• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Uh, quick question. Can you still use the homebrew channel on the Wii U's original-Wii-menu?

Ed: To clarify, I'm wanting to play Project M on the Wii U. Is that still possible?

It's possible, but I don't know how. So probably. The issue is no gamecube controllers until Smash Wii U launches. And even then those might not work in Wii Mode.

Ah. That's a pretty good point, now that you say it... Alright, then. Thanks anyway.

You can totally run homebrew off the wii-u's wii menu if you transferred it over. Lack of gamecube controller port sucks though.

1408427651228.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack and Lavama
they could have at least had the decency to use the one that wasn't from Zero Mission
you know
the GOOD one

1408427651228.jpg

Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!

zlCfzSVRkUwzW2CtrQ

Here's a look at the 3DS version. You can use the same outfit variations in both the 3DS and Wii U versions.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pretty cool, more alts are always nice. Funny how he had to point out that a female designed this though.

Reactions: Hemijack
don't mind me I'm just waiting for a well-designed metroid stage to show up (Pyrosphere doesn't count as good until we see Boss Ridley)

don't mind me I'm just waiting for a well-designed metroid stage to show up (Pyrosphere doesn't count as good until we see Boss Ridley)
W-Well S-smash 4 won't count as good until we see Ridley confirmed!

I wouldn't say that, it'd certainly make the game pretty rad but it wouldn't be the end of the world or make it garbage if he wasn't in it.
Ha! I acted so dumb people actually think that's my opinion, nothin personnel, kid.

Reactions: Rellek
(she looks so much better with her hair down it's like a goddamn transformation, I tell you)

I don't know how to feel about this....
I mean, sweeet more alt costumes/Zero Mission representation and a stage confirm.
But the way they captioned it....guuuuuhhhh.

Hopefully just as much effort was put into giving other characters more alt skins.
Else I'll be sadly more convinced that ZSS is just there to be sexualized...

well i mean we already got the MOST important alt skin in Mac's hoodie
everything else is just gravy at this point

Else I'll be sadly more convinced that ZSS is just there to be sexualized...
Convinced? You worded that as if it's not being loudly shouted from mountaintops that she is.
Though, I think shorts and a top look better than bodysuit leather. That was just kinky territory. This looks like...good ol' 80's nintendo pushing it but still staying within boundaries. i think.

Reactions: Rellek
Though, I think shorts and a top look better than bodysuit leather. That was just kinky territory.
I would agree if they hadn't specifically shown that dislocating shoulder to show the audience my breasts shooting pose.
That just looks fucking horrifying in this costume.
If they had just shown the 3ds screenshots I would be a lot happier about this alt, honestly.

Zero Mission Samus looks cool
the real tragedy of this pic
is how Brinstar came back yet again
instead of Brinstar Depths
way to typecast Metroid locations Sakurai
:PUN:
(But really, I honestly liked Brinstar Depths more.)
You know what? I think the Metroid stage might be Fusion based now. If so, would you call me crazy for wanting Sector 6?

I really do not like that Brinstar is back. Why no Brinstar Depths or Frigate Orpheon Sakurai? Or even the original Planet Zebes stage from Smash 64?

On that note, the moment we actually get a stage from Smash 64 for this game, i'll get 10 more copies of both versions than I was already getting.

I really do not like that Brinstar is back. Why no Brinstar Depths or Frigate Orpheon Sakurai? Or even the original Planet Zebes stage from Smash 64?
Other than the destroyable stage, what differences are there on Brinstar or Planet Zebes?

Well for one, the acid was actually much more of a threat. Also the layout wasn't a copy and paste of Battlefield.

So I looked up the costume that they were basing the alt off of
tumblr_inline_najxehlbHw1rfyr2t.jpg

I have to admit, they did a relatively good job translating it into Smash. Although it seems that the top in Smash is a little shorter, I was actually a little shocked to see that that random opening was apart of the original costume. The biggest problem I had besides the poor character model poses was the way the shirt shaped around the breasts, but it looks like it's actually kind of present here, huh.
(If you look very closely in the pick of the day you can see Samus's neck covered up, btw)

oh dear god the internet is blowing up

SAKURAI IS SEXIST they say except I think this costume looks LESS sexualized because it basically is what an MMA fighter wears, minus the rocket boots which look better on this model anyways

I like 'em. Nice call back.

Brinstar Depths... not a terrible bring back, but nothing I was shouting to the rooftops to bring back.

I don't really like the alts that much, but at least this further affirms that Bayonetta is not too sexualized for Smash 4.

She wears MORE clothing than that!

I hate every Metroid stage pre-Brawl so, whatever. Costume looks nice though.

You are literally a fool if you think ZSS is there to be a sexual object.

play the game. it aint out yet

play it anyways

Today I learned that showing a bellybutton pushes the game to an M-rating.

Today I learned that showing a bellybutton pushes the game to an M-rating.

I like how people are like "Wow, Smash is really pushing that E rating" with this outfit but half of the NPCs in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are also baring their midriffs.

And the Swimmer trainer class in X and Y has even less clothing on.

BfrYmYT.jpg

0Ndsrms.jpg

66hKdcQ.jpg

but you can't see any boob????????????
boob makes me scared my mom said boob was bad????????????????????
why there boob in my nintendo is boob gonna be in mario?????????????
will mario and yoshi have boob????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
with a bra?????????????????????????????????????????????

That's Tumblr for ya.
Oh no, that was from Miiverse.

I don't wanna imagine Tumblr.