• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

You know there'd probably be more choices for a Metroid Rep. if Metroid could get a game where Samus actually does bounty hunting, wouldn't there? That'd be a good chance for more memorable Metroid characters.

Yeah, it's not like,
it's not like Metroid has a really memorable villain or anything,
who's gone through multiple incarnations, giving them lots of attack possibilities to draw from,
someone critical to Samus' backstory, maybe a personal nemesis of sorts,
there's no character like that,
who could ever be in a Smash game,
I'm not crying you're crying.

Ridley is really interesting in that we have accidentally run into a geno situation.

The fanbase seems to have for the most part burnt themselves out after the full release...which is sad cause Ridley would have been pretty great.

I'm quite excited to see what the fan votes characters will be...although I am not a K. Rool fan in the least.

Guys I want Wolf back.

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally badly.

He'll be announced at E3.

Reactions: DDB
I mean process of elimination...characters from brawl that are left who aren't back:

squirtle, ivysaur, wolf, ice climbers, snake.

...now remove all the ones that aren't relavent right now/ and or would cost too much money to work on/keep working on.

wolf.

would love ice climbers instead tho.

I trust Crayolan, their uncle works at Nintendo.

Yeah, it's not like,
it's not like Metroid has a really memorable villain or anything,
Well, yeah, of course Ridley's a great villain and all. But the massive stubbornness from Nintendo/Sakurai basically proves that if anyone from Metroid's getting into Smash, it's gotta be someone new and smaller.

The problem with other Metroid characters in Smash is that there have been only two Metroid games with other good sized characters. One had you kill them before they really did anything and the other we don't talk about.

I still think
that Sakurai just needs to stop being a wimp and make it work.
Size Ridley down, make a giant character, there are options here and it can work. Sakurai just ain't trying.

Reactions: DDB
idk if I could deal with ridley and K. Rool both. Nice amount of villains however.

I trust Crayolan, their uncle works at Nintendo.

Actually, my uncle is a fortune teller and has informed me of the future.

Actually my uncle is a cop.

You know now that I think about if Shantae hadn't been redesigned in the past year I really wouldn't have even considered her for Smash. Guess it was just good timing that they made her so cartoony recently?

Early unofficial ballot results. Not sure how accurate this is, but it's a good estimate!
ePRKw1S.jpg

Funny, i found one saying Snake is in 3rd position, also, we do need more F-Zero representation and Phoenix Wright.

Yeah, I can dig it. These are a lot better choices than what I expected of an online petition. Sure there's Paper Mario and Krystal, but eh? I'm just glad to see Shantae so high up there.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want Phoenix Wright in.
Yeah, I also found how high up Krystal is weird. There's so many better characters to put in...

It's unofficial so I kinda wanna just ignore the entire thing, but seeing Andy in the top 10 of the 1st party group gives me strength.

Reactions: Ktulu
It's unofficial so I kinda wanna just ignore the entire thing, but seeing Andy in the top 10 of the 1st party group gives me strength.
Yeah, I really want to emphasise that this is unofficial.
I posted this here so we could have a rough estimate of who people are voting for, not to get people's hopes up by saying this is definite.

Early unofficial ballot results. Not sure how accurate this is, but it's a good estimate!
ePRKw1S.jpg

I've seen this image before and,
I'm pretty sure it's just a guy making a list of who they thought had a chance.

It's unofficial in the most extreme way to say the least.

I've seen this image before and,
I'm pretty sure it's just a guy making a list of who they thought had a chance.

It's unofficial in the most extreme way to say the least.
Never claimed it was correct, or official. It's someone making a list of the most likely winners, ordered by series popularity, and popularity among the Smash Brothers community overall, among other things. Sorry if my posts caused confusion about this, I posted this here to give people an estimate of who might get in.

CCH26SwWEAAP3nd.jpg
Is he really trying to get his Sonic OC in Smash? Or am I reading this incorrectly?
I cringed all the way through either way reading that.

You know what? Forget about Inkling, when's Hawlucha?

