• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

0CRtOZL.png

:V

I think "Ness fucks Porky's shit up", "DK and Diddy go Matrix on some Bowser baddies" and "Falcon and Olimar" are tied for best cutscene.

Also, I finally beat Super Mario Galaxy today.
Gotta say, definitely more jazzed to play Rozalina now.
Should probably get Galaxy 2 off Amazon or something.

My copy of Galaxy 1 is fucked to where trying to go to the final Bowser boss causes a disk read error.

JUST as I finally get all 120 stars to unlock Luigi mode, too. <Sniff...>

I'm really surprised at the quality of the story book though.
Holy shit.
though at this point I'm utterly unsurprised by death and fucked up stuff in Nintendo.
I'm surprised I didn't realize it sooner.
Especially with that fucking piano in Mario 64

Dedede was like the anti-hero though. Didn't he use those timed badges because he knew that the world would be engulfed by subspace, and made precautionary measures? That's what I've heard.

Dedede is best character.

Also, I finally beat Super Mario Galaxy today.
Gotta say, definitely more jazzed to play Rozalina now.
Should probably get Galaxy 2 off Amazon or something.

If you liked the story elements of Galaxy 1... just a heads up, there's almost zero story in Galaxy 2. Heck, it's non-canon to Galaxy 1 sorta kinda.

Don't go in expecting a sequel. Go in expecting a storyless mission pack. You'll enjoy it much more.

Dedede was like the anti-hero though. Didn't he use those timed badges because he knew that the world would be engulfed by subspace, and made precautionary measures? That's what I've heard.

Dedede is best character.

Yeah, that's one of the plot points that got cut from Subspace; Dedede ended up finding out that Tabuu was a thing, and then made the Trophy Pins to make sure Tabuu didn't fuck everything up.

I still shed a tear every time I read it.
It was so high that Miyamoto sucked out all story elements of SMG 2

If you liked the story elements of Galaxy 1... just a heads up, there's almost zero story in Galaxy 2. Heck, it's non-canon to Galaxy 1 sorta kinda.

Don't go in expecting a sequel. Go in expecting a storyless mission pack. You'll enjoy it much more.
Yes yes, I know, I've heard about that.
Kinda sucks, but hey we got the best Mario character out of it.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH WHY DID WE GET BABY ROSALINA AND NOT CUTE LITTLE GIRL ROSALINA
TIME PARADOXES BE DAMNED SHE NEEDED SOME OTHER ACTIVITIES TO DO

It was so high that Miyamoto sucked out all story elements of SMG 2

Yes yes, I know, I've heard about that.
Kinda sucks, but hey we got the best Mario character out of it.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH WHY DID WE GET BABY ROSALINA AND NOT CUTE LITTLE GIRL ROSALINA
TIME PARADOXES BE DAMNED SHE NEEDED SOME OTHER ACTIVITIES TO DO
I would've liked Baby DK... if we're talking about MK8.

I mean,
the dramatic reveal
itself
was entirely self-contained within the one post.
This reveal was not well choreographed at all.

Time's almost up, let's hope for something rad.
Unless Sakurai feels like flexing his troll muscles some more

......Am I the only one who thinks that, if Bowser Jr is actually in game, having his alts be the other Koopalings would be pretty damn fantastic?

Okay I thought so.

Also, despite being on #TeamProbablyFake I find all this talk of leaks exciting cuz of the uncertainty of it all.
Place your bets now!

I dunno about it, I don't want some parts of the rumored leak, and some part I totally love. Obviously, leaving vets out to be DLC is a no-no unless finishing them in time for the disc release was totally out of reach, but then I have no real problems with the alleged newcomers, especially Duck Hunt Animals, and then there's Shulk who never really needed any "leaks" to feel like a shoo-in.

I'm trying to convince my friend why Amatarasu from Okami will never be a playable character in Smash AND SHE'S JUST NOT GETTING IT.
I wouldn't COMPLETELY debunk it, Okamiden for DS, Okami ported to Wii...
It's just very very very unlikely.

I'm trying to convince my friend why Amatarasu from Okami will never be a playable character in Smash AND SHE'S JUST NOT GETTING IT.
I have a friend who thinks Yu Narukami will be in the game because of Persona Q. She just can't seem to understand that'll never happen.

I will boycott Smash 4 if Sakurai doesn't make the completely obvious choice and make Valkyrie from the Adventure of Valkyrie series a playable character.

Back