• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

So, I have an original 3DS that I've used for every other game I have but I am unsure if it would be ok to use for smash bros. Is the XL worth investing in?

If ya got the scratch, absolutely. I upgraded a few months ago specifically in preparation for Smash and now I don't know how I ever played without it! I managed to find a used one (on Amazon, I believe) for like $120, and it was in perfect condition--so you can definitely do so without breaking the bank too.

To be honest, the big screen of the XL has always given me a headache, especially with 3D on. I've stuck with old faithful, my Ocarina of Time 3DS, since I got it, so I'll use it with Smash, just the same.

To be honest, the big screen of the XL has always given me a headache, especially with 3D on. I've stuck with old faithful, my Ocarina of Time 3DS, since I got it, so I'll use it with Smash, just the same.
with 3D on

Well there's your problem right there.

Well okay, to clarify even with 3D off the XL still bugs me, and I ALWAYS use 3D when I'm using the regular-sized model, and that doesn't bug me one bit.

I gotta say, the 3D in Smash 3DS is pretty good. It's on the level of, say, Link Between Worlds, where it's not that deep, but provides a nice little bit of it.

And mind you, I was playing standing up, with a camera held over my face. It worked well.

Reactions: Hemijack
Alright! Sounds good. I'll conjure up the money in the next week and buy one.

I really fucking hope that's N's Castle.
Nah, that's a ridiculous assertion. He was clearly talking about gym leader castle from pokemon stadium. The certain someone is, of course, Lance.
gymleaderselect.jpg

What else could he possibly be talking about?

Rental Pokémon never got me past the E4... I always lost to Blue.

Rental Pokémon never got me past the E4... I always lost to Blue.
Man I'm so RNG screwed I'm stuck on Misty using Pikachu.

"What's up with this bomb? This looks like the stadium for the Home-run Contest, but there's no bat. Once you touch the bomb, it begins to count down. Give it enough damage and launch it at the right time…then once the bomb's countdown hits zero…!!"
zlCfzSPk7VIPGxb5B3.jpg

"...It goes BOOOOOM! Not only will the blast destroy targets, but it'll also cause a chain reaction by using shattered walls and bomb blocks--all of which contributes to you getting a high score!! This is a new activity that combines the concepts of Target Smash and the Home-run Contest--it's called Target Blast! Your final score is the total you rack up over two rounds. Of course, your Target Blast scores contribute to your Global Smash Power, too."
zlCfzSPk7xwoE8XJDq.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack
Fine with this, looks pretty fun, I think.

Also, as someone on Smash Boards pointed out.
We have six weeks until 3DS release, we're bound to get increasingly more important information.

Last edited:
Angry Birds for next smash newcomer.

I just hope this doesn't replace a real melee-style break the targets. Brawl's was awful.

Fine with this, looks pretty fun, I think.

Also, as someone on Smash Boards pointed out.
We have six months until 3DS release, we're bound to get increasingly more important information.

Delay confirmed!

Reactions: musica
It's actually six years, geez come on you guys

what is a nerd
your answer lies in the mirror.

on topic, I am actually okay with that bomb mini game. looks interesting.

I think he's trying to say you're very sweet, and very little.

does this mean that I am myself?
That I will never be more or less than me?
That who am I has some meaning in the world?
That the booty is so fine and fresh?
I think we broke Ruin, but if this is what it's like to be broken, I don't want to function anymore.

Are you saying Ruin isn't Ruin?

index.php

Oh, there's an indent on the tail for female Pikachu. Guess it's not just avatar characters that are getting gender swaps when applicable.

Oh hey Angry Birds

Bt9YDqSCQAA0Nhz.png:large

Turns out, the person who co-hosts the German Smash Bros 3DS tournament (they're looking for hosts) gets the 3DS and WiiU versions with three amiibos at launch.

So 3 launch amiibos confirmed at the very least.

Oh, there's an indent on the tail for female Pikachu. Guess it's not just avatar characters that are getting gender swaps when applicable.

I think that's the 3DS screenshot just looking weird

Not that I can't imagine Pikachu getting some indents in his/her alts, but I wouldn't think it's the default.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it's the pixelization occurring there. It's definitely not a heart shape.

Let's hope that the alt is temp or something.

We don't want another Sonic.

Hell, it's worse than Sonic, cause he's the EXACT SHADE OF YELLOW.

And it's not like there has never been Pac recolors for Multiplayer

pac-man-battle-royale-logo-530px.jpg

I dont understand why they dont just recolor Sonic and Pacman fully. Is Sega/Namco not allowing them to?

Sonic recolors are in (that sounds way worse than it is) with black, white and bright blue confirmed. Wouldn't be surprised to see red, like 2P Sonic Bot from Colors/Lost World.

As for Pac Man... maybe not? It's weird. We'll have to see. That might be a special costume. Here's hoping we get some, like, actual colors for him.

I wouldn't even mind colors based on Ghostly Adventure NPCs.
Pac-Man-and-The-Ghostly-Adventures-2.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack and Lavama
I dont understand why they dont just recolor Sonic and Pacman fully. Is Sega/Namco not allowing them to?

Sakurai's not into it.
He doesn't like removing what he considers an iconic factor of the characters, in the case of Sonic his blue fur, and I guess the yellow hue of Pac-Man as well?
I dunno, it's a bit too early to say, we haven't seen all of his other alts yet.

Sakurai's not into it.
He doesn't like removing what he considers an iconic factor of the characters, in the case of Sonic his blue fur, and I guess the yellow hue of Pac-Man as well?
I dunno, it's a bit too early to say, we haven't seen all of his other alts yet.

White Sonic is in Smash 4, though. Or rather, Silver, but Silver Sonic is something completely different. And Silver the Hedgehog is something else that's different.

White Sonic is in Smash 4, though. Or rather, Silver, but Silver Sonic is something completely different. And Silver the Hedgehog is something else that's different.

I mean yeah, I was mostly referring to Brawl's Sonic alts, same kind of goes for Lucario and Mewtwo and really all the pokemon to an extent.

Like, I can understand not changing Pikachu's colors (except maybe the upcoming blue Pikachu from this detective game)

tumblr_mv2nxcIw301qzp9weo1_500.gif

But like, yeah, changing the colors of the characters might have something to do with "identity". Especially for second and third party characters.

Hopefully that's gone for Sonic and the Pokemon (sans Pikachu)