unlock Shinnok. Halfway through, I take a break to download the Samurai Pack and poof! Selectable Shinnok. Whatever I'll take it.

There's also really weird ways to unlock the second or third outfits.
Want Revenant Sub-Zero? Complete Test Your Might
Want Revenant Jax? 15 Double Flawless matches (Though you can cheese this with Kustom Kombat)
Want Revenant Liu Kang? Bunch of Ranked Matches. Kung Lao? 30 King of the Hills

Update: Turns out I was wrong, if you lose to the Final Boss's super form, you retry at that form, since it's just one round, hardly takes any time.

Last edited:
Nether Realm studio expected their players to have read the comics that came out before the games did. In the comic it explains the new characters more and explains some things that happened to the old that explains why they are the way they are in the game.

Funny cause I already found something that contradicts the comics. In Goro's Tower ending
they say Shokans were neutral in the outworld war while in comics Goro switches from Kotal's to Mileenas side.

I'm giving up figuring out how unlocks work in this game. I was playing story mode to unlock Shinnok. Halfway through, I take a break to download the Samurai Pack and poof! Selectable Shinnok. Whatever I'll take it.

Yeah, people noticed that the skin pack unlocks Shinnok immediately.

Well I'm just assuming Goro's presence in the game is non-canon, given how
In the Comics he gets all his arms ripped off

Also, new Premier Tower, it's a Mortal Kombat 1 ladder, ending with a fight against Goro.
Beat it and get a neat border/background for your profile.

Guess this definitely means Jason is next week.

Well I'm just assuming Goro's presence in the game is non-canon

Which doesn't change the fact they screwed over the part that IS canon. :P

That background and icon is something exclusive? I wonder how long will they keep giving stuff like that.

Last edited:
I'm assuming it's Premier Tower stuff.
You get a neat reward for doing this limited time event thing.
Next week will be Jason's premier tower, and then after that I'm assuming will be another event, then Tremor or Tanya, and so on.

What I do is if it keeps failing, go to Online, then check factions from there.
That usually loopholes it around into working.

Back