I'd support Simon Belmont if it didn't mean supporting Konami. After both the Skullgirls fiasco and the whole thing with Kojima I'm very hesitant to support them in anything.
Pfffff
You think *you* hate konami? I played competitive yugioh.
Either way I see it as supporting a franchise that's in the dumps and showing that people like the old shit and not the awful god of war clone new shit. Maybe we'll get a new castlevania sidescroller and/or metroidvania if Simon got in. Maybe Nintendo would buy the franchise just like they're probably going to do with every franchise with bad modern games that I have nostalgia for.
I can see the headline now: Nintendo buys Castlevania, Megaman, Banjo Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and F-Zero.

I mean process of elimination...characters from brawl that are left who aren't back:

squirtle, ivysaur, wolf, ice climbers, snake.

...now remove all the ones that aren't relavent right now/ and or would cost too much money to work on/keep working on.

wolf.

would love ice climbers instead tho.
Squirtle and Ivysaur don't count for that? They're not irrelevant or too difficult to make unless your definition of too difficult to make is "anything that isn't a clone/semi-clone."

Honestly I loathe that charizard is the only pokemon trainer pokemon that survived brawl because he's by far the least interesting. He's just like... Bowser with wings.

Never claimed it was correct, or official. It's someone making a list of the most likely winners, ordered by series popularity, and popularity among the Smash Brothers community overall, among other things. Sorry if my posts caused confusion about this, I posted this here to give people an estimate of who might get in.
It seems like they're pulling the data out of their ass, though. There's no survey indicated and about 75% of the characters in the top category I've yet to see a single person root for. Basically after the top row it falls apart. It's also ridiculous to put 3rd parties in a second category because banjo kazooie at the very list is seriously possible. Plus why the fuck is wonder red not a third party while bayonetta is?

the fact that that thing uses Geno Fan Render #3765485432902 could spell something out on how fake it is
also places Geno in first party
when he's owned by Square Enix

NO MORE POKEMON
Hawlucha when?
W101 is a Nintendo IP, while Bayonetta is still owned by Sega
W101 actually isn't Nintendo 1st party. It's technically "Second party". It's in the same situation as Pokemon. It's possible, but not probable.

I can see the headline now: Nintendo buys Castlevania, Megaman, Banjo Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and F-Zero.

Haven't they always owned F-Zero?

Just imagine how hilarious and out of place would Phoenix Wright feel in Smash Bros, i wonder if his playstyle will have something to do with Maya or some other chars assisting him.

I honestly always imagined it as his UMvC3 Courtroom Mode stance.
But as an entire character.
And of the course the Level 3 for an FS but besides that.
Maya probably wouldn't work well in such a mobile platform fighter in all likelihood, and well, I'd like to see Nick succeed on his own merits for once.

It seems like they're pulling the data out of their ass, though. There's no survey indicated and about 75% of the characters in the top category I've yet to see a single person root for. Basically after the top row it falls apart. It's also ridiculous to put 3rd parties in a second category because banjo kazooie at the very list is seriously possible. Plus why the fuck is wonder red not a third party while bayonetta is?
I'll say this again: this is not ranked by what the community wants the most. While it influences the list, it is mainly ranked by how iconic or popular the series is, along with things like the series' contribution to Nintendo, and their viability as a Smash fighter. This list serves to show the chance of these fighters getting in, if voted for enough.
As for the 3rd-party sorting thing, I didn't make this thing, so I don't really care. I agree it is silly to sort them differently, but oh well.
As before said, Wonder Red is a second-party IP, while Bayonetta is strictly third-party.

I posted this here because I saw this going around on Reddit and 4Chan, to some extent. Considering it comes from 4Chan, you can completely disregard it if you want.
If people want to read this, and view it as a good barometer for who might get in, that's fine for me. If you want to look at it and say it's just a lie, go ahead.
Just imagine how hilarious and out of place would Phoenix Wright feel in Smash Bros, i wonder if his playstyle will have something to do with Maya or some other chars assisting him.
I'm sure they could make it work, considering he seemed to fit in fine for UMvC3, so I'm still hopeful.

So yeah, not expecting much if anything at all from the third party fighters. Most seem not worth the hassle and expenses, or just aren't as prominent on Nintendo platforms.

That's why I'm rooting for Shantae, because she really seems to fall on a good medium on all fronts.