• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

it all depends on if Bomberman comes with Redial or not
the most important piece of Bomberman music

Reactions: Φ
it all depends on if Bomberman comes with Redial or not
the most important piece of Bomberman music

Unfortunately I don't think that Redial is in the game yet, which is disappointing.
Even if it was in though, it's Super Smash Flash, and Flash has this weird vendetta for high-quality sound.

So have any of you ever heard of a Gamecube Controller shell being modded with the internal components of a Wii U Pro controller? Has that really not been done yet?

I feel like I want to take on the project, but I want to see if there was any stuff you might have seen first. Being without my Gamecube controller is really bugging me and I'm willing to try just about anything.

No clue but I'll do some looking myself.

Terrible Tales MC and man who does NOTHING but throw bombs? I'M IN

Can we please ban DDB from posting in this thread on account of pissing me off?

Reactions: Covenant and Jutsei
isn't tales that one really middling jrpg series where the the only good games never left japan for some reason

isn't tales that one really middling jrpg series where the the only good games never left japan for some reason

Abyss was alright and I liked Symphonia,
but other than that, yeah.

Can we please ban DDB from posting in this thread on account of pissing me off?

Just ignore him bro.
It's great, every so often you forget he's even on your ignore list so you end up forgetting his existence entirely.

Just ignore him bro.
It's great, every so often you forget he's even on your ignore list so you end up forgetting his existence entirely.
That's just mean though, brah. I know that i'm on quite a few people's ignore lists because of my rather vocal nature when it comes to expressing how I feel on a subject. Now, when I try to bring forth some actually interesting and engaging subjects, only 2 or 3 people even see what I have to say and so that potential subject is lost.

Really though, DDB isn't even that bad. Just very passionate about what he believes in. #GotYourBackBro

Yeah but,
he's also a dick about what he believes in.
And he's backing a shitty character-I MEAN.

Fair enough. I guess I don't see it like that, though understand how you could see it like that. Still pretty mean.

I like DDB just fine. The best thing to do is to not take him seriously. Ever.

So there are a few people who like Gannondorf on this thread.
If you are one of those people, chances are you know BizzaroFlame.
In fact, you may have already seen some of the plays in this video.
But for those who haven't, may I introduce,
Disrespect: The Player.

Abyss was alright and I liked Symphonia,
but other than that, yeah.
Graces, Vesperia, and Xilla weren't bad either. Tales games in general are one of the few franchises where their games just don't suck :I

Graces, Vesperia, and Xilla weren't bad either. Tales games in general are one of the few franchises where their games just don't suck :I

I felt like Vesperia was below average, I hated Xillia, and I wasn't a huge fan of what I played of Graces.

I felt like Vesperia was below average, I hated Xillia, and I wasn't a huge fan of what I played of Graces.
People have different taste. Most people loved Xillia and Vesperia (I personally thought Vesperia felt too much like Abyss).

Reactions: Rellek
zlCfzSyxl7YXIzrbxf

Reactions: TheMightyBox
If I had to guess
strong spatial control, the ability to rack up good damage at a distance while still having some decent launchers, and she's competent enough without a Luma and doesn't have to do anything to summon new ones.

So I have been hearing that Rosalina is deemed top tier in this. Why exactly is she regarded as so high?

Luma gives her a very large pool of easy links to rack up damage quickly, both she and Luma have very strong kill moves with all of their smashes, and Launch Star is also a pretty strong recovery move. She can also break grabs really easily, and considering that, like, 90% of combos in Smash 4 start with a grab, that's no small bonus.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
Luma can help her out if she's asleep, stunned (I think), etc. Plus her moves deal crazy damage and as a Jigglypuff main this bothers me (I can't land a good rest or else Luma will wreck me). But that's just my two cents.

Luma can help her out if she's asleep, stunned (I think), etc. Plus her moves deal crazy damage and as a Jigglypuff main this bothers me (I can't land a good rest or else Luma will wreck me). But that's just my two cents.

First off, Luma still receives inputs even if Rosalina is not under normal state (Shielding, grabbed, asleep, etc.), but Luma disappears when Rosa dies, and re-spawns on the recovery platform with her, so I don't see how a Rest would put you in danger, unless Luma is getting a hit in during a screen or star KO.

Last edited:
RIP. I must be doing something wrong, then. I need to brush up on my Smash stuff.

First off, Luma still receives inputs even if Rosalina is not under normal state (Shielding, grabbed, asleep, etc.)

Do you think this being taken away entirely would be too big of a nerf? It doesn't necessarily take away her character gimmick entirely.

Do you think this being taken away entirely would be too big of a nerf? It doesn't necessarily take away her character gimmick entirely.

It would remove her ability to break grabs, which would be huge for her placement on the tier list. I personally find her ability to just break a grab for free kinda gross, so I wouldn't be opposed to the change.
But, you know, no more balance patches, so like fuck that, I guess.

