• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I doubt there will ever be a sequel for Tatsu if people keep wanting capcom to die.... ;A;
I would like a TvC2 but no DLC. I loved TvC but then my Wii broke... and I don't know where to get the Dolphin emulators...

On topic~ I wanna see more Fox... gimme my love back.

I wasn't in the discussion about today's pic (if there was any) but I gotta say, combo finishers for jabbers seems awesome. It'll be interesting to see how some of them work.

Like, Captain Falcon can KNEE OF JUSTICE at the end, or Kirby could use another power or Fighter Kirby attack (like the Shoryuken).

Game & Watch's... spray thing... that'll be interesting. Will he just splurt it all out over the female opponents violently and vigorously?!?

Will he just splurt it all out over the female opponents violently and vigorously?!?
... no, it'll be 2D and thus it'll split them open like a melon.

OH SHIT

PIC OF THE DAY IS UP

HERE COMES THE SAAAAAALT

Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.

zlCfzRju1U4iYf_s_a

edit: just looked at my sig. Makes me look like I was a Waluigi fan. I never actually wanted him playable, I just love his character, lel

It could have been worse

ridleyhpscx.png

Pic of the day. Once again, Ridley returns as a stage hazard!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.

I would have been five million times more salt-tastic if that was the post

It's not just that, it's the comment

"Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection
Which also means he's not a playable character.
Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle""
That is so passive aggressive even non-Waluigi Supporters felt the sting.

This is Skull Kid all over again
Sitting here with my deconfirmed music

So when's Daisy?

To be fair though, the Mario series does not need another rep. At all.
This is true. I'll put my Daisy sign down and close up shop.

It's still stone cold as fuck. Jesus.
I'll probably go insane and think he could be DLC Later like I do with Skull Kid.
Or be in Smash Bros 5.

That aside at least he looks good in HD

Why does he like toying with us so much? Don't you love me, Sakurai...? All those cold nights we spent together talking about all the characters in Smash... did they mean nothing to you? Remember how you told me Daisy would make it in...?

Boards are mostly complaining about his hands not being modeled well.

Considering he's an assist trophy WHO CARES
There's also the camps that are mocking or being elitist about Waluigi not being playable.
That's also making the sting worse.

Also, update but
PEople are saying the "Just because you try hard doesn't mean you make it to playable" is a thing at Waluigi, not supporters.
Because Waluigi does try hard a lot, even if he does cheat.
So.
Part of the sting is gone.
Again, maybe DLC or Smash 5

Last edited:
nintendo stop trollin me

Why do I laugh so loud...

What do you know, the thing that was obviously going to happen happened.

"oh gee let's check out the pic of the da-"
*my heart will goes plays in the distance*

Oh. My. God.

It's happening.

I'm so excited! YES! MUAHAHAHAHA!

I was happier for this announcement than I was for Lucario or Diddy Kong.

Reactions: Rellek
This makes me very happy. I'm glad Sakurai isn't going to crack under the pressure that fans put on him as he specifically worded the thing to say to those who are so obsessed with Waluigi, "Sit down, dammit".

Hope he strong enough to not crack on the Ridley situation.

I'm keeping my hopes up for Zael, Shulk, and Aeron.

And speaking of Zael, I need to try out The Last Story's multiplayer before the wii servers go down. I wanted to Finish Xenoblade before going back To The Last Story, but I may have to switch it up.

Again, it's probably not a direct shot at Waluigi supporters, just Waluigi.
Since he tries very hard to win all the time
Whatever you need to tell yourself man :P

I'm keeping my hopes up for Zael, Shulk, and Aeron.

That's a lot of hope for one character who's mildly obscure and two that are very obscure. I won't put you down cause I still have my wish list that'll never happen (Custom Robo Commander, where art thou?) but that's a little cray cray

That's a lot of hope for one character who's mildly obscure and two that are very obscure. I won't put you down cause I still have my wish list that'll never happen (Custom Robo Commander, where art thou?) but that's a little cray cray
We all have those hopes and dreams... let him dream, honey. Let our son dream.

Reactions: Covenant
Considering trophies are just as easy as importing models, I can see there being a whole butt-ton from a wide range of games. And with how the WiiU and 3DS have their own sets, they won't have to make too many new models for them and can just port them to their respective system.

Ditto for music, though I do expect at least two dozen remixes. That's a good number. Give us something like Brawl's Bramble Blast or Revenge of Meta Knight, which was a great song in it's own right, but the new remix changes the genre entirely and makes it into something amazing.

tbh
my music dreams are out of the realm of reality
i want David Wise and Hiroyuki Sawano to compose/remix stuff but that just seems outlandish

at the most, if they're doing a similar thing like brawl, we'll get some good Shimomura pieces and the like

This does not surprise me. Until he gets his own game, Waluigi belongs in the Assist Trophy section. Kinda sad that Wario got his first spin-off series merely two years after his debut yet how many years has it been and Waluigi is still stuck with cameo duty?

I think it says a lot about what Nintendo thinks of Waluigi when they give a playable character slot to Rosalina instead.

Why is everyone comparing Waluigi to Rosalina?
Rosalina is a central character in an incredibly successful Mario spin-off series, similar to Wario or Yoshi, that has yet to receive any kind of representation in smash previous to this game.
Waluigi's main thing is that he's in all the sports games, which have had representation previously through items and a stage and some of Peach's moveset and Waluigi himself.

They're not.
The same.