• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

wait the sniper chick is Pharah's mum?

i thought it was just Pharah herself.
Yep and Pharah's got mommy issues
Also Reinhardt's a goofball

Pharah wasn't around for Overwatch, she always wanted to join it though but by the time she was old enough it was disbanded.
Her mom, however was definitely in Overwatch, and that's who you keep seeing in the group photos

People think that the Sombra you see in some newspaper clippings and debriefing is Pharah's Mom, which is entirely possible, but the only evidence is that Reaper knows Sombra, and that she's a "she", and the list of Reaper knows on a basis like that is kinda short (when you take into account how he's Reyes)

People think that the Sombra you see in some newspaper clippings and debriefing is Pharah's Mom, which is entirely possible, but the only evidence is that Reaper knows Sombra, and that she's a "she", and the list of Reaper knows on a basis like that is kinda short (when you take into account how he's Reyes)

Less likely when you take into consideration that Sombra is Spanish for shadow, which would be a weird name for someone from Egypt.

Could've also been someone Reaper met after he became Reaper. I'm personally gunning for ex-Deadlock member, though that's built off of no real evidence besides the name and what map she's mentioned on.

Less likely when you take into consideration that Sombra is Spanish for shadow, which would be a weird name for someone from Egypt.
well, considering Pharah has a Native American skin, I've always assumed she had some sort of heritage involving Native Americans.
and one of the places Native Americans have gone to is Mexico, so, it could be Sombvra's parents were from mexico, but they moved to Egypt for some reason.

or something else, I dunno.

well, considering Pharah has a Native American skin, I've always assumed she had some sort of heritage involving Native Americans.
and one of the places Native Americans have gone to is Mexico, so, it could be Sombvra's parents were from mexico, but they moved to Egypt for some reason.

or something else, I dunno.

I think that was more because of her bird motif than anything relating to her heritage. Also why would anyone use it when she has EVA skins?

I think that was more because of her bird motif than anything relating to her heritage. Also why would anyone use it when she has EVA skins?
'cuz i think Native Americans (something thats my heritage, albeit a very small part of it) are cool.
except T.Hawk because he's fucking boring.

also
Cinm5MpUUAAhrER.jpg

just
6c3.png

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
dude, the image literally says "Mei early concepts" on the picture.

People are free to draw Mei in any body type, but to me, layers of heavy winter clothes != chubby. I think it was kind of the same thing with Rhino in Dirty Bomb wearing a bomb suit.

Reactions: Jutsei

No, the Sniper Chick is Widowmaker still in Sleeper Mode. Her Talon Programming has not been triggered by the time of this photo but it is there. On the opposite end of the picture we have Reaper before he turned dark and joined Talon, and next to him is Solider 76 before the assassination attempt that he used to fake his death.

No, the Sniper Chick is Widowmaker still in Sleeper Mode. Her Talon Programming has not been triggered by the time of this photo but it is there. On the opposite end of the picture we have Reaper before he turned dark and joined Talon, and next to him is Solider 76 before the assassination attempt that he used to fake his death.

Nope! Widowmaker had no combat training before Talon got to her, until then she was just married to the Overarching guy who was going after Talon. They kidnapped her, and reprogrammed her as a sleeper agent to kill him while he was vulnerable, which she did. After that, they gave her combat training.

Nope! Widowmaker had no combat training before Talon got to her, until then she was just married to the Overarching guy who was going after Talon. They kidnapped her, and reprogrammed her as a sleeper agent to kill him while he was vulnerable, which she did. After that, they gave her combat training.
They also lowered her blood pressure with crazy drugs and that's why she's blue.

no, not her blood pressure just her heart rate was changed. and actually when the body isn't getting enough oxygen blood doesn't turn Blue it actually turn dark red almost brownish...

so... Widowmaker is like... something is not right with her.

Reactions: Adwins
yeah sure.. I can actually buy that. That Talon was actually an illegal underground bakery and overwatch was trying to stop their lemon square operation when Gérard Lacroix got in their way.

Again Jutsei the stuff that snipers take slows their heart rate. If it was affecting their blood pressure then they would be running the risk of their HANDS not working something that would be kinda important for say a sniper to have... guess what is in your hands? a ton of veins and arteries to make sure we can move them around. That's why when you cut your hand it bleeds a lot... like almost too much... :S

Edit: hoooooooooo weeeeeee... actually having low blood pressure is like even worse if you're a sniper

you don't want to have this:
  • Dizziness or lightheadedness <---- [That can't be good]
  • Fainting (called syncope)
  • Dehydration and unusual thirst <---- [That doesn't really help you]
    Dehydration can sometimes cause blood pressure to drop. However, dehydration does not automatically signal low blood pressure. Fever, vomiting, severe diarrhea, overuse of diuretics and strenuous exercise can all lead to dehydration, a potentially serious condition in which your body loses more water than you take in. Even mild dehydration (a loss of as little as 1 percent to 2 percent of body weight), can cause weakness, dizziness and fatigue.
  • Lack of concentration <---- [Yeah pretty important]
  • Blurred vision <---- [ Okay that's seriously important]
  • Nausea
  • Cold, clammy, pale skin
  • Rapid, shallow breathing <----- [Also not good for you]
  • Fatigue
  • Depression

Last edited:
Reactions: Fumako and Jutsei
It's almost like Widowmaker is a poorly designed character in some aspects

She just had some bad Willy Wonka candy is all :/

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
here's why Widowmaker is blue:
it makes her look different in the cast, as well as make her look mysterious.
heh, blew this case wide open.

Well first time coming here in this thread and I find this.

I mean for fuck sake monkeys don't talk or carry huge science guns. Robots can't have the slightest concept of religion and become monks. 12-year-olds aren't allowed to go around with double shotguns.

Get your shit together Blizzard c'mon, what were you thinking?!?

hey i'm just saying that despite the game being fictitious that they still follow some real world rules and having WidowMaker BLUE when her Heart Rate is slowed is just... dumb and it reinforces a misconception that can be easily corrected with a standard biology class from High School. In truth WidowMaker should be pale and the fringes of her body should be grey... so like finger tips, the ears, nose, knees, elbows, and toes.

or she could be blue because that makes her look cooler by design.
we could try out that crazy idea.

also, saying something "follows some of the rules of reality" is the most cherry picker excuse I've seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArgonBern
so, is it going to launch Monday or Tuesday?

Downside is waiting a few hours for the Nvidia Game Ready Drivers to come out
Do you even need them? besides, they already had them for the beta, and since the release is basicly the open beta...

Do you even need them? besides, they already had them for the beta, and since the release is basicly the open beta...
It's entirely possible. They'll probably shove one out the door on Tuesday either way.
They also gotta release one for Total War Warhammer and since Overwatch releases same day they'll bring it

I wonder if this will be the full release roster or if they'll be some hidden characters? I dunno...I like the current cast...it just feels like there shoulda been a few more...like...another support at least...