• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I don't know if we've discussed the return of swimming or not in this thread, as recent builds of the game have had it mostly absent. But a recent video shows this during the win screen:
tumblr_nafovvCL1r1sntotwo2_500.png
(Swim time)

Thoughts?

Reactions: Hemijack
I don't know if we've discussed the return of swimming or not in this thread, as recent builds of the game have had it mostly absent. But a recent video shows this during the win screen:
tumblr_nafovvCL1r1sntotwo2_500.png
(Swim time)

Thoughts?
Until the Swim time is a number greater than 0, I will withhold my judgement on swimming.

Swimming sucked in brawl

that's all I really have to say on the matter

I liked swimming... why Sakurai, why do you divide us??

So Here's a thing. Go to 7:53

Discussion time?

EDIT: Screw it, direct link time.

Last edited:
So Here's a thing. Go to 7:53

Discussion time?
I'd like a discussion about the contents of that video. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Wll, apparently I'm bad at embedding things. so there's a direct link. Skip to 7:53 for the thing that matters.

That's just Mr. Game and Watch's break the target stage from Melee, his being unique in the fact that it took place on his home stage.

Oh, so its not smash 4 stuff? ...whoops. My bad.

Yup that's definitely from melee

My prediction: Nothing too interesting

Go ahead sakurai, surprise me.

I predict....

something....

involving the game. now that might not happen! I'm making a huge shot in the dark here! don't quote me on this!

zlCfzSU8uT4r40CA7I

"Pic of the day. Nightmare Wizard appears as an Assist Trophy! He will engulf the stage in darkness, and fighters will need to brawl blindly for a while. Look out for the effect before it goes dark, and play it to your advantage. Blinding and reversal effects even make the computer players mess up."

That made me jump for a second.

Edit: BURN IN HELL TECHPOWAH.
:PUN:

Anyway, this part caught my eye:
Sakurai said:
Blinding and reversal effects even make the computer players mess up

No more matches where AI bullshit their way through blackout effects!

No more matches where AI bullshit their way through blackout effects!
Or know exactly where you are when you're invisible.

Well, I'm not much of a Kirby guy, so I have no idea who this guy even is, but, he looks fuck'n sick.

Also:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Never change, Hemijack. Never change.

YxRVkhm.png

Reactions: Lavama
Well, I'm not much of a Kirby guy, so I have no idea who this guy even is, but, he looks fuck'n sick.

Also:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Never change, Hemijack. Never change.

YxRVkhm.png

He was the boss of Kirby's Adventure, which wasn't the first Kirby game but the one that cemented who he was (the first didn't have power copying and stuff). After that, he only appeared in cameos.

He also appeared in the anime as the big bad.

You can watch the final episode featuring him here:

Skip to 1:16:00 to see him in all his narmy glory. Fun fact, his VA went on to headline The Book of Mormon.

Skip to 1:16:00 to see him in all his narmy glory. Fun fact, his VA went on to headline The Book of Mormon.

Oh god don't get me started on Andy Rannels. I will never EVER understand why Matt Stone and Trey Parker thought he was a good choice. Andy can't do villain roles w/o making them sound fruity. (And the only time that worked was for Harley on Pokemon)

I pray to god they didn't get him back to voice Nightmare in this. (Especially since the DVD version had a different, much better actor to my knowledge)

Here's another fun fact: Before The Book of Mormon, Before his stints at 4Kids, he was also one of the Street Sharks. (Streex I believe)

all I know is that he was in Sonic X and I hate everyone on that show except Mike Pollock

More likely than not he'll just have a Master Hand-like evil laugh.

all I know is that he was in Sonic X and I hate everyone on that show except Mike Pollock
He was every single GUN Soldier

Every single one

Even in Shadow the Hedgehog. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Reactions: Cawtime
Mike Pollock also hates Sonic fans. It's hilarious. Every time someone posts on his FaceBook something like "hi eggman how r u" he's like "I am not Eggman, I am Mike Pollock, a voice actor under contract to not impersonate his characters on any public media. How are YOU doing?"