I don't think that's necessary, as it's part of her character. I just think they should nerf luma's skills to do less damage, knockback, die easier, have a significantly longer respawn timer, or some combination of all of those.

I also had an idea where Rosalina can't use her up+b without luma (this includes luma being on the other side of the stage for whatever reason). Considering in the Mario Galaxy games a luma is what let's you use a launch star it would make sense anyway. It'd be a massive nerf but it'd force you to not treat your luma like disposable trash and instead try to protect it at all costs. If Ice Climbers could lose their up+b permanently when one died I don't see why Rosalina can't lose her up+b temporarily, especially since she's much stronger on her own that just a single ice climber.

But, you know, no more balance patches, so like fuck that, I guess.
Still don't buy that, how do you make a dlc character and not do any balance patches afterward? Maybe he meant no balance patches until mewtwo?
Or maybe he just wants to shoot himself in the throat, I don't know, logic's never stopped him from refusing to patch before.

If Ice Climbers could lose their up+b permanently when one died I don't see why Rosalina can't lose her up+b temporarily, especially since she's much stronger on her own that just a single ice climber.

The difference being, of course, that you can't launch Popo halfway across the universe and have her sit there without coming back to you. The way Luma works is very different to that of Popo, so comparisons between the two are very rarely apt. RosaLuma is a puppet character, IC are two characters at once.

Still don't buy that, how do you make a dlc character and not do any balance patches afterward? Maybe he meant no balance patches until mewtwo?
Or maybe he just wants to shoot himself in the throat, I don't know, logic's never stopped him from refusing to patch before.

I do expect that maybe MewTwo will get balance patches for him and things relating to him (Like if a character has an infinite only on MewTwo, or if MewTwo has an infinite on a different character, that would get patched), but I don't think that any other tweaks to characters should be expected.
Then again, and no to be rude to the guy, when it comes to game design, Sakurai isn't exactly known for his common sense, and he has a pretty long history of going back on his word when it comes to Smash.

Then again, and no to be rude to the guy, when it comes to game design, Sakurai isn't exactly known for his common sense, and he has a pretty long history of going back on his word when it comes to Smash.
And that lack of common sense is why we love him.

And that lack of common sense is why we love him.

Nah mate.
We love Sakurai because he has ingenious and inventive game mechanic ideas and makes easy to pick up games that are still fun to play after they're mastered.
The lack of common sense is more irritating than anything.

Is it me, or do high level CPU's jump out of grabs WAY too fast?

It's like,
you get out of grabs by waggling the control stick, mashing the A button, whatever the fuck super fast right?
The CPU's are doing that as fast as the game possibly allows, inhumanly fast.
That's why they get out of grabs so fast.

Nah mate.
We love Sakurai because he has ingenious and inventive game mechanic ideas and makes easy to pick up games that are still fun to play after they're mastered.
The lack of common sense is more irritating than anything.
Sakurai is really inconsistently great, but smash 4 was kind of disappointing because the one thing that you can usually expect from him is experimentation and he didn't do any of it with smash 4. It's just the upgraded version of brawl, the major differences in feel are all just fixing his brawl fuck ups. It's still a fun game, I'm having a blast, but this is the only smash game without a distinct identity.
Although I'm starting to get most annoyed by the fact that he constantly talks about how much work he does when he makes these games. I mean you can talk about it but when you talk about it like every fucking week you just sound whiny. And he never credits anyone else on the team when he talks about all the work he does, I would be pretty fucking pissed if I worked the same hours he did and he just kept going on interviews being like "I have destroyed my hands to bring you smash bros, please pity me."

Is it me, or do high level CPU's jump out of grabs WAY too fast?
They do.
This is one of the reasons not to play level 9 cpu's for practice in smash; they teach you to never pummel.

They do.
This is one of the reasons not to play level 9 cpu's for practice in smash; they teach you to never pummel.
whats weird is that Level 50 amiibos don't even breakout that fast.

Can someone explain to me what the fuck an amiibo is and what it's supposed to do?
They're like little figures or something that let you do something in game?

Can someone explain to me what the fuck an amiibo is and what it's supposed to do?
They're like little figures or something that let you do something in game?
They're figures that interact with the game a la skylanders. You put them on the wii u tablet pad thing in the part under the d-pad and they pop up in smash as an AI. The AI can be leveled up to improve its AI and slightly improve its stats, and fed equipment to vastly improve its stats. It also learns from your movements as you play, and saves to the figure, playing a bit more like you do.
They also work on mario kart 8 by unlocking mii outfits based on the amiibo you put in, and the zelda ones do something or other in hyrule warriors. They'll likely keep working with new nintendo releases in the future, and they're also pretty decent quality figures.

Reactions: Denizen