• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Palettes of Skullgirls

Imagine, only 2 years ago the wikia was blatantly copy/pasting out of the SRK wiki and alienating the existing community. Now it is exposing unfinished content and alienating the developers. They've come so far! Great job!

1024x576.resizedimage

darkstalkers_jon_talbain_hd_by_0kronos0-d5ozj37.png
MMPR-Green.jpg

But I've seen people ask about the werewolf one since he got that move. I also noticed green ranger first.

Last edited:
tbh I think the reason I recognized Green Ranger first is it fits better. I get what they were going for with Talbain now that I know who it's supposed to be, but the Green Ranger is really spot on.

It's a shirtless palette therefore I'm all for it.

I'm kinda weirded out about Beo's Talbain palette has human colored skin. Like other characters have non-human skin when it comes to certain other references (Filia's and Parasoul's Panty and Kneesocks, a lot of Eliza, Fortune, and Fukua palettes, etc), but Beowulf looks like he's fused together Talbain's werewolf and human form.

Reactions: Huesoman
Parasoul has the Fluttershy palette with human skin, Bella has the Battletoads palette with human skin, Fortune has human skin on the palettes representing consoles... Bottom line is, it's not without precedent.

insert joke about jason david frank's steroid use making him look as muscular as beowulf, but in real life.

I'm kinda weirded out about Beo's Talbain palette has human colored skin. Like other characters have non-human skin when it comes to certain other references (Filia's and Parasoul's Panty and Kneesocks, a lot of Eliza, Fortune, and Fukua palettes, etc), but Beowulf looks like he's fused together Talbain's werewolf and human form.
He was either going to end up with a white/blue face (no), or look like he was in a fursuit. I made a compromise.

Wow, I'm surprised how well the Green Dragon Ranger-colors work for Beowulf. And I don't even like Power Rangers.

He was either going to end up with a white/blue face (no), or look like he was in a fursuit. I made a compromise.

Fair enough

Last night's Salty! got a reveal of three new colors. MGS3 Naked Snake (worth a screenshot when it comes to the Beta!) and these two:

AZQaVvZ.jpg

Left: reference to something
Right: original

MikeZ said:
It is a reference but you probably won't get it. More obvious than you think it is.

I was too tired to stick with the stream after updates so the reference might have been explained. If not, let's guess at it until it appears in the patch notes. What do you think is the theme of the color on the left?
  • Could it be Sun Wukong from Journey to the West? (no specific incarnation, general depictions of the Monkey King has a red and gold scheme)
  • If he had blue pants, I'd guess Potemkin from Guilty Gear (before he turned into Panzerfaust)
  • People in stream claimed it was "sexy fireman." Is it truly something so simple?

After playing with the current Talbain palette for a bit, I'm totes fine with what we currently have now. Especially the arms and legs. Probably gonna use this color the most too.

And besides, it'd be silly to demand a change to a palette when I didn't even pay for a color.

I think one of these would have been a better Talbain:
That's nice. You're nice. We appreciate the sentiment and hope you continue to provide more in the future. Your call is important to us, please stay on the line...

People in stream claimed it was "sexy fireman." Is it truly something so simple?

More than often simple things are the best
I love that palette so much and I hope that's what it is

That's nice. You're nice. We appreciate the sentiment and hope you continue to provide more in the future. Your call is important to us, please stay on the line...
Come on, don't be too sensitive man, not everyone will agree with the choices, and it isn't wrong to state an opinion.

True, most firefighters around here wear a muddy ochre or black. That's why I like the palette; it exaggerates the iconic accent colors from their uniforms. It becomes the essence of firefighter (like in a Halloween or stripper costume).

I missed the reference because I often miss the obvious.

GH4I1Yq.jpg

14 - Sexy Firefighter Shirtless strategy: become hotter than the fire and it will extinguish itself. Fact.
15 - Original Has an interesting panda and tiger luchador flavor
16 - Naked Snake (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater) ♫ I'm still in a dream, Snake Eaterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ♪

The only negative I have for the #14 palette is the skin-color collar. Barely noticeable, but when you see it, you feel weird.

True, and I will defend this everywhere!
Thus I was presenting my own opinion of your post, which by your own logic also isn't wrong to do.
I wasn't offended or nothin'.
Come on, at least be honest, you were pretty sarcastic, and the "please stay on the line" was rather contemptuous. I mean, I didn't try to hurt you, maybe you shouldn't take comments like mine too personal and take a more tolerant aproach. I mean I like some palettes others not, that's all.

Come on, at least be honest, you were pretty sarcastic, and the "please stay on the line" was rather contemptuous. I mean, I didn't try to hurt you, maybe you shouldn't take comments like mine too personal and take a more tolerant aproach. I mean I like some palettes others not, that's all.
I don't think you're using "take it personally" correctly. I'm not invested in the palettes, and your post wasn't negative enough to be offensive.
I responded because you were solely dismissive of work that was done, without any real helpful content ("I think either of these would have been better because ____"). At least Ein Blitz said why they would have preferred something being different. In your case there isn't even anything indicating how your complaint could be addressed, so it could only be taken as a complaint rather than a suggestion. S'all.

Because I love you all so much I literally had nothing better to do, I took the liberty of posting the chair while deployed and Grendel's arm with all the palettes:

71439383E539B46984BF23CBFF2AFBD3BE6B1400
7AE241D4735306B62DB7C96CD4DA27C16214B8B9
564B817682509DC574319BA75F58C2BE1A2EAADC
B72DD75FF5323B4F159B08FE37EB5B271FA0029B
D0C686D18A0E52D896FD1A4FC93520D991A88C2D
2173D1BA9C8B992688770F33918CE6A98D9F7CE7
17E452E4D5044D57A853718FC001C3850D6E8E83
24077561D8DF786FA5F385809CC8B21FB82A91DE

Last edited:
Nice new palettes.
Funnily enough Beo's got more dark skinned palette's than Eliza currently.
To be honest, Riker, Green Ranger and Batman all are my least favorites at the moment, because they are so undeniably accurate and it feels more like playing as Batman than Beowulf. But I don't mind that they're there, I just'll gravitate to some of the others. There's plenty of good palette options with Beowulf.

Also I'm still stupid excited for new Painwheel palettes.

oh my god....
24077561D8DF786FA5F385809CC8B21FB82A91DE
WHOOOOOAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO!
WHOOOOOOOAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!
WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!​

Last edited:
and your post wasn't negative enough to be offensive.
But yours was.
I responded because you were solely dismissive of work that was done, without any real helpful content...so it could only be taken as a complaint rather than a suggestion.
So if it isn't "helpfull" it "could" be taken as a complain, then it justifies your clearly negative and contemptuous response? I think that is a paranoid logic, reading too much in a comment, and being overdefensive. Maybe you should be more tolerant and respect others opinions. Anyway, I do not retract of my opinion, take it as you like.

Is the Grendel arm for the Wolverine palette supposed to represent a Sentinel? That's really cool.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
I think that is a paranoid logic, reading too much in a comment, and being overdefensive.
A wild projection strawman appears!

Reactions: mcpeanuts
So if it isn't "helpfull" it "could" be taken as a complain, then it justifies your clearly negative and contemptuous response? I think that is a paranoid logic, reading too much in a comment, and being overdefensive. Maybe you should be more tolerant and respect others opinions. Anyway, I do not retract of my opinion, take it as you like.

Dude,
you told a man how to do his job
on the forum where like, at least 80% of people are constantly trying to tell him how to do his job,
and he responded sarcastically.
Get over it.