• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

There will be future characters at some point, all for free (If you own the game, duh)
And some maps
That's how it is for now.
No word on this'll be the thing forever

If they try to monetize future dlc characters then that would defeat the purpose of them not going the moba route and doing f2p where you have to unlock chars by in game currency or with real money.

Due to the game's heavy emphasis on switching characters, there is no way they could call the game balanced if they didn't unlock all of the characters to all of the players.

If they try to monetize future dlc characters then that would defeat the purpose of them not going the moba route and doing f2p where you have to unlock chars by in game currency or with real money.

Due to the game's heavy emphasis on switching characters, there is no way they could call the game balanced if they didn't unlock all of the characters to all of the players.
No but if they do go F2P they can always do skins, spray, and/or voice stuff that are out of the base game. Kinda like they're doing with the 60 game bundle or how Awesomenaughts does it. Also gold boosters, that's another route.

commission__meet_the_mercy_by_frankaraya-da2zhto.png

no, not her blood pressure just her heart rate was changed. and actually when the body isn't getting enough oxygen blood doesn't turn Blue it actually turn dark red almost brownish...

so... Widowmaker is like... something is not right with her.
I'm chalking it up to Comic book logic. I mean... Overwatch is basically a huge comic book

just gimme hoodie kid.

he doesnt even have to be doomfist.

I just want hoodie kid.

I'm hoping at least one of these three makes the cut in the future.

AjvlYv1.jpg
hvEGnu2.png

P1MDkk5.png

Super hype. New supports when

So we definitely get Overwatch a full 8 hours early.
Wicked as Hell.
Not soon enough.

Reactions: Jutsei
Ci1qWYdXEAAgEWS.jpg:large

So we definitely get Overwatch a full 8 hours early.
Wicked as Hell.

Damn, too bad I can't because in Canada the 23rd is Queen Victoria day and stores are closed.

Damn british and your queens

I already preordered it at a store

3 new heroes would be really cool. With 6 attack and 6 defense, 3 would give us 1 tank to the 5 we have, and 2 to the support we have.

Say would like a cameraman support be cool from Hollywood? I was thinking of how people usually complain about support classes doing this "line of sight" mentality with heroes and realized that's just what a cameraman could do lol.

I seriously hope we get three more Heroes, that'd be rad, we think ew have the whole cast then BAM.
Though I imagine they'll be teasers or confirmations for the next heroes, but if they're added immediately, sure thing.

Now that you mention It I really do hope the next three Heroes are from those three places.
Hollywood Support would be rad

So we getting a new short tomorrow, possibly Sombra's reveal and Soldier 76's short on Sunday
A good weekend

The short is on Sunday, but tomorrow might also be some character reveals, especially since "Agent Activated" is there, and the short appears to be unrelated to those.
Blizzard the grand masters of hype when they're in fine form like this

Wait so we're getting an unknown animated short?!

We know it's Soldier 76, but all the shorts so far have had two characters, and we still don't know the second one. Many people are guessing that it's going to be Sombra, given that Reaper has a line mentioning her, and 76 is related to Reaper.

Holy fuck. That'd be amazing.
What if Sombra is in the trailer, yeah, but then it's revealed she's also in the BASE GAME.
She's so sneaky and shadowy she avoided being revealed until launch day, and you can play her then.

I heard Sombra is gonna be support is that what we're expecting? Kinda like the medic from TF2 healing from a distance? That would be cool.

Holy fuck. That'd be amazing.
What if Sombra is in the trailer, yeah, but then it's revealed she's also in the BASE GAME.
She's so sneaky and shadowy she avoided being revealed until launch day, and you can play her then.

While I wouldn't personally bet on it, that's more possible than you'd think. On one of the documentary videos, you can see an as-of-yet un-revealed character in the support section:

iupVXnO.png

That picture looks like it could be a low-poly early model (Or perhaps a recolor) of this character:

84b6b87298.jpg

This picture is found on an open folder in one of the maps, and is generally believed to be Sombra. There's also this picture:

WrPjFzU.jpg

The highlight is mine, and it points out what many people speculate to be Sombra running on the rooftops in the Dorado map. If you can't see it clearly on here, try downloading the image and zooming in with paint.
This picture, incidentally, comes from this news post on the official website, curiously written in-universe. This news post also says that Soldier:76 might be in Dorado, which is where people are guessing the cinematic will take place.

I personally don't think that she'll be there at launch (I believe that they're probably going to wait until they have a few new heroes done and release them all at once), but I'm almost certain that she'll make an appearance in the cinematic on Sunday.

It's entirely possible, if the picture about Agents activated relates to new heroes, we might have four heroes headed our way
(Unless Sombra counts for one of the three, but I think that's unlikely)

We know it's Soldier 76, but all the shorts so far have had two characters, and we still don't know the second one. Many people are guessing that it's going to be Sombra, given that Reaper has a line mentioning her, and 76 is related to Reaper.

ohh that's what he meant

So two things:
First, i hope we get another robot similar to Zenyatta. Maybe not a monk, but another robot.

2: I always thought itd be cool if there was a tank/support in a game like this who's ult was on a short cd like D'va outside her mach. The out would just be a short charge forward, grabbing the first enemy or ALLY he ran into, allowing him to re-aim himself and throw that target into other enemies or throw an ally out of danger or into an advantageous spot. Like throwing a Bastion up into a Widowmaker's sniping spot, or get a mcree into the back line for some easy kills, or a torjborn or Junkrat into the enemy"a objective behind them.
Hell maybe just make them a straight up wrestler guy XD

Personally I think it's crazy to think that they would release a new mystery character immediately on release without any public testing. Like they had all the betas in the world to publicly test the characters and adjust them accordingly and then suddenly on launch they throw a wildcard. I'm all for new characters, but it really makes me wonder how they will handle them

I don't think they'll just throw out some new chars. They may have them revealed by the time the game comes out but id think they would be public testing or restricted to specific stages or players for testing if they want them out on release

Welp turns out the the map they tweeted showed the locations of where they put giant 1:1 versions of figures of Tracer, Pharah and Genji, inside they boxes. Guess they'll sell smaller ones later.

Last edited:
Guess it could've been worse, those really don't look easy to make.

But yeh kinda faulty hinting there Blizzard