• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

fun fact here
Kitana and Mileena's battle grunts/screams of agony are Grey DeLisle
but their actual speaking voices are Karen Strassman
Why are they voiced by different people?

Reactions: DawnHibiki
Who has PS4 version? I been looking for ppl to play with consistently. Might help with some of the dead modes the game has XD

Still waiting for PS3 version, sadly.

If Voltage Studios once again fucks up I'll be waiting for the Komplete Edition, then.

JYB's screams of agony and pain make me shiver in delight.

But I'm willing to do a Fatality on anyone, even my favorite characters. I'm an asshole.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
I've been trying to do Brutalities recently. Some of them are quite hard to successfully pull off.

Kung Jin's basic brutality is hard to pull off. 7 seconds with no damage. :(

I like Takeda's grab Brutality. Collecting mah arms.

Just got the game today for PS4 (first MK game I've played). Managed to get through story mode, which was surprisingly way more interesting than I was expecting. There were also more characters that caught my interest than I expected as I played through things.

So far I'm looking at (in no particular order): Sonya, Jacqui, D'vorah, Jax, Kenshi, Ferra/Torr, Cassie, and Ermac. Not really leaning towards anyone yet, I'll have to spend some time in training to figure more things out, but those characters were either a lot of fun to play in story mode and/or have designs I really liked.

Also, where do you unlock the alternate costumes/whatever else? Is all that stuff in the Krypt, or is it spread out in some other modes?

Reactions: Jutsei
Just got the game today for PS4 (first MK game I've played). Managed to get through story mode, which was surprisingly way more interesting than I was expecting. There were also more characters that caught my interest than I expected as I played through things.

So far I'm looking at (in no particular order): Sonya, Jacqui, D'vorah, Jax, Kenshi, Ferra/Torr, Cassie, and Ermac. Not really leaning towards anyone yet, I'll have to spend some time in training to figure more things out, but those characters were either a lot of fun to play in story mode and/or have designs I really liked.

Also, where do you unlock the alternate costumes/whatever else? Is all that stuff in the Krypt, or is it spread out in some other modes?
Krypt is your go to spot for costumes/fatalities, etc.

Unlocks are for Krypt and completing towers. You get stuff for certain achievements, like Revenant costumes.

Also, do some costumes have different dialog? Like Scrops vs. Hanzo Hasashi? Can anyone confirm this?

I think Hanzo has some unique intros with characters but other than that, dunno.

There was special dialogue for Takeda vs Revenant Scorpion in the streams
"What happened to you?"
"I have returned to Quan Chi's services"
"Then the Shirai Ryu are your enemy!"
So I assume as much.

Completing the Klassic Tower with a character gives you one of their costumes, but you can also buy in krypt. Whichever comes first.

Also, do some costumes have different dialog? Like Scrops vs. Hanzo Hasashi? Can anyone confirm this?

I just checked. That pair indeed has a unique dialog. However from what I checked so far Hanzo is the only costume that makes difference.

Last edited:
I got Shinnok's ending in the ladder.
Good to see they didn't forget THe One Being
bad to see Sonya, Goro, and my boy Kotal fade out of existence

Also, random question, are there any characters in MKX You simply refuse to do a Fatality on?
Be it because they're lovable, or because their screams are so disturbing?
Ain't never killing my boy Kotal or Johnny.

Normally I hesitate to kill the outworlders and the nether realm villains since story mode already kicks them around a lot.

I do like to kill the heroes.

u005.jpg

I know it is fucked up logic

Heads up guys, Kombat Kast in 20 minutes.
May be something, may be nothing, but given how I've missed two, I didn't want anyone else to miss it either!
I forgot there was one today. Neat.

These were absolutely hilarious, whether real or not XD

Gonna take a shot in the dark and guess these are more Salty Max jokes?

Not so sure. That Ice-Cream line is totally typical for Scorpion.

But seriously just to be safe, yes that is Max voicing both.

Hey, if you're SF or Tarkatan #8 you have it coming to ya

Why are they voiced by different people?
whoops missed this
Grey DeLisle-Griffin was originally cast as Kitana and Mileena, but had to drop out of the project real early on because had a kid.
So they just got Strassman, who voiced the two in MK9, to reprise her roles

It's been a week and I still haven't tried MK X online.
I'm frightened.
Should I just try it or beat all Arcade Mode endings first?
I mean if you're still having fun with the single player stuff then you may as well keep doing that until you're not.

My own experience with the online is that you absolutely need to play someone geographically close to you with a pretty good connection. The one time I tried to play randoms I got a match where there dead ass were 3 seconds of latency on my inputs. I would hit kick, count to 3, and then see my kick. When I play @dekillsage it's at least playable if not as good as SG.

I haven't had any issues with online so far. A few iffy connections, but nothing horrendous. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Hidden characters intros:

Edit: I Should have checked the posts above. Deleted.

Sorry @Kawalorn and thanks for the heads up @North888

Still.

Because of the new cloth designs we won't have this anymore...

tumblr_nnbrpi6hph1urk31po7_400.jpg

tumblr_nnbrpi6hph1urk31po3_540.jpg

Last edited:
The April Fools joke was already posted like 4 posts above ya fool :3

Not posted yet. We thank you for the glorious contribution

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Trying to get the 14 remaining Arcade Mode Endings
I got Sub-Zero's, everyone's has some sort of sequel hook and some even connect with each other
Sub-Zero's is just
"He found ice dragons and now the Lin Kuei are even more big dick Gs"