• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

So... anyone getting doubts about MG&W?

Why doubt G&W? He's been in since Melee, represents an entire series that changed Nintendo forever and has a unique fighting style.

Plus, out of ALL the characters, he'd be the easiest to port over. All they need to do is smooth out his edges. That's literally it. Hell, he comes pre-outlined for the 3DS version.

If G&W gets removed, which he most likely won't, it'd make the ending to Pac-Man's trailer really kinda shitty.

Reactions: Lavama
Shitty things happen all the time. Look at Chrom.

But Chrom wasn't a vet. Chrom was a supposed newcomer who in the end was too boring - so they made Robin instead.

Game and Watch is already established, he's a great character, easy to implement and has a huge following.

Shitty things happen all the time. Look at Chrom.
That implies that it was bad that we didn't get a boring lord.

Well you're not wrong.

Any lord is boring compared to Hector.

Shitty things happen all the time. I'm not saying it's for sure or anything, just voicing my concern for the possibility of G&W not returning.

your concerns are likely invalid but feel free to "I FUCKING KNEW IT" in the event that it occurs

I think, in terms of "worrying about returning", here's your list

• Don't worry at all
    • Falco
    • Ganondorf
    • Jigglypuff
    • Ness
    • Mr. Game and Watch
    • Ice Climbers
    • Meta Knight
    • Wario
  • Little sketchy
    • Wolf
    • Lucas
  • Don't get your hopes up
    • Snake
    • Squirtle
    • Venasaur
    • Mewtwo
  • No Hopers
    • Pichu
    • Roy
    • Dr. Mario (as a seperate character)
    • Young Link

• Don't worry at all
    • Falco
    • Ganondorf
    • Jigglypuff
    • Ness
    • Mr. Game and Watch
    • Ice Climbers
    • Meta Knight
    • Wario

If that's the case then what's taking Sakurai so long to confirm them? Or at the very least, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Wario & Ness? I mean I expect the others there to be unlockable but c'mon, those four? With only a month left before the Japanese version launches? And that's not getting into how many franchises still lack stages.

As for this Gameboy stage, I hate to say this but.....

It looks too small for Smash standards and makes for too many easy KOs. I'm all for retro ideas like this from Sakurai but this one is just too crowded for its own good.

Who says the grey part is the edge? It could be like Tomodachi Life and disappear when you're behind it.
Or it could be like Flat Zone and you can walk behind it for a short distance.

9e5.jpg

I totes ship it

instead we got TWO boring lords
:PUN:

Uh, excuse me, didn't you hear how Robin said "Time to tip the scales!"
That is worth at least 5 personalities on the black market.

If that's the case then what's taking Sakurai so long to confirm them? Or at the very least, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Wario & Ness? I mean I expect the others there to be unlockable but c'mon, those four? With only a month left before the Japanese version launches? And that's not getting into how many franchises still lack stages.

What are you 2?
I CAN'T SEE THEM, THEY MUST BE GONE.

And you don't expect Ness to be unlockable?
One of the four who was unlockable in the first game.
Who was also unlockable in Brawl.

Uh, excuse me, didn't you hear how Robin said "Time to tip the scales!"
That is worth at least 5 personalities on the black market.

What are you 2?
I CAN'T SEE THEM, THEY MUST BE GONE.

And you don't expect Ness to be unlockable?
One of the four who was unlockable in the first game.
Who was also unlockable in Brawl.

No I'm paranoid and impatient.

Also I'd like to point out that he wasn't unlockable in Melee and neither was Captain Falcon. And who was the last veteran to be revealed on the site? Hint hint.

No I'm paranoid and impatient.

Also I'd like to point out that he wasn't unlockable in Melee and neither was Captain Falcon. And who was the last veteran to be revealed on the site? Hint hint.

Alright, let's break this down real fast.

In 64 there's four unlockables, Ness, Falcon, Luigi, and Jigglypuff.
In Melee, both Falcon and Ness are part of the starting roster, while Luigi and Jigglypuff are left unlockable.
In Brawl, all four of them go back to being unlockable.
And now in 3DS/WiiU, Luigi and Falcon are part of the starting roster and just watch as Ness and Jigglypuff are unlockable.

It's almost a pattern at this point.

Reactions: Jutsei

• Don't worry at all
    • Falco
    • Ganondorf
    • Jigglypuff
    • Ness
    • Mr. Game and Watch
    • Ice Climbers
    • Meta Knight
    • Wario

I'd actually dump Ice Climbers into the 'Little Sketchy' section. Because Rosalina and Luma exist.

Ice and Rosa are similar concepts with different executions, though
that's like saying Carl should be removed because Relius exists

Alright, let's break this down real fast.

In 64 there's four unlockables, Ness, Falcon, Luigi, and Jigglypuff.
In Melee, both Falcon and Ness are part of the starting roster, while Luigi and Jigglypuff are left unlockable.
In Brawl, all four of them go back to being unlockable.
And now in 3DS/WiiU, Luigi and Falcon are part of the starting roster and just watch as Ness and Jigglypuff are unlockable.

It's almost a pattern at this point.
They've revealed unlockable characters before release back in the Brawl days. Granted, they were the third-party characters, but still important to note.

If that's the case then what's taking Sakurai so long to confirm them? Or at the very least, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Wario & Ness?
Two reasons I can think of: 1. to preserve mystique and get people to buy the game and see if they're back. 2. to troll you.

Whoopsies, nothing here but broken dreams. My Bad :^)

Someone made a fake countdown to a new character. Because it wouldn't be Smash Bros speculation without a ton of fakes and troll attempts.

I didn't think there'd ever be a day we'd get Giantess Art in a Skullheart thread.
Let alone one with implied shrinking too.
I kind of expected this kind of thing, but I thought it would be Lucina and Male Robin first.

I'd actually dump Ice Climbers into the 'Little Sketchy' section. Because Rosalina and Luma exist.

By that logic we better dump Falco into "little sketchy" because fox exists. And Jigglypuff too because Kirby exists. Also Ganondorf because Captain Falcon exists.

By that logic we better dump Falco into "little sketchy" because fox exists. And Jigglypuff too because Kirby exists. Also Ganondorf because Captain Falcon exists.

Listen here you little shit.

Bitch got rekt.