• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Corn's final smash should be that he marries all of his adoptive family at once,and his opponents auto KO above a certain percentage out of uncomfortableness.

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
Updating here so i can buy Bayonetta.

I still suck at smash, but i'm going online to get rekt anyways.

Also, i'll have i don't know about 3 dollars left of credits in the eshop, and since i'll not put more, any recomendations of what to do with this?

I accidentally down A'd myself off the stage, and this little bayo has the fucking gall to taunt.

so then all i do this game and next is
AKA Corrin's up taunt.
and I won both.
you fucking shit.

Few combos I found on the subreddit and Smashboards:

ZigzagGrossBoar.gif

TintedLankyAustraliankestrel.gif
GrandioseAllGalapagossealion.gif
SolidWhichAnophelesmosquito.gif

Reactions: Aden
So...Bayonetta's Down Air Spike can kill people at 74% if they are near the ledge...

Corrin is honestly really fun, the spike kick is really satisfying once you get it down, the dair is probably the best move, and I love that the male Corrin is voiced by Classic Leonardo. (which is great because his blue palette is the best)

Corrin is honestly really fun
While I think FE really is overrepresented, Corrin is one of the best additions to the game. Honestly I'm really happy with the DLC in general, I got Lucas back, Cloud, Bayo and Corrin are a ton of fun and we got the most fun iteration of Ryu since SFIII. Of course there are characters that I'd have preferred in terms of fanservice and gameplay, but it's hard to care that much.

I'm also really happy with how it all turned out. I never really played Lucas or Mewtwo, but I have no problems with them being in, I got my boy back despite the odds, Ryu and Cloud are both really fun to play as despite my relative dislike of both of them in their respective series, Corrin is a pleasant surprise from a character I don't know much about, and Bayo is just the best. Yeah, I'm pretty content with the roster.

I don't have Ice Climbers.

Reactions: Aden and Φ
Does this not satisfy you.

CaViixYWQAEEVDY.jpg:large
Are any of them named Nana? Or Popo?
Or Daisy

Bayonetta is cool, though.

I don't have Ice Climbers.
But you're ddb, you are used to not have a character you want in a game.

Well, Bayonetta is cool, but sadly not chain-y enough to make up for input delay. Easier than Zero Suit, but still annoyingly sensitive to input delay.

Also, her smashes all kill at ~70%, and everything else seems to be 120%+ except down-air.

You say that, but..

Man, Sakurai really like Bartz
i mean who doesn't but you can tell that Bartz is a manchild with a place in Sakurai's heart

Heard he has a horrible match up vs Yoshi

But most important of all.

They got rid of Sheik's 50/50

More importantly, Corrin got nerfed B)

(Also Jigglypuff has officially never been touched in like any patch lmao)

Dunno.

Wasn't that stupendous to begin with but okay.
Apparently their counter was a big pain to deal with if done right and was pretty annoying? That's what I was told I didn't buy them so I haven't really played against them either. But yeah they got nerfed quite a bit with walking, running, rolling, and some damage nerfs.

BuuUUUt tbh that post was just another "Sanity will never stop being salty over Fates: More at 11" post lol

I've been playing Corrin nonstop since he launched. He's a good character with good tools, but overall overrated and didn't need to be slaughtered with the nerf bat.

And fuckin, no matter how good a counter is, it's still a counter, so bait that shit.

Mac got nerfed

why

Also,

image.jpg

Wen ur buffs r tuff

Corrin's counter was needlessly punishing.
I've been killed at 20% by that thing, and not off a particularly strong move either.

Corrin's counter was needlessly punishing.
I've been killed at 20% by that thing, and not off a particularly strong move either.
Git gud.

I think Alpharad summed up the community the best in his Corrin 101 video

Last edited:
Friend of mine was complaining how useless Corrin's counter is now. We're both in agreement it needed heavy nerfs given the rest of his kit, but idunno if its really as weak as he seems to think it is now. Could it be a bit stronger to make him a bit more fulfilled? Like, not too strong obviously, but stronger than it is now?

It's totally fine,I've killed plenty of people with the counter post-patch.It's not terrible at all,but now you just can't use it all willy nilly and win like you used to be able to do.

I haven't played much post-patch yet, but I don't think the heavy nerfs to his counter were warranted, either. It used to be able to kill at ridiculously low percents, but it had a lot of startup, so it isn't fair to say you could throw it out and win. When used correctly it was definitely pretty good, but it was one of the few things Corrin actually had, so nerfing it to such an extent is disappointing.

the only thing they should have done with it within reason was just scale it down a bit.
I mean, Corrin is like, the only character with a counter that sends you vertical instead of horizontal.
there's less distance to cover on the former than the latter.

at least Bayo got some nerfs too.
the end lag on some of her moves is more than welcome imo

Last edited: