• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Am I alone in being relieved that ZSS will have an outfit that isn't a ridiculous skin tight suit? Because I prefer the new outfits to the old based purely on my disdain for the Zero Suit in general.

Oh right, and canonical outfits worn by Samus and something or other...

Reactions: Rellek
Am I alone in being relieved that ZSS will have an outfit that isn't a ridiculous skin tight suit? Because I prefer the new outfits to the old based purely on my disdain for the Zero Suit in general.

Oh right, and canonical outfits worn by Samus and something or other...

I like this one too. I think it's more fitting of her new fighting style. Even the boots look better. She looks like a fighter.

becfba4ed7c35785b1e23900d63c10fd.jpg

Plus now her and Little Mac have similar boxer/fighter attire so the ship is stronger

y'know, if people don't want to play ZSS, its not like there's

REGULAR SAMUS FULLY CLOTHED AND NOT SHOWING ANY SKIN AT ALL YOU BUNCH OF WHINERS.

but yeah, I think every ZSS argument is dumb and and if people don't like it then don't pick ZSS.

Reactions: Lavama
y'know, if people don't want to play ZSS, its not like there's

REGULAR SAMUS FULLY CLOTHED AND NOT SHOWING ANY SKIN AT ALL YOU BUNCH OF WHINERS.

but yeah, I think every ZSS argument is dumb and and if people don't like it then don't pick ZSS.
Real talk, unless they roll back Samus to Melee levels of usefulness ZSS is the Samus you want to play if you want to win. That whip is just too good not to want to use.

then if they want ZSS and her godlike whip, they should just deal with the design. I see these stupid arguments in DoA and I'm just like "cohme ohn"

the difference is nicki made the decision to wear that outfit. SHE decided to. no one made her.

samus in smash was designed by a bunch of gross crusty dudes. SHE (obviously) DIDNT CHOOSE TO WHERE THAT OUTFIT. (im pretty sure the samus in this picture isnt even an official skin but my point stands.)

try again fucktree

tumblrinas coming outta the woods

wasn't samus in this exact specific situation designed by a woman, though

DoA is pretty much Jiggle Physics: The Franchise.
you can turn this off though. But people complain about the costumes and stuff and I just don't care because you don't have to get those because there's just as many alternatives to them.

I just think people should just relax about the Samus costumes.

Reactions: Hemijack
unfortunate as it might be
as an artist I can't hate the DoA franchise at all
I mean those guys break their backs over those damn anime titties in a way that I can only respect
they developed the tech to have individual breast physics, one boob in a set of two having its own jiggles as opposed to a wobbly clump
they have costume-specific breast physics. Shit like that goes beyond simple titty love. That shit right there is borderline worship of the female form.
it's amazing, in it's own way

Valentina.gif

Didn't she have jiggle physics? Now that I think about it, Flurrie might have had some as well... If anything they were funny, not sexy.

Valentina's jiggle physics lasted longer than her actual hit animation. Like, 3-4 seconds longer.

that's just another of the multitude of reasons for me to hate SMRPG

I think it's fine that they're doing classic costumes. what are they gonna use for ZERO SUIT Samus? like, I think it's actually really cool that they're referrencing different metroid games where Samus isn't in her armor, especially non-console entries of Metroid.

like, it's not like she has much else in design
all_samus_all_endings_by_krls81-d707phw.jpg

what else would people complain about if she wore any of these? "she's not wearing pants!" "why is she showing off so much of her legs?"

The costume itself isn't bad, it's just that they choose some poor poses for her to be in, making it seem more sexualized than it actually is.

And remember the laws of animation. Some poses look MUCH better in motion because they're made to be in motion. Inbetween frames are not always good looking (Skullgirls notwithstanding).

at least have a no ponytail option
Young short hair Samus is the best part of Other M, when's that

I'd pay $10 DLC for short hair Samus

Reactions: Covenant
yeah i sure love moody teenager samus
definitely want more of that

how about the princesses of Smash wearing their racing gear from Mario Kart 8 as alternate costumes?

please let more people rage Sakurai.

I would be 0% surprised if Rosa got her biker suit with an especially tight butt or something
it would offend gloomy rosalina fans AND overreactive types!

whose to say that Samus wasn't wearing them UNDER her armor? they certainly don't look like they'd take up any space on her body nor make her feel uncomfortable if she wore them in her armor. hell, she actually IS wearing the black sports bra and panties(?) in Super Metroid, as you can see them on her when her armor explodes off during the game over screen.
super-metroid-death-scene-o.gif

and it's probably a lot easier to make a new costume than a completely new character.

and Tumblr has been the subject of ridicule for a long time. that's nothing new at all. blame the SJWs and radical feminists (which aren't what actual feminists are like at all) for why tons of people hate tumblr.

honestly the outfit isn't really a problem because there's nothing inherently sexual about a piece or set of clothing.
my main issue with ZSS is her proportions and her presentation
and I don't mean the jelly spine either
Samus has like three alien species in her DNA by the end of Fusion if she doesn't wind up a little effed up from that i would be surprised

what gets me is that her boob/butt/leg/everything ratio is all out of whack and it's being kinda presented on a silver platter
Putting samus in funky poses is no big deal because she's a flexible mammajamma but shooting them from a butts n boobs angle is kind of a bad thing because you're presenting to everyone how you want them to see the character
i mean we've been able to see Peach's bloomers since her melee debut but since every instance of Peach isn't dang bloomers
we don't have a problem

if ZSS had just been presented as a quicker more nimble samus without the heavy firepower instead of Space Gun Boob Mole Butt Angel
i think we'd be a lot more coolheaded about shit happening

So what you're saying is, we need to compensate for this with male fanservice?
Swimsuit costumes for the guys! Yes, especially Ganon and Wario.
:PUN:

After Other M I really don't know what they want to do with this character anymore honestly.
It's an odd place, really.
I mean, as I'm sure a lot of people know
Japan was a LOT more fine with Other M than the rest of the world was, because the shit presented there is commonplace in japan.
The game was even made to get the series a little more footing with the japanese audience and wasn't going to be released internationally. Since that incarnation was popular enough to get into smash (which runs MOSTLY off of the japanese audience btw), we might see more of that kind of thing
but since Nintendo isn't stupid and knows how to actually listen to their audience and isn't completely willing to throw one of their most popular series in the west aside
we might NOT see Space Gun Boob Mole Butt Daddy Issues Mole PSTD Angel Mole much often after smash
it's hard to say, really

Space Gun Boob Mole Butt Angel

This is what motivated me to play Super Metroid fast.

Reactions: SanoBaron
tbh, those poses seem to be like she's in the middle of doing other things, not just making sexy poses. those shots though don't seem to be too much on butts and boobs either. they both just seem to be reloading her gun. the one in orange especially since that is just a bad frame she was stopped on.

but wii fit trainer has been oversexualised in her promotional stuff too!
tumblr_mui4vlPPsl1sw8d3mo1_1280.jpg
just pulling your leg. I don't mean anything by it.

Metroid fans get so salty when it comes to Smash.

Justifiably so, but still.

Reactions: Calypsx
Alright, just hoping her tilt normal's are somewhat good then. That's like a dealbreaker for me.

The third hit of her neutral combo actually grounds opponents like they hit a pitfall.
cAwhPMe.jpg

That's her number one thing for combos and such. It's really good.

Reactions: Calypsx
The third hit of her neutral combo actually grounds opponents like they hit a pitfall.
cAwhPMe.jpg

That's her number one thing for combos and such. It's really good.

What. That's amazing. Not like, impressive amazing, but endless-beta-Eliza amazing. I think she's gonna be really good.