• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

So apparently there's a Hyrule Warriors direct tonight. Ganondorf reveal soon?

Also I expect this will take the place of a general direct meaning we'll get this month's newcomer in the same way we got Lucina/Robin.

a gem system in a fighting game, you say?

Divekick-Gems.jpg

I don't think Hyrule Warriors Direct is taking our August Nintendo Direct for the month, once we had three directs in the same month.

I don't think Hyrule Warriors Direct is taking our August Nintendo Direct for the month, once we had three directs in the same month.

I think it will because I don't think they have much to show at the moment. We know what's coming for the rest of the year and they haven't had a general direct since February.

Seriously though, if we don't get another Nintendo Direct this month, we MIGHT, might get some Smash Bros news at the Hyrule Direct, but given how all other game focused directs haven't had Smash Bros news, I wouldn't count on it.

Seriously though, if we don't get another Nintendo Direct this month, we MIGHT, might get some Smash Bros news at the Hyrule Direct, but given how all other game focused directs haven't had Smash Bros news, I wouldn't count on it.

Unless Sakurai tweets about the direct tonight,
really doubt there's gonna be any Smash news in it, it'd be kinda crappy for a company to rely on the fanbases of two separate titles essentially being the same group.

At best you're getting Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors, as well as the reveal that you can play as villains.

At best you're getting Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors, as well as the reveal that you can play as villains.

I think the best outcome would be a Majora's Mask pack of characters.
Skull Kid and Majora's Wrath as the villains.
Happy Mask Salesman and, I dunno, Cremia or someone as the heroes.

I meant Sakurai might reveal Ganondorf as a veteran this week to coincide with the Hyrule Warriors direct.

Also no direct just means another Robin/Lucina situation where we get an announcement for a newcomer video a day or 2 beforehand.

I have to admit non-clone ganondorf revealed in a hyrule warriors thing would be huge. Although that's certainly not a safe guess.

I'm just saying it's unlikely.
We've had a bunch of game centric directs where there was no Smash Bros at all, just the game.

how about we just expect hyrule warriors info in the hyrule warriors nintendo direct

Nah.
That just seems way too unlikely, I mean, don't get me wrong, it'd be cool.
But I don't think it's gonna happen.

Why does it have to be Ganondorf? why can't they avoid the cloning thing all together and let Ganon be playable?

Because Ganon is always the super boss form now.
It's been that way since OoT.
Ganon showed up in ALBW...
Then got hijacked by Yuga

People on Smashboards are on that 'Dorf hype train. Gotta beat the hype down and explain that he's not being revealed until the 14th 'cuz that's when HW releases in Japan and that's also one month after the Robin reveal.

Today's picture of the day is another 3 part item, the Daybreak from Kid Icarus Uprising
Unsurprisingly, Smashboards is throwing a shit fit over how it's another super KO weapon, and how yet another item from KI:U is in.
Delicious salt.

Here's the post:

zlCfzSQ0HAk8p4-4eU

"Pic of the day. Look at these three radiant pieces... Yup, you guessed it! It's another combinable item like the Dragoon-the Daybreak.

zlCfzSQ0Hak5PE0DDa

"This is what it looks like when all three parts are combined together. How powerful will its beam blast be? FYI, you can fire shooting items while moving backward and forward. Change direction by flicking the Control Stick or Circle Pad toward the back of the fighter."

Back