• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

While I find what he said to be interesting, I really just want to know 3 things:

1. Why in the mother of fuck was Wolf not DLC for one of the easiest cash-grabs in existence?
2. He's never even given a statement on King K. Rool, ever, despite him being one of the biggest requests for the game to date. So I wonder what his stance on his intense popularity is.
3. boi why tf wasn't New Pork City brought back for 8 Player Smash? Talk about wrong game, wrong time. It would've been perfect.

Could someone please pick up that phone

CAUSE I FUCKING CALLED IT
Bayo's nerfs literally were the only thing this patch brought in

As my friend says, Bayo was never really broken but she did require people to fight her a specific way that wasn't fun to play or watch. I can wholeheartedly agree. And I'm not totally sure these nerfs are gonna fix that overall.

Well, they stopped this game from getting a Meta Knight. She'll still be annoying, but less effective.

tumblr_o7qr00sTCq1sl58vfo1_1280.jpg

But he used AC Cloud so it's entirely irrelevant.

CEO was actually super bonkers though. Trela got knocked out in pools by a Bowser Jr. player, ZeRo got sent to losers by a Palutena player 2-0, and he didn't even make top 8

I actually may have an opportunity to meet Tweek as his mother, oddly enough, knows mine. I really respect his and M2K's playstyles and how hard they've worked for Cloud skills as they have.

Fun fact!

I'm a Cloud main in Sm4sh but I had no idea he could walljump till two months ago. And unfortunately as a Cloud main I'm on the receiving end of various amount of snark from a lot of people. I'm one of the only players to use his normal VII skin.

AC is for edgelords and dorks.

VII needs to be repped more. Yer doin god's work.

I only use AC because it's the only one with a green version.

Why? Why would you make me not wear kickass turtlenecc Cloud?

I only use AC because it's the only one with a green version.

Why? Why would you make me not wear kickass turtlenecc Cloud?
Why would you not choose Cloud in a dress...
993e8f6f3d01043e1a7b3891ac472fec.jpg

Reactions: Lexeous
But AC Cloud has purple
Surely I can't abandon the best alt color

Cloud's easy.

Charge limit
Do some up airs
Some nairs
Some f-tilts

And then

you take them out to your favorite eatery.

But I refuse to charge limit though
I only want to earn it through fighting so that's what I do.

But I refuse to charge limit though
I only want to earn it through fighting so that's what I do.

Okay real talk do not be afraid or ashamed or whatever to be slightly campy and charge limit. It's not even the most scummy thing in his moveset. His up-air is disgusting.

kIAXa6V.gif

mb5kl8n.png

Reactions: Peterthegameguy
Oh shit that hitbox is grosser than I could have imagined

Can I say I've never had a problem with Cloud or his up-air ever? I mean, I've never faced tourney players, but me and my friends I would like to believe are above-average; one of them play Cloud and uses Up-Air a lot and I've never ever had a problem.

Also, Side B limit break is the worst limit break. Come the fuck at me, I don't see why people think it's good at all. In fact, Side B at all is his worst move.

Also, Side B limit break is the worst limit break. Come the fuck at me, I don't see why people think it's good at all. In fact, Side B at all is his worst move.

d0f6f862bea84398bb6580955f008ec1.png

It's a spectacular move. Comes out on frame 10, covers spotdodges. The limit break version can kill very easily and has invincibility. But I guess you're just too good for us all. You should sign up for EVO.

Reactions: FastLikeLightning
d0f6f862bea84398bb6580955f008ec1.png

It's a spectacular move. Comes out on frame 10, covers spotdodges. The limit break version can kill very easily and has invincibility. But I guess you're just too good for us all. You should sign up for EVO.

I didn't say that, I know my limit (heh) and that I'm nowhere near the best, but seriously mechanically I think it's the worst.

Neutral B hits multiple times, can kill easily off-stage and has a ridiculous range
Up B has huge recovery and catches opponents so the down thrust almost always hits
Down B can kill almost anything above 30/40% (~) with it's decent range and can also catch rolls
Side B has slightly above average strength and knockback, of which usually isn't enough to kill anyway. Plus it's the easiest to block and avoid, though that may just be the fact that I might roll too much.

Up B has huge recovery and catches opponents so the down thrust almost always hits

I never see Climhazard used offensively on or offstage. The regular version is arguably the worst tool in Cloud's moveset. It's a poor recovery and easy to gimp. And if you catch the opponent with the down thrust offstage, you're dying too.

Side B has slightly above average strength and knockback, of which usually isn't enough to kill anyway. Plus it's the easiest to block and avoid, though that may just be the fact that I might roll too much.

Side-b with limit has tremendous knockback and can combo'd from nair and dair. It's also an amazing move for reading spotdodges and airdodges and whiffed grabs. Both versions also offer nice shield pressure. When Cloud launched I thought the move was not that great either, but the character has had some time to stew and now we can see how ridiculous he can be at high level.

I never see Climhazard used offensively on or offstage. The regular version is arguably the worst tool in Cloud's moveset. It's a poor recovery and easy to gimp. And if you catch the opponent with the down thrust offstage, you're dying too.

Side-b with limit has tremendous knockback and can combo'd from nair and dair. It's also an amazing move for reading spotdodges and airdodges and whiffed grabs. Both versions also offer nice shield pressure. When Cloud launched I thought the move was not that great either, but the character has had some time to stew and now we can see how ridiculous he can be at high level.
Eh, I probably just haven't seen great use of it to be honest. Mostly just my own opinion I guess.

Also

though that may just be the fact that I might roll too much.

As someone who takes Sm4sh semi-seriously (not so much these days but I'll get back into it when I have a local scene that isn't a 2-hour drive bUT I DIGRESS) I cannot stress this enough, the first step to evolving from a wee bud to the beginning stages of a good player is to stop rolling. Smash 4 is really centered around reads, and you know what the easiest thing to read is? A roll. I wouldn't say never roll again, but cut it down to a minimum so you aren't a kindergarten ABC book, easy to read as 1 2 3.

latest

But you probably already know this.

I just want people to learn. I love when people learn and get better. It's a turn-on.

Also

As someone who takes Sm4sh semi-seriously (not so much these days but I'll get back into it when I have a local scene that isn't a 2-hour drive bUT I DIGRESS) I cannot stress this enough, the first step to evolving from a wee bud to the beginning stages of a good player is to stop rolling. Smash 4 is really centered around reads, and you know what the easiest thing to read is? A roll. I wouldn't say never roll again, but cut it down to a minimum so you aren't a kindergarten ABC book, easy to read as 1 2 3.

latest

But you probably already know this.

I just want people to learn. I love when people learn and get better. It's a turn-on.
Oh, no no no, don't get me wrong; I only do that when I'm not playing someone I play most of the time, most specifically Link who I apparently do it a lot with. It's just that most of the time I play as those characters because my friends get pissed at me when I use Little Mac (of which I have mained since Day 1 3DS, and will main forever) because I am the best of our group and they claim I try-hard with him so I play him as little as possible.

I also main Dedede, R.O.B., Bowser, Bowser Jr., Ryu fuck who don't I use on a consistent basis? ... Rosalina, Shiek, Bayonetta, and ZSS. Basically high-tier disgusting characters, of which oddly all seem to be female...

More like

cringiest smash video.

I think that Palutena match broke somthing inside him