• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

No, there's pictures floating around of Tharja and Candy Kong trophies now, AKA things that the ESRB would actually need to be shown. It's real. I'm very displeased with this leak, but saying it's fake at this point is just putting your hands over your ears and screaming.

That's a reaaaally good point actually

And getting run over with a car

and betting online

and Wario farting on you

Those are all objectional things that the ESRB would have to look at

Well fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. So much for #teamnocuts, 4 fucking characters got cut. And if they are in the game somehow, they're locked behind a paywall. Nintendo has finally gone the way of EA, it is truly a sad day for all Nintendo fans.

At the very least, we got Shulk. But no Ice Climbers really makes this roster bittersweet. Another reason to stick to Melee/Project M I suppose.
Being this butthurt over the disclusion of 4 veteran characters is just fucking childish. Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link and Mewtwo got canned in the transition to Brawl and everyone seemed to be able to get over that. Grow up a bit.

That's a reaaaally good point actually

And getting run over with a car

and betting online

and Wario farting on you

Those are all objectional things that the ESRB would have to look at

I look forward to a week from now when Nintendo files a lawsuit against the ESRB and someone loses their goddamn job for this shit. When was the last time the fucking ESRB broke contract? Like holy shit, of all the places to leak...

I LIKE SCREAMING

But in all seriousness, wow really?

Bowser Jr. + Dr. Mario makes 7 Mario series characters, and that's not counting Yoshi, Wario, or Donkey Kong.

Reactions: Rellek
I'm going to believe this is fake until the bitter end.
Sakurai hopefully is gonna show something soon.

Also, apparently there's still more characters not seen in the ESRB thing
So Ice Climbers still might be in with some others.

QqAGwki.png

Oh boy

I'm going to believe this is fake until the bitter end.
Sakurai hopefully is gonna show something soon.

Also, apparently there's still more characters not seen in the ESRB thing
So Ice Climbers still might be in with some others.

Yes, we know. You don't have to keep telling us.

I LIKE SCREAMING

But in all seriousness, wow really?

Bowser Jr. + Dr. Mario makes 7 Mario series characters, and that's not counting Yoshi, Wario, or Donkey Kong.
Well I mean consider how fucking huge those series are for Nintendo... Mario + Yoshi + Donkey Kong + Wario = At least 60% of Nintendo's games.

the thing that gets me the most is that early on
Sakurai said that the design philosophy he was focusing on was adding character that have uniqueness from a gameplay perspective
as opposed to just adding characters for the sake of characters
now some of this final roster just seems like
characters added for the sake of more characters
sakurai is a poopy butthole

Reactions: Eben
Being this butthurt over the disclusion of 4 veteran characters is just fucking childish. Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link and Mewtwo got canned in the transition to Brawl and everyone seemed to be able to get over that. Grow up a bit.

Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, and Roy were clones. I liked all of them, but their exclusion was logical. Mewtwo, however, I am still to this day upset about. Wolf, Lucas, and whoever the 3rd cut was make me a little bit annoyed because Lucas is the only Mother 3 representation and Wolf is a villain--something smash could always use more of. That said I'm not THAT bothered by their exclusion. What really bothers me is locking them behind a paywall, a shitty practice for shitty companies not named Nintendo.

Ice Climbers' exclusion will bother me just as much as Mewtwo's and I will probably never get over it. I didn't play them much, I certainly couldn't use them, but since Melee they've felt like an essential part of Smash and have always been a very unique character. Loss of Ice Climbers would be worse than Mewtwo if I didn't already love the shit out of Mewtwo due to his pokemon origins.

I don't see why you call this an overreaction. I'm upset at an unnecessary and random cut and the beginning of shitty practices rarely ever seen used by Nintendo. At least I'm not being petty about it and refusing to buy the game over this (like I know many already have and personally know some who will upon hearing this news). It's still smash, it still has a lot of characters I love and will be a blast to play, but it won't be the same without them. And if they are paywalled, I will pay through that fucking wall immediately though begrudgingly, because a smash roster without them isn't a smash roster I want to play with.

Reactions: Jutsei
HOW WOULD DARK PIT EVEN WORK

DOES HE KICK PINK ANNIE IN THE DICK AND STEAL HER TRIDENT?

CAPS LOCK IS FUN

It's called over 108+ Weapons they could give both Pit and him. That's been my argument since Day 1.

4Chan user:
If the last three are Dixie/K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo, perfect roster. Fuck it I've been on the ride this long might as well wait it out.
Leaker:
You got them all right.

Except Ridley and K. Rool

oh boy

Reactions: Cawtime and Rellek
i might just skip 3ds version so I can still be disappointed but i'll only be disappointed

IN HD

Buy the 3DS version, which offers the special, exclusive feature of not only making you pay for "DLC" characters once, but TWICE!

4Chan user:

Leaker:

oh boy

Trading Mewtwo for Ice Climbers? I am conflicted. :/

Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, and Roy were clones. I liked all of them, but their exclusion was logical. Mewtwo, however, I am still to this day upset about. Wolf, Lucas, and whoever the 3rd cut was make me a little bit annoyed because Lucas is the only Mother 3 representation and Wolf is a villain--something smash could always use more of. That said I'm not THAT bothered by their exclusion. What really bothers me is locking them behind a paywall, a shitty practice for shitty companies not named Nintendo.

Ice Climbers' exclusion will bother me just as much as Mewtwo's and I will probably never get over it. I didn't play them much, I certainly couldn't use them, but since Melee they've felt like an essential part of Smash and have always been a very unique character. Loss of Ice Climbers would be worse than Mewtwo if I didn't already love the shit out of Mewtwo due to his pokemon origins.

