• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I don't believe that shit for a second.

They wouldn't seriously be stupid enough to bring back Roy.

I don't believe that shit for a second.

They wouldn't seriously be stupid enough to bring back Roy.
They made 2 near exact copies of the same char. Why not? Dark Pit wasn't called for, and Lucina shoulda stayed an Alt slot option instead of a "No tipper" type move set.

Yes but

Do we really need ANOTHER "Marth but worse"?

It's gotta be a lie, it can't be true. They can't possibly bring back the worst character in all of Melee.

Although Lucina DID get some general damage buffs in this patch, so she's kinda better now.
Also I think Fair has less landing lag now? I heard that's a big factor in how good they are.

First online match of the day was against a Mewtwo, hah, and needless to say it was exciting.

Also Ganon's up air seems a lot faster

Samus got buffs. Praise the Sakurai lord.
(Faster tilts, maybe missiles, and a better nair)

I wanna say that Roy would be fine if they overhauled his moveset, but,
I've given up on that dream by now.

zlCfzTP7gk8jDz3nz0

Mewtwo: Giving Absolutely no fucks.

Reactions: musica
Please someone tell me C. Falcon was buffed, pretty please.

Anyone else more intrigued by Ryu possibly being in?
I mean, right now his theme is just straight from Sf 2, but why would anyone fake that?
Why would that be in the game?
Guess Ryu was picked since they already are working with Capcom and he'd work out pretty good.
But is his FS Shinkuu Hadouken or Satsui no Hado or Shin Shoryuken (Complete with Zoom-in like with the KO Punch)

F*ck Ryu we need either Phoenix Wright or Viewtiful Joe, Street Fighters doesn't need any more representation.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
What if Ryu is an alt costume for Little Mac? No? Ok

I don't really see Ryu as all that possible given that SF5 is going to be coming out and is currently generating Hype for itself. This is the same reason I don't think anyone from Persona is possible with 2 Persona games coming out THIS YEAR. It just wouldn't be feasible for them to make that kind of deal from a business standpoint.

Please someone tell me C. Falcon was buffed, pretty please.

Nope, a small nerf or two, according to Smashboards. And what the fuck, Falcon really doesn't need buffs. He's already an excellent character.

It's gotta be a lie, it can't be true. They can't possibly bring back the worst character in all of Melee.
They already did.

Falcon is unchanged according to Reddit. The only thing that seems to be different about him is a visual thing with his jab.

I'm more happy they fixed Lylat Cruise, myself. That ledge was annoying.

Reactions: Dio Brando
Falcon is unchanged according to Reddit. The only thing that seems to be different about him is a visual thing with his jab.

I'm more happy they fixed Lylat Cruise, myself. That ledge was annoying.
Oh thank goodness, tho i used to be an active member of smashboards back when i was into competitive Melee and Brawl years ago so the info about him being nerfed can actually be reliavable, i just hope it isn't, he needs no nerfs, he is still recovering from the shithole that was Brawl's gameplay.

Mewtwo having no customs is kind of disappointing. I mean, people expected a full character, and customs are a big part of this new one right? Unless they patch them on the 28th as a "SURPRISE!", I don't see as many people buying them then before. They are fun though.

On the bright side, Mewtwo's hammer animation is them swinging it around it's body like a psychic maniac.

Played a bit of MewTwo a little bit ago, seems pretty fun. FAir is pretty good, and his tilts still have decent range, though I've been having a bit of trouble landing ftilt for some reason, probably just lack of experience. Confusion still sucks, but slightly less so than it used to. Disable still... exists. He actually seems like he might not be shit-tier this game, which is pretty cool. Bodes well for... some other low-tier Melee character that might be coming.

I wouldn't bet on it. It's a miracle that he's getting into the game at all, anything besides that would mean that someone in the world besides me, especially someone at Nintendo, actually gives a shit about Roy, which we all know is untrue. Best case scenario he'll be like Dr. Mario and have his Melee moveset.

We probably shouldn't automatically assume Roy is back, after all I didn't see nothing on themes for Lucas. It could've easily just have been accidentally put in there during coding.

"Dude I accidentally added another Fire Emblem victory theme to the code and named it after that high demand Fire Emblem character that was in Melee what should I do?" "Eh, just leave it, I'm sure it'll be fine."

Also, Lucas was in there. There were 4 themes, Lucas' victory theme, Roy's victory theme, Ryu's victory theme, and Ryu's stage theme (I guess???).

Also a legitimate source confirms the leak.

Well, there are plenty of things that have been left on the cutting room floor or dummied out of games before. I would caution anyone against getting their hopes up.