• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

i imagine that the roster choices were done with japan in mind
it wouldn't be surprising if Skull Kid wasn't as popular over there
especially with how much japan loves tingle

Well, I'm just glad the new Fire Emblem game isn't exlusive to New 3DS (And while I havn't played any Xenoblade, it looked beautiful on Wii U). I don't know if the new 3DS is comming to my country also, but the price some site put it on was between (Dunno if this convertion is correct) 370$-430$! I don't have that much money, yet!

The Japanese trailer for the new FE game calls it Fire Emblem If.

No Mewtwo news is surprising, readily anticipating a delay.
New FE game seems to use a modified version of the Awakening engine, which is fine, my problem with Awakening wasn't really the engine. I just hope IntSys replaced literally all the writers of Awakening*, then we'll be good.
Codename: S.T.E.A.M. continues to be impressive, Xenoblade is hype even though we already new about it, new Mario Party is neat I guess, and MM3D is continuing to haunt my soul by not already being out.

Also Japanese Nintendo Direct had a new Rhythm Heaven game

Why was I not informed of this!?
Shit, that means it's probably not getting released, which sucks because I was really hype for a new one of those.

*I don't actually mean that.

Last edited:
Fever reviewed and sold pretty well over here
plus like
they've had japanese direct reveals for stuff that we got too

I was also REALLY hype about the Wii game releases digitally.
For some games that are overpriced ATM, this is perfect.
I don't own any of those three games, and if they also release Xenoblade on there too that'll be just dandy.

my poor babies tho

eQOyALL.jpg

Other than the fact that she looks like she's storing nuts in her mouth for the winter, Lucina looks pretty good. Robin looks shitty but I'm getting both of them ASAP anyway.

And Ness of course, who looks absolutely wonderful.

I'm still waiting for ZSS so I can complete my Metroid collection.
Also known as the collection that won't be usable for anything.

I'm getting Lank for HW
and also possibly Murth and Oik for Code Name STEAM
Slate and Waifu don't interest me as much
nothing else much does either

I missed the direct. Can anyone gimme a list of the wave 4 Amiibos?

Robin, Lucina, Ness, Wario, Pac, and Charizard.

They also announced a Mario-themed series of amiibo, with Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Peach, and Toad.

Edit:
28nivM0.jpg

Last edited:
I'll end up buying Ness because something tells me he'll be hard to find.

Ness, Pac-Man...

You've finally shown.

Ness, Pac-Man...

You've finally shown.
But when's Lucas?

Reactions: DDB
he's coming after Ridley
Well fuck. I better freeze myself at that point.

I am still fuming with anger at how they shafted Skull Kid TWICE
Young fucking Link gets to be playable with Fierce Deity so that's ANOTHER fucking Clone that could've just as easily been a weapon or something
BUT SKULL KID GETS RELEGATED TO A GODDAMNED ALT COSTUME?
TECMO KOEI YOU GOT A LOT TO MAKE UP FOR IN HW 2

Also Japanese Nintendo Direct had a new Rhythm Heaven game

How do you know it's a clone? Do you have the DLC early? Do tell.

I mean it's another fucking Copy character when it could've just as well been a weapon or something.

I'm pretty sure that this was brought up already on a thread that was cast to the Ether, but the difference between characters and weapons is basically non-existent. It would be the exact same amount of work either way.

well it's a completely new model
and it's explicitly the Young Link from Majora's Mask
so it
technically is a different character

but who care about Young Link when we have
tumblr_ni6xu2duVy1stg63io1_500.gif

aw yeah
I agree. Tingle takes the cake for the Majora's Mask dlc.

Other than the fact that she looks like she's storing nuts in her mouth for the winter, Lucina looks pretty good. Robin looks shitty but I'm getting both of them ASAP anyway.

And Ness of course, who looks absolutely wonderful.

You better. If I recall correctly, that mariotehplumber guy threatened to do the same he did with the Rosalina Amiibos with any Robin, Lucina and Palutena Amiibos that come out as well. (I swear we need someone to hack his computer and prevent him from doing so)

Although so far, none of the stores have begun taking preorders for Wave 4 yet.

The definition of clone slips farther and farther away from Nintendo's demographic.

As far as we know, saying this Young Link is a clone of regular Link is essentially like saying that Sheik is a clone of Zelda.
Totally should've been Happy Mask Salesman, tho.

Making this thread about Smash Bros again, I'm pretty sure we can agree that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina need to have a showdown to see who is the cloniest clone of all (even though it's definitely Lucina).

I've actually encountered less Lucinas online than either Olimar or MK, which is a shame because she's my favorite of the three clones.

does lucina even have any different properties to her attacks other than no sweetspot on her sword

Lucina has several different move properties and a couple unique animations, such as a slight flourish on her Neural-B, if I'm not mistaken.

Dark Pit is the most clone character in any of the Smash Bros games. His normals have no property or animation differences at all (which has never been the case with any other Smash character), his Up-B and Down-B are exactly the same as Pit's, his Side-B and Neutral-B have minimal differences, and his final Smash recycles the animation from Zelda's final smash, which is already recycled by Shiek.

Lucina has several different move properties and a couple unique animations, such as a slight flourish on her Neural-B, if I'm not mistaken.

Dark Pit is the most clone character in any of the Smash Bros games. His normals have no property or animation differences at all (which has never been the case with any other Smash character), his Up-B and Down-B are exactly the same as Pit's, his Side-B and Neutral-B have minimal differences, and his final Smash recycles the animation from Zelda's final smash, which is already recycled by Shiek.

Wrong.

The only differences between Marth and Lucina are the lack of tipper, a different animation for their neutral Bs (and even then, the frame data is the same), and a negligible difference between their heights. Lucina is objectively just a worse version of Marth. She doesn't even have a different playstyle like Roy did.

http://smashboards.com/threads/before-you-ask-the-differences-between-marth-and-lucina.376180/

I know this isn't Smash related, but I just have to ask...

Did anyone get any codes for the MH4U demo today!?! I could really use a code D:

I'm asking here since I can't make a Monster Hunter thread and I know some of you get emails from Club Nintendo. I didn't get any codes and I need my Monster Hunter fix... ;_;

Edit: nvm, got one :)

Last edited:
Wrong.

The only differences between Marth and Lucina are the lack of tipper, a different animation for their neutral Bs (and even then, the frame data is the same), and a negligible difference between their heights. Lucina is objectively just a worse version of Marth. She doesn't even have a different playstyle like Roy did.

http://smashboards.com/threads/before-you-ask-the-differences-between-marth-and-lucina.376180/
Huh, I guess I was wrong. My mistake.

For what it's worth though, those differences are still more significant than those of Pit and Dark Pit.

No.
I guess we will just disagree. I feel like Lucina's lack of tipper outweighs the differences from two specials, since it applies to more attacks than... two.

At the same time, my views could just be the result of my butthurt over Dark Pit. I don't know much about Lucina, as I didn't play the new Fire Emblem yet, but I really liked Dark Pit in KI:U. Seeing him become such a lazy clone really disappointed me, so maybe I'm just biased.