I don't see why you call this an overreaction. I'm upset at an unnecessary and random cut and the beginning of shitty practices rarely ever seen used by Nintendo. At least I'm not being petty about it and refusing to buy the game over this (like I know many already have and personally know some who will upon hearing this news). It's still smash, it still has a lot of characters I love and will be a blast to play, but it won't be the same without them. And if they are paywalled, I will pay through that fucking wall immediately though begrudgingly, because a smash roster without them isn't a smash roster I want to play with.
Ah, I see. Your tone sounded as if you were rather upset about it. In that case, I feel the same way. A little disappointed in the lack of Mewtwo, but whatever.

If Hades is somehow not playable over Dark Pit I'm gonna be really upset
But still buy the game
Lol he's not.

It's called over 108+ Weapons they could give both Pit and him. That's been my argument since Day 1.
Trust me when I say the main reason I said that was the Annie part.

honestly i'm not convinced on DLC characters being there until there's concrete proof that they're there and that they need to be paid for

Didn't the leaker say not all of the characters were unlocked, maybe the Ice climbers are secret characters now

honestly i'm not convinced on DLC characters being there until there's concrete proof that they're there and that they need to be paid for

There's an Ice Climbers enemy in Smash Run. Either they're in the game as one of the "3 remaining characters", or they're DLC. Then again, there is also a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run...

Even if Ridley isn't playable, there's still hope for a playable boss mode in the Wii U version, right?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

the last characters are

Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Chorus Men.

Sakurai: "We were making so many newcomers we forgot to budget for all the veterans. Now YOU get to pay for them instead!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

the last characters are

Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Chorus Men.

You being serious or just trolling?

I'll only accept Dixie if she isn't a Diddy clone. Otherwise I'm gonna be pissed she got in over K. Rool. And still no Ice Climbers? And why the Chorus Men over Marshall if any Rhythm Heaven characters?

Sakurai: "We were making so many newcomers we forgot to budget for all the veterans. Now YOU get to pay for them instead!"

Okay that's it, I'm done tolerating this. Now you're just being a twat. A twat on the same level as another anti-Nintendo twat I know over at ScrewAttack at that and that's bullshit.

let's crowdfund the next smash bros game

the highest contributors get to add a playable character

Personally my verdict is that this is a fake that was made and based on the last fake (The pictures).
Why would they post the images if they just could've posted all these videos?

Also not really a fair point but something my friend pointed out
"the player handle is ESRB0083
as in, esrBOOB3" something that can see as "hahaha I'm fake" but taht's stretching it

You being serious or just trolling?

I'll only accept Dixie if she isn't a Diddy clone. Otherwise I'm gonna be pissed she got in over K. Rool. And still no Ice Climbers? And why the Chorus Men over Marshall if any Rhythm Heaven characters?

Okay that's it, I'm done tolerating this. Now you're just being a twat. A twat on the same level as another anti-Nintendo twat I know over at ScrewAttack at that and that's bullshit.

Leaker said Dixie, Chorus Men, and Mewtwo yes. Whether it's true or they're just fucking with us at this point is unknown. And let's be honest, if Dixie is in it's probably as a Diddy clone. At least she's a logical clone; making Dixie a Diddy alt costume would be awkward.

And I don't see how I'm being anti-Nintendo. I'm about as far from anti-Nintendo as you can be, but that doesn't mean I have to take their bullshit lightly and blindly ignore every terrible thing they do. I love Nintendo, but they're not some pure company with the interest of the consumer in mind over money.

When Chrom becomes literally the only character from the Gematsu leak NOT confirmed:

4d9.gif

<I'm sorry>

Lol, Gematsu leak was right, they just got Chrom mixed up with Robin or Lucina.

Reactions: Cawtime
lol @ Dixie Kong. I highly doubt there was a single person in the whole world who thought of, never mind wanted, that character when Smash 4 was announced.

There was a lot of support for her on Smash Boards.

I think what we need really soon is a Nintendo Direct.
or a Smash Direct.
We're 20 days away from release in Japan.
Something's bound to come up

And I don't see how I'm being anti-Nintendo. I'm about as far from anti-Nintendo as you can be, but that doesn't mean I have to take their bullshit lightly and blindly ignore every terrible thing they do. I love Nintendo, but they're not some pure company with the interest of the consumer in mind over money.

Well it's hard to take that seriously when you're bitching about a game you HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED YET! This is why I hate the fighting game community when it comes to these crossover fighters now: you put two or three characters people don't like in and everyone starts denouncing it as crap, even if the gameplay is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Fuck that.

And how about you stop bitching about DLC until we get full proof of that confirmed first. For all we know, it's free DLC.

lol @ Dixie Kong. I highly doubt there was a single person in the whole world who thought of, never mind wanted, that character when Smash 4 was announced.
I... I wanted Dixie.

Reactions: Rellek
Something I noticed while watching the videos w/ Shulk in them again: 1. Yeah I was right. Air Slash is his recovery. For those of you upset that he has a "Dolphin Slash" for a recovery, that's sadly what that move was in Xenoblade Chronicles. And 2. His victory theme is a piece of this:

I approve of this. I approve of this greatly.

EDIT: Also in regards to certain people being clones, I'd like to remind everyone that customizable moves exist. Characters may get different variations than the characters they're cloned from.

I... I wanted Dixie.
I'm sorry for my transgressions, senpai sama-kun

Seriously though, you must be inhuman. Jk i luv u ddb

Last edited:
Reactions: Cawtime and DDB
Jesus, this thread went absolutely batshit in the couple hours I left.
Where is this DLC thing even coming from, which screenshot shows characters being locked behind a paywall?

The leaker just posted this

Now, it's text based, so take it with a grain of salt, BUT

Mewtwo, Mach Rider, Impa, Dixie, and Ridley

DLC was fake just to fuck with you retards