• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Actually I just wanted Mightybox to photoshop a broom over my user...frame...icon thing for the longest time.

I really don't know what about it is so funny to me, but it just is. The act of trying to brush away a series of pixels on a screen with a miniature real life broom just is hilarious.

But I am serious about the Shantae moveset thing though. I did send it in to the Smash ballot, since I don't know if anybody else put it in.

I'd be down with Shantae. I've never played any of her games but she's cool beans.

I do like Shovel Knight, but there are two things holding him back. One being a lack of history with Nintendo. Shovel Knight hasn't been released in Japan, so even if he started on the 3ds/Wii U over here it's not like much is holding him up with getting on other consoles and being less than a year old.

Quote I could actually see. He's one of the few indie characters I've ever seen get a 3ds game in cartridge form. (At least a popular one.) Although I don't know about his popularity in Japan though, but I'm guessing it's enough.

I take in Japan's viewpoint very high when it comes to who's coming into Smash. I mean Ken Sugimori plays Shantae so I'm assuming she's got a decent following over in Japan.

BETTER GET THAT BROOM READY MIGHTYBOX, BECAUSE I'M AS CRAZED FOR SHANTAE AS THEY COME. HERE'S A MOVESET IDEA.

But that's, like, actually on topic.
If you were ranting about Shantae in the Wulf Den or something maybe, but, that's like a reasonable thing to post in a Smash thread.

Also I never thought I would ever be someone's senpai this is a very strange feeling <.<

Who said you were the senpai, the only thing I asked to touch me was the broom

Then go feel up your own goddamn broom and leave senpa- uh, my broom out of this!

...Anyway is anyone expecting the Lucas DLC to be mildly disappointing in the same way Mewtwo's is? No custom moves and whatnot?

It's a fucking new character, Lucas in fact, how can it be disappointing.

When's Ice Climbers?

Reactions: DDB
It's a fucking new character, Lucas in fact, how can it be disappointing.
Well, I did say only mildy disappointing.

I just imagine that when people put down 4-5 dollars for Mewtwo, they were a little bummed out because they knew he had less to him then every other character in the game. Customs being added has been a big gameplay thing for Smash, and for them to release a "full" character without even mentioning that they don't have customs makes it a tad souring.

But, of course, because it's Smash we basically don't care and will buy anything if it's new content because we love everything to do with Smash. Just in this instance it may be a little less.

Say was anyone confused about that Shantae mechanic thing? I'm just saying cause I talked about it over on Reddit and some person really got the wrong message about it. So I don't know if anyone over here really didn't get it too. Just in case.

Man I'm not in the mood to make another broom edit. Box can handle this one.

Man I'm not in the mood to make another broom edit. Box can handle this one.
hhbxfOH.jpg

Hows this?

all I know is that if Roy ever gets revealed and he's still super ultra garbage I'm gonna egg sakurai's house

Reactions: North888
all I know is that if Roy ever gets revealed and he's still super ultra garbage I'm gonna egg sakurai's house
Do it wearing a blue parka.
If you do, I'll wear a pink one.

I'll wear my Beowulf costume. Is that close enough? It represents how Wolf was skinned alive after Brawl.

And I'll stand behind you guys with a boombox blasting Ridley's theme.

Glad I saved this.

Fh4VaqUm.png

EDIT: Illegitimate brooming.

Φ you're next you son of a bitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jutsei
The boombox is meant to have the same effect on all of you as it's meant to have on Sakurai.

And also the broom thing was meant to hit DDB with when he was talking about Annie in threads that had nothing to do with her, I didn't go into the fucking Annie thread or DLC character threads to abuse him with it when it was perfectly within his rights.

I feel like I've said this before and then you posted the image again.

I think it was the same person too, Ktulu you are abusing the broom's powers.

Fair enough. I will redact that brooming I gave you and reserve it for DDB's obscene shitposting.

Glad I saved this.

Fh4VaqUm.png

EDIT: Illegitimate brooming.

Φ you're next you son of a bitch.
Fite me

upload_2015-5-21_21-2-12.png

Anyway, I am excited to find out what Nintendo has in store Smash wise when E3 rolls around. Besides Lucas (And maybe Ryu and Roy), anybody hoping for something unexpected?

Reactions: CountofBleck
hopefully my days of being broomed are over.

I voted for an SMT character that ISN'T from persona. Originality ftw!

I'm gonna be honestly a little upset if all they show at E3 is Lucas and Roy.
Tho of course following the pattern set by the previous 2 E3's they're gonna show Lucas and Roy and then ONLY show Ryu to the people there in person banning all cameras so all of us are just gonna read "Ryu confirmed" on twitter or something.

Why want Ryu when you can have Ice Climbers?
Or Daisy?
When's Pichu?

The point is
they're going to show all the characters whose playstyles we already know and then kill the hype by letting the third actually interesting character spread via word of mouth.