• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Not to mention that the holidays are coming up.
The first big pulse of sales would have been on Black Friday, but the coming two weeks promise to hold just as many.

Aside from shadow ball, I'm expecting him to have new moves. I didn't enjoy his playstyle in melee and I'm not into P:M, so hopefully Sakurai and his team will do him right this time.

It'd be a lot better if it actually reflected projectiles properly. Don't know how that oversight got through.

I never played him, how did Confusion even work?

It was a command grab that caused a knockdown and could theoretically reflect projectiles. Problem is the knockdown is kinda really easy to tech out of and the projectiles it reflected didn't actually do anything to the person who originally threw the projectile.

I never played him, how did Confusion even work?

If you're far away, and a projectile gets thrown, you can use it as a reflector, and then get punished by anything the opponent can do because there is a mountain of endlag on the stupid move.
Up close, you hit 'em with the grab, maybe while they were blocking. The enemy will do the flip thing for a little bit, and then this happens:

NyUCIzy.gif

It's really not good.

It would be even better if Confusion and Disable switched names so they can actually have a somewhat indicative name.

If you're far away, and a projectile gets thrown, you can use it as a reflector, and then get punished by anything the opponent can do because there is a mountain of endlag on the stupid move.
Up close, you hit 'em with the grab, maybe while they were blocking. The enemy will do the flip thing for a little bit, and then this happens:

NyUCIzy.gif

It's really not good.
So it's a counter, but not a counter because you'll fuckin get rekt by it?

you sure the move that stops enemies in their tracks (with eye contact) shouldn't be called Disable
or that the move that sends enemies for a loop by spinning them wildly shouldn't be called Confusion
ok then

Also, remember those GC controllers themed around Mario, Luigi, Peach and Yoshi? Now there's gonna be more controllers for DK, Wario, Link and Samus.
As someone who has purchased one of these controllers and spent some time getting used to the feel of them, recommend not buying it if you are thinking it will be just like the GC controller.

Obviously it's not exactly like the GC controller. It's a third party, licensed knock-off and it is really good for being just that. However, I can't get past the feel of how bulky it is and the trigger/shoulder buttons are actually painful. Where the GCN controller cradles the index finger with a "U" shaped groove on the R button, these controllers can only be described as a "J" type shape where the finger can and frequently slip over the side of the button, causing it to be incredibly uncomfortable. Of course, when you let go of the button, there's no longer that issue, but having your finger slip over the edge like that happens too often and I really dislike that.

Other than that, the buttons are great. Sticks have a cool feel that I enjoyed mostly (even though they aren't analog) and the material is very nice to the touch.

8/10

Last edited:
A Casual Smash Bros Story:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/275683935/sakurai-doesnt-intend-to-patch-smash-anymore#p275690801

>head designer reminds everyone that the game is meant for casuals

Imbalances like this can piss off casuals as well anon.

> You guys wanna play smash?
> Naw. Fuck Derrick. He always plays Diddy and goes for the bullshit
> Well maybe you need to get good, JOHN
> Your girl already said I'm good after I banged her last night, Derrick
> Alright guys, calm down
> No, fuck you Steve. You always want to be the good guy but then you turn around and talk shit behind our backs like the little faggot you are
> RELAX GUYS! RELAX!
> You're such a pussy Steve. No wonder Susie let Derrick and I spit roast her last night. She needed good pounding with that limp shit Slim Jim you're packing!
> WHAT THE FUCK?! WHAT?! YOU'RE FUCKING AROUND RIGHT?
> Your girl is a slut Steve.
> SHUT UP DERRICK! SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I BEST YOUR ASS!
> I'd like to see you try you fucking skeleton
> YO!
> OH NO!
> STEVE! CALM DOWN MAN! PUT DOWN THE GUN DUDE! RELAX!
> OH! OH! NOW YOU WANT TO CALM DOWN? NOW YOU WANT TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN?
> STEVE! HOLY SHIT! YOU SHOT JOHN!
> SHUT THE FUCK UP DERRICK!
> WHY STEVE!
> YOU FUCKING KNOW WHY DERRICK! I TOLD YOU! I FUCKING TOLD YOU! I WAS GOING TO PROCESS TO HER TOMORROW DERRICK! BUT EVERY ONE KEPT TALKING SHIT ABOUT HER! I DIDN'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT! I DON'T KNOW WHO BUT SOME SICK FUCK SENT ME A VIDEO! WHO THE FUCK WAS THE THIS GUY DERRICK? WAS IT CARLOS? IS THAT WHY HE ISN'T HERE?
> Steve, we were drunk man. It was a mistake. Please man. It was a long time ago.
> SHUT THE FUCK UP DERRICK! DO YOU LOVES MY NEW FUCKING CARPET? PRETTY FUCKING BIG RIGHT? IT WAS MEANT FOR 3 BUT NOW I GOTTA GET ANOTHER ONE FOR THAT BITCH ASS CARLOS! LAY DOWN ON THE CARPET DERRICK! WHY DON'T YOU SPOON WITH JOHN AGAIN LIKE YOU DID THAT NIGHT YOU MOTHERFUCKER!
> Steve. I don't want to die. Please
> THEN PICK UP THE FUCKING CONTROLLER AND SETTLE IT IN SMASH!
>B-but this is just a Wii Remote. Don't you have a GameCube ada-
> SHUT THE FUCK UP DERRICK! THEY DISCONTINUED!

JESUS CHRIST! It took so many edits to make this work.

Last edited:
Im playing this game for the story and Amiibo

I just need villager and Marth to complete current Wave 1 and 2 amiibo sets.

Good luck findin' em, I mean, you aren't going out to stores to find them, right?

i stopped trying to go find them at stores. at this point im shit out of luck. I regret not getting them day 1 when i saw them at target :(
ill just wait for a re-issue. same thing... please nintendo.

What.
Keppo

you guys know you can always use places like Amazon or eBay right?
I dont feel like paying 60$-100$ for a 12$ trinket. at this point they're "discontinued" until Nintendo decides to produce more.

zlCfzSwVbO8TCswIw3

I did it. Spoiler: it was really fucking hard and took really fucking long.

This has got to be the hardest challenge in the game.
That picture. I want it! I need it.

Back