• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Doesn't really look THAT bad to me.

But then again I've been playing a lot on a modded version of P:M one of my friends has that had a ton of atrocious model swaps, so that might just be okay by comparison.

I beg to differ. The American one is at least good looking in Sm4sh. This PM one is atrocious.

Still doesn't make it accurate
they changed it from a crop top to a sports bra and made it way too skintight.

Can't really fault Nintendo for that
they had to work with fitting the costume onto a character model that assumes it's clothing textures are skin tight by default

Zero suit probably shouldn't have been so skintight to begin with.

I would have prefered Turtleneck Suit Samus myself

0449195176679396x528.jpg

Man, people can be assholes in the competitive community sometimes.

For those of you who don't understand what happened here, Fortune (Jigglypuff) landed a hype rest on SG (Fox), and accidentally unplugged his controller afterwards. SG, being a nice guy, paused the game to allow Fortune a chance to plug his controller back in. Fortune, being a marginally less nice guy, tried to force SG to take a stock off for breaking the pause rule (No pausing the game at a point when a character is not dying, dead, or on a Recovery Platform), not only spitting in the face of the kind gesture, but also ignoring the reasoning behind the pause rule (No interrupting player 'flow', or stopping their combos and recoveries), but also the fact that, because he unplugged his controller, he technically should have instantly lost game one. Nothing came of this; the TOs where quick to point out the asshole-ish nature of the event, and set them back to playing as normal.
When questioned about this later on, he said that he "didn't care about sportsmanship."
I don't think I like Fortune very much.

Oh, PM alts looking good, besides the ZSS face looking weird, but if that's the price we have to pay for Shinobi Squirtle, then I am more than willing.

am i the only one who

nevermind

No, actually, that is the first thing that came to my mind as well.
Both of these are real players who have been to events before this.
But it is still a fun coincidence, especially considering where we are right now.

Man, people can be assholes in the competitive community sometimes.

For those of you who don't understand what happened here, Fortune (Jigglypuff) landed a hype rest on SG (Fox), and accidentally unplugged his controller afterwards. SG, being a nice guy, paused the game to allow Fortune a chance to plug his controller back in. Fortune, being a marginally less nice guy, tried to force SG to take a stock off for breaking the pause rule (No pausing the game at a point when a character is not dying, dead, or on a Recovery Platform), not only spitting in the face of the kind gesture, but also ignoring the reasoning behind the pause rule (No interrupting player 'flow', or stopping their combos and recoveries), but also the fact that, because he unplugged his controller, he technically should have instantly lost game one. Nothing came of this; the TOs where quick to point out the asshole-ish nature of the event, and set them back to playing as normal.
When questioned about this later on, he said that he "didn't care about sportsmanship."
I don't think I like Fortune very much.
specifically the melee community, i have not near as much seen this in the brawl community. i have had the pause rule pulled on me in a melee tourney, a melee tourney that was free, with no prize and one i was busy helping run. it's reasons like that why i don't play melee. The scumbag ratio in the competitive melee community is way too high.

I've played competitive melee and brawl since 08, having been to more tournaments than I can remember.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I've met way more scumbag brawl players.

i met people on for glory that wouldn't even let me crouch ten times as ROB before starting the match
and they were all playing "top tier" characters too
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

zlCfzSpjcawkrBvZBD

"Pic of the day. Smash Tour is really hard to explain in words--it's tough to give out guidance tips with such limited space to type!! So I'll stop myself from saying too much--just try playing this mode three times with your friends. Smash Bros. will definitely feel even more like a party if you try this out."

zlCfzSpjciky1NrBi0

"There are three types of game boards. If you turn on the Custom Fighters option, the fighters will be preset with custom special moves. The number on a fighter's portrait on the game board indicates which custom move set that fighter is using--this also adds to the randomness of this mode."

Rule 1 of Smash Tour: There are now rules in Smash Tour
Rule 2: I lie a lot

Things change a lot, man. Give the guy a break. He may be the director, but there's certain things he has to do for the sake of the game.

I'm actually super excited for Smash Tour, if only cause I get what it is. Explaining it to my friends for next Saturday (when my Smash U launch party's gonna be) will be a pain.

Oh well.

Eh, like he said, it's likely easier to just play it once to understand how to play it.

I plan to bust this out in my party as well. It's gonna be sick.

I do not know what is being discussed except that it has something to do with Smash Bros. Yay.
I want Count Bleck as a playable character...

did someone mention super paper mario
i got a short essay I could toss in here about how it's terrible if anyone wants me too

Ruin I swear to God if you post any kind of essay about Super Paper Mario I will write one twice as long about how Samus is being mistreated in tons of minute and discreet ways that no one cares about and you don't want that.
Nobody wants that.

Last edited:
I do not know what is being discussed except that it has something to do with Smash Bros. Yay.
I want Count Bleck as a playable character...

Woah woah slow down, Paper Mario just got it's first significant form of recognition this Smash, and Paper Mario himself isn't even a playable character.

Also one-off side characters (from spinoffs no less) will never get in.

That guy
Since when is dark pit a one-off side character?
If there's an uprising sequel he has 110% chance of being in and he's one of the main characters in the game he's in.

Since when is dark pit a one-off side character?
If there's an uprising sequel he has 110% chance of being in and he's one of the main characters in the game he's in.

Sakurai has stated in the past that he has no plans to make a new Kid Icarus for a very long time,
but fair enough on the side character thing, but I wouldn't call him a main character, either.
But if that example doesn't do it for you...
Falcomeleeclear.png
(Circa Melee)
Drmarioinsulin.jpg

Back