• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

why'd they bring bitch boy roy back wtf

Reactions: DDB
Because people like him...?
People don't actually like Roy, they like the idea of Roy. But an idea and the reality are two very painfully different things

I like Roy....

why'd they bring bitch boy roy back wtf
Cause bitch boy Ryu cost so little due to blandness they had enough for an extra clone.

OHHHH. OH OHHHH DISSED BOTH AT ONCE

GET DONKEY KICKED

Actually it's probably because Capcom paid enough for just Ryu, Nintendo had enough for their own character, didn't want to work too hard on a new one though, and went with Roy at the same time.

ryu-noscale.jpg

I cant get over people wanting the same character 3 times in a row tho , 2 is enough

Yeah, that stream confirmed, Roy got semi-cloned. He has a bunch of new animations for his normals, neutral B retains its slicing angle from Melee, his critical hit I think only hits the opponent right in front of him rather than leaping away like Marth and Lucina do, and I suspect Double Edge Dance had some tweaks to it too.

Funnily enough, the way he plays might make him the best FE character in this game.

The issue is,
there are people who genuinely do not care how hype a reveal is. They want the information and they don't need a cinematic trailer to get into it. If the people who do care about reveals don't leak it, the ones who don't will.
And it's not like this is a case of Nintendo trusting someone they couldn't, it's entirely the fault of someone accidentally activating the content early.

Ryu looks
really janky :/
His movements kinda startup too fast and go too far that it contrasts too much with the really normal-y movements his model is actually making.
I'm still gonna use him, but damn, it's just awkward to look at.

Ryu dsosnt look finished at all

Okay so, they leaked. The characters leaked, all the stuff leaked from an accidentally early patch.

But they're finished.

Remember that, in the end they have to be done. People have hacked into the game and are now playing as them. They have, for a lack of a better term, even with all the janky movesets they appear to have, been implemented into Smash bros. And we still have a big span of time between now and the end of the ballot in October.

So, be wary of tomorrow's direct. Because Sakurai may very well just have even more up his sleeve that few were expecting.

Reactions: North888 and Arcana
You're on a Skullgirls forum and you support Konami???

Like it's not "All Konami characters are bad", it's "holy shit I don't want anyone giving Konami ANY money now."

Except Metal Gear 5. Kojima deserves that one.
That doesn't even make sense, Kojima is on contract he's most likely not going to see profits from MGSV.

And how would it be giving Konami money? Bomberman has been dead for like a decade now, they can't use Smash to advertise games that don't exist.

Apparently you can perform special moves with Ryu by doing the classic inputs, and doing :QCF: B gives you Ryu's red Hadoken. Sweet.

Reactions: North888
Don't know if this was posted or not, but here are Ryu's stage themes and his victory theme.

That doesn't even make sense, Kojima is on contract he's most likely not going to see profits from MGSV.

And how would it be giving Konami money? Bomberman has been dead for like a decade now, they can't use Smash to advertise games that don't exist.
...Usually allowing the use of a character you own to another company as a playable entity involves contractual obligations for said company to transfer money to you? Just buying the rights to use a character from Konami feels like more money than the company deserves is what I'm getting at.

And I mean, it really is the thought that counts for Kojima. He made the game and put effort into it, it would be the one game Konami "made" that we might as well buy. Also today's video game market focuses heavily on game sales and having a Kojima game selling greatly would make his inevitable effort to stay in videogames just that much easier. Might as well respect his last game of the series and whatnot.

Might as well respect his last game of the series and whatnot.
Yes, giving tons of money and sales to the company that has treated him and his entire staff like shit and even attempted to erase his name from their products is obviously the way to show them how wrong they were. The got their cake and now you want to spoonfeed it to them and you claim it's giving them the finger.

Like I could ever give a crap about the feelings of the guy who removed Ice Climbers and put in he who must not be named.

Wasn't the IC thing techincal difficulties.
I mean, it's eventually Sakurai's fault for insisting on a useless 3DS version, but, it's not like he did it because he deemed the IC irrelevant.

Reactions: kantoskies
We must all be soothed by the power of magic:
upload_2015-6-13_17-2-25.png

At least Donkey Kong is having a barrel blast of a good time

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Apparently you can perform special moves with Ryu by doing the classic inputs, and doing :QCF: B gives you Ryu's red Hadoken. Sweet.
Oh wow, that's fantastic. That's really cool, definitely gives an interesting edge to Ryu.

Wasn't the IC thing techincal difficulties.
I mean, it's eventually Sakurai's fault for insisting on a useless 3DS version, but, it's not like he did it because he deemed the IC irrelevant.
What do you think one of his OTHER reasons for not including them was?

To personally piss you off.

Like I could ever give a crap about the feelings of the guy who removed Ice Climbers and put in he who must not be named.

Oh my god, we fucking get it. A character you don't like made it into the game and one that you did like was cut for unrelated technical reasons. We know. That doesn't mean you can be pissy towards a developer because they dared to not cater to your tastes. That also doesn't mean that you can be a prick to people who like that character because, what, they got luckier than you did? Jesus Christ, man. Grow the Hell up.

Scratch the last thing I said

Apparently to do red Hado you have to input :HCF: instead. Also, doing :DP: to do Shoryuken gives you invincibility as well as 1.2x attack power.

Because Sakurai, like most of humanity, wants you to suffer for your sins of character bashing.

I hope I have to pay to unlock Marth 3 , that would be great. I love buying characters that were present in other games :)))))))

QuestionableSpectacularBlesbok.webm

LegalObeseBabirusa.webm

EDIT:Hmm...I cant see these on this site with my own computer... if you guys cant see anything, right click and open the gifs in a new tab.