• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I think the key is keeping it instrumental and not overly serious. Keeping it simple, fun-sounding, and orchestral is definitely the way to go. I certainly hope Sakurai feels the same and can feel the vibes we're givin.

I'd be fine if they'd just take songs straight from the game.
But chances are they'll remix it a bit.
Something like the Punch-out remix in the trailer

Honestly, I believe we've already heard the main theme of the game in the first trailer.
Highly likely. I kind of thought of it as a generic trailer type music but thinking about it, it makes more sense.

I don't think we're getting a character reveal a week...
Though, if so, awesome.
I think we just got Little Mac and Diddy Kong.
We might get a stage at least

Considering we didn't get anything Pokemon-related on X/Y's release date, I wouldn't be holding my breath.

You know.
ASIDE FROM MAJESTIC SPACE DEER.

I just hope the announcer yells out "SUPER SMAAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRSS!!!" like old times.

Speaking of which, the new theme sounds like they sneaked in a remake of 64's character select theme.

i wonder who the announcer will be this time
i mean
Brawl had the announcerman from Bill Nye the Science Guy
maybe we'll get someone super cool
like Steve Blum
or Jamieson Price

Who knows?
Either way, I think tomorrow we'll get a POkeball, or a Pokemon stage.
Hopefully N's Castle

"Pic of the Day: It's Pokemon's 18th anniversary in Japan! Pikachu dances while Lucario makes a silly face."

PIKAAACHUUUdance.gif
Lucario_loves_chocolate_by_trainerB.png

May 20th, Nintendo is turning off the WiFi on all Wii and DS games.

Sayonara... Brawl online.

Aw who am I kidding, you sucked

I'm surprised at how many people are complaining

Like, be honest, if Nintendo didn't announce it and silently took it away, no one would notice except project m players lel

Mario Kart Wii and DS's online is full of hackers, and Brawl's was always shit. Why are these people complaining? Servers cost money. Why would they host servers exclusively for a game that's played online by most like 40 people in a given year.

If push comes to shove, Dolphin has online.

Also, it does not affect the store as the Wii U needs it to redownload old games.

it wasn't that good either

thankfully, bamco has some competent netcoders in their ranks, so we likely won't need to worry

brawl's online wasnt that bad IMO.

match starts at 2:10

Like, the menus and friend system (barring friend codes...) was good, but the actual connection was literally rhino feces

match starts at 2:10

Like, the menus and friend system (barring friend codes...) was good, but the actual connection was literally rhino feces
Max is for lack of a better word... anal, when it comes to things like net codes. the most likely thing was that the people he was playing against just had bad connections.

either way, I said it wasn't that bad. anything with online that wasnt Tatsu wasn't all that good as far as I remember.

Does Nintendo Network have anti-hacking measures?
The new Nintendo Network, yes. Your system bricks if you are caught using a cheating device and your Nintendo Network ID is banned.

The old one? Nope. None whatsoever. Mario Kart DS and Wii is full to the brim of hackers and Ninty can't do a thing to stop it.

On the other hand, because of that, the Project M team made it so they can play it online using Brawl's networking. Looks like that's ending, however, so I'm avoiding all Smash Boards, lest I be bombarded with "Nintendo is a bag of dicks for getting rid of an online service on a 8 year old console".

Geesh, well, that nips Project M in the bud.
That sucks, even though I don't really care for it.

But it's great to hear Nintendo Network has anti hack procedures in place.

honestly, I don't think Nintendo is in the wrong with shutting down the Wii's online play. like, the only thing I would play on it nowadays is Tatsu....

I really need more Tatsu...

Plus it's shutting down literally 10 days away from Mario Kart 8, so people will most likely stop complaining by then and enjoy the awesomeness of that game

Speaking of, anyone getting it? I'll race you so hard.

I think he means Tatsunoko vs Capcom, which yeah, is sad it's going offline cause Capcom fighter but hey, Dolphin's got your back, Sano. And besides, I would bet ya that the time will come when it'll be rereleased/get a sequel. This is Cap "Money Bags" Com we're talking about.

Alright, so when's this pic of the day coming. I know I should finish my paper due tomorrow BUT SMASH IS MORE IMPORT

about 30 minutes at least.
Yesterday it took 4 hours AFTER usual for it to be updated.
So they might have a new schedule.

about 30 minutes at least.
Yesterday it took 4 hours AFTER usual for it to be updated.
So they might have a new schedule.
Wow, I decided to go to sleep last night really early and check it in the morning. Great timing on my part.

I wouldn't put my money on it being Pokemon related, but I wouldn't discount it entirely either. We'll have to see.